Main Menu

New AAs on Test!!!

Started by Hzath, April 01, 2010, 07:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sikkem

Quote from: Hzath on April 02, 2010, 01:50:24 AM
because our feedback worked so well the first time?
and the 2000 times since then.

Thanks for the effort Tadenea it is appreciated but Eildroth made it pretty clear he has no interest in fixing beastlord AA's when he ignored questions with regard to beastlord AA's on his official bug post.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Hzath

To be clear, I'm not mad at Tadenea I'm mad at the situation.

I feel we're being ignored, in the same patch we get improved safe fall rangers get ANOTHER SPELL?
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Blarp

hey it happens if we still get Fd/deagro so many are bitching aboult it all ready it most likey will not stick and safe fall with have 9 ranks lol.

long as they hold then i will be happy for now.

Sikkem

Quote from: Blarp on April 02, 2010, 02:20:43 AM
hey it happens if we still get Fd/deagro so many are bitching aboult it all ready it most likey will not stick and safe fall with have 9 ranks lol.

I just can't help thinking that FD will fail a lot and the emote for it will be "Sikkem assume's the position"  :lol:

wildwaters

If it is a 'normal' fd it will get seen through alot whith out the aa's to improve it. The question is did they give you fd with a built in willful death aa? I, as an sk, would bitch about that >.< I doubt they did though so in situations where mobs cast at all expect to be eaten up alive. /grins evilly

Hamtarro

Lol, with a 60% success rate. I just can't get over this. Never before has it been so obvious that they are "setting up" the next expansion's sales. In December we will see "new aa! Increases the sucess rate of FD by 30%! $40 please..."

I love my beastlord, I really do. And I get that we are a Jack of all trades class. But seriously? I'm tired of having jack crap worthless utility (see paragon's weakening with time, Ferocity, etc) and now they just lump
in some really, really terrible FD that we can add to the list? Oh joy.

Sorry for my rants I'm sure I'm overreacting hehe 8)
Hamtarro Baconator
<Grey Horizon>
Tunare Server

Umlat

Let's see 1) the Safe fall thing ... seems not that useful witthout the base skill.
            2) Where's FLURRY? - Every other melee/hybrid got -- yet another "everyone in archetype, except bst" common skill - thank you SOE devs. If a company pulled this kind of blatant prejudice stuff as often as the devs do in the real world, they'd be before a human rights comission faster than you can say bigot.
            3) FD - great wheres the pet fade too? Half the point of being able to escape is to avoid having to redo pet summoning buffing and being without gear. Assuming it works...is it spell proof or is this no frills original FD at its finest?
            4) Chameleon Strike - not holding my breath for it to work properly, no other beastlord aggro reducer ever has. Expect it to be changed into a pet heal in a future patch.
            5) Hastened attacks ok I suppose but it would be nice if this stuff actually landed on raid mobs and didnt turn a raid mob to attack you instead of the main tank.

I fully expect our relative DPS position to fall even further this time around, along with our utility.

Personally, I am sick and tired of getting the short end of the stick from the devs. I am sick of SOE in general cutting us out of any sort game input as a class. They don't fix what they break in the way of beastlord abilities, they show NO IMAGINATION in giving us abilities, they refuse to provide us with an area in which we excel at/are the best in. They have systematically taken away any of our class defining abilities to the point where we are lucky if they are even equal to the new abilities handed out to other classes. Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot, we can HEAL our UNDERPOWERED, THIRD RATE pets, that even MINOR PET CLASSES' PETS are drawing almost equal to. Yes, we can HEAL those pets in NINE or TEN DIFFERENT WAYS ... and they still can't survive much of the time.

I have just about had it. If they thought this was supposed to impress us, then they need psychiatric medication more than my schizophrenic crack addict ex-rommate ever did. If this isn't some sort of sick April Fool's joke and they don't start acting like SOE has an equal regard for all its paying subscribers, I'm done. It's either that or a spam campaign via PMs and that's not worth the effort at this point, since we know they won't read it.

Umlat

Quote from: Hamtarro on April 02, 2010, 03:29:59 AM
Lol, with a 60% success rate. I just can't get over this. Never before has it been so obvious that they are "setting up" the next expansion's sales. In December we will see "new aa! Increases the sucess rate of FD by 30%! $40 please..."

I love my beastlord, I really do. And I get that we are a Jack of all trades class. But seriously? I'm tired of having jack crap worthless utility (see paragon's weakening with time, Ferocity, etc) and now they just lump

I don't think you are, but then again, I've skilled up in Rant by several dozen points in the last few months.

Hzath

Quote from: Umlat on April 02, 2010, 03:42:15 AM
Quote from: Hamtarro on April 02, 2010, 03:29:59 AM

I don't think you are, but then again, I've skilled up in Rant by several dozen points in the last few months.

I think I've doubled my eqlive post count today.  Ranger's got a new spell after their 50+ page thread crying about the HA nerf.  Clearly this is evidence that in order for us to get useful things we must throw temper tantrums in public forums.  After this current insult, I for one am up for for the challenge(assuming it's not revealed as a joke tomorrow).
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Hamtarro

I just want a developer to tell us how they envision our class. Seriously. Please. My server has MAYBE 6 top end beastlords, total. I understand that it is hard to define our class because many of us don't agree on what direction we would like to go (some want utility, some want dps, some want pet tanking, etc etc) but I think the one thing that we all could agree on is that we do need SOME direction.
Hamtarro Baconator
<Grey Horizon>
Tunare Server

Grbage

Ok Ok calm down guys. We've been asking for FD to dump agro not as a pulling tool (though some want it for pulling). Think of it this way, it's a 60% chance of dumping agro back on the tank which is one heck of a lot better then what we've had in the past.

IF the devs want to increase our pulling utility down the road then more FD aa's/pet FD aa's can be added later. Personally I don't see that happening but I didn't think they would actually give us FD either.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Hzath

We needed improved deagro, I agree 100%.  Deagro AAs are the new pet heals, apparently.  We don't need 6 different ways to lower our agro, we need one or two ways that work.  A plethora of pretty bad AAs does not = one really good AA.

A 60% chance of living when the warrior dies on raids is significantly higher than I have now, I can't deny that.  However, when almost every other class is at 100% it it a blatant insult to give us this 60% ability AFTER almost every other class is at 100%.

Roar of thunder, bite of the asp, raven's claw, gorilla smash, chameleon strike, Unknown DB String 0-1.  Got a good list going, by 2012 I estimate 17 pet heals and 9 deagro AAs.

Sikkem

Quote from: Grbage on April 02, 2010, 04:20:56 AM
Ok Ok calm down guys. We've been asking for FD to dump agro

We have been asking for a simple jolt like ability with no frills since prior to Roar of Thunder in 2004.

These 2 are just 2 more failed attempts at getting that jolt. They seem incapable or simply refuse to do it for some reason or another.

Nusa

April 1 is the wrong day to say anything about anything. You don't know who is joking and who is serious, so why bother saying or reacting to anything until it's said on another day?

bobokatt1970

I know Umlat is being serious, but I simply get a kick at how he writes... had me cracking up over the medication and your roomate.
Sorry just trying to find something "positive" about this whole thing.

I can't seriously imagine that this would have anything to do with April Fools... I've been reading the mage forum and necro forum and chanter etc., makes no sense as too much work has gone in for each class for these AA"s etc., just to be funny.  That's a heck of a lot of coding/changes or additions all for just a joke.  What it does look like is simply a "test".  Anything can change.

I would hope the FD AA, if that is what it finally becomes, could be incorporated as a possible agro flush rather than actually pulling/splitting etc, just as Grbage suggested. Maybe yet another "reduce agro by xxxx and DD for xxx" is simply not viable, when RIGHT after it your dishing out more spells and DPS, procs, crits etc.  Our DPS has gone up substantially in my books and especially with frozen venom and how often that pops.  Maybe this is a way for us to be a bit different rather than getting a renamed version of Jolting Kicks.

Looking way way back at AA suggestions, did folks not ask for some sort of FD as a wish?