Main Menu

New AAs on Test!!!

Started by Hzath, April 01, 2010, 07:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharrien

I'm ambivalent about FD, I don't see using it that much with such a high fail rate making it a dubious puling tool at best.  Some are describing it as a way to dump aggro, but don't you still have the same aggro when you stand up again?  This seems like a waste of time since we're not doing any dps laying on the ground, so might as well be dead anyway.

If these AA are all in fact serious, then we need to revamp how we submit our own inputs.  We obviously cannot send every stupid idea (yes, I'm calling innate safe fall very, very, stupid) to the devs cause they will pick whatever is on the list that they can implement by their due-date to reach their target AA for the expansion.  That's how we end up with a criminal waste of time like safe fall.  In the future I think we need to come up with inputs, vote on them or something and then submit ONLY our top ten.  We can't just toss our entire brain storming list to the devs without vetting it first. 

Tadena, I really appreciate your efforts to help, next time I hope we beasts can put together a more well thought-out list to pass to Elidroth.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Grbage

Quote from: Hzath on April 02, 2010, 04:27:48 AM
We needed improved deagro, I agree 100%.  Deagro AAs are the new pet heals, apparently.  We don't need 6 different ways to lower our agro, we need one or two ways that work.  A plethora of pretty bad AAs does not = one really good AA.

A 60% chance of living when the warrior dies on raids is significantly higher than I have now, I can't deny that.  However, when almost every other class is at 100% it it a blatant insult to give us this 60% ability AFTER almost every other class is at 100%.

Roar of thunder, bite of the asp, raven's claw, gorilla smash, chameleon strike, Unknown DB String 0-1.  Got a good list going, by 2012 I estimate 17 pet heals and 9 deagro AAs.

If you periodically hit FD, stand back up and turn attack back on during a fight you wont be anywhere near the top when/if the tank dies. Properly played FD classes have been doing this since it was introduced in the game. Set up a macro and you barely skip a beat in your dps.

Give us a 100% FD and we are well on our way to being a pulling class, give us the necro pet fd aa (logical next step) and we would be one of the best pulling classes around. Gentleman, that's not a path I personally want to go down. If it was I would of made a monk instead.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

kharthai

Quote from: Grbage on April 02, 2010, 02:02:35 PM
If you periodically hit FD, stand back up and turn attack back on during a fight you wont be anywhere near the top when/if the tank dies. Properly played FD classes have been doing this since it was introduced in the game. Set up a macro and you barely skip a beat in your dps.

Pretty much what I was thinking.  I'm very surprised at the low reuse, and I'd prefer a higher success rate for sure, but it could be much worse, heh.  Safe fall is pretty funny still.

Carnivac

QuoteClass - Magician
Frenzied Burnout - 1 more rank- 10 aa
Host in the shell - 1 rank - 10 aa - This ability creates a shield of runes around your pet (4 min recast)
Drape of Shadows - 1 rank - 12 aa - This ability allows your pet a chance to fade from the enemies sight (2min 30 recast!)

I hope we get Drape of Shadows, it's somewhat annoying! that they are most likely giving the Mages an ability to pet pull, but not Beastlords.

Carnivac - Iksar Beastlord
Founder Member of United Kingdoms
"Its not the destination that matters, its the journey"
My Opinions Are My Own!

kharthai

Uh yeah, they can keep that imo.  It's not like it drops the mage themself from aggro.

Hzath

Quote from: Grbage on April 02, 2010, 02:02:35 PM
Quote from: Hzath on April 02, 2010, 04:27:48 AM
We needed improved deagro, I agree 100%.  Deagro AAs are the new pet heals, apparently.  We don't need 6 different ways to lower our agro, we need one or two ways that work.  A plethora of pretty bad AAs does not = one really good AA.

A 60% chance of living when the warrior dies on raids is significantly higher than I have now, I can't deny that.  However, when almost every other class is at 100% it it a blatant insult to give us this 60% ability AFTER almost every other class is at 100%.

Roar of thunder, bite of the asp, raven's claw, gorilla smash, chameleon strike, Unknown DB String 0-1.  Got a good list going, by 2012 I estimate 17 pet heals and 9 deagro AAs.

Give us a 100% FD and we are well on our way to being a pulling class, give us the necro pet fd aa (logical next step) and we would be one of the best pulling classes around. Gentleman, that's not a path I personally want to go down. If it was I would of made a monk instead.

If you want to use the logic of continual FD to keep agro suppressed my point still stands.  If we use FD for our deagro needs we no longer need hastened asp/raven/gorilla or chameleon strike.  Either way, I agree that a fast reuse FD it going to get turned into a pulling tool eventually.  We're already spread in too many directions and having "puller" added to the list will only increase the confusion and class identity crisis.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Grbage

I agree we already have to many deagro aa's but that's because the devs continously do it wrong, we keep complaining and so they try again.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Blarp

said it b4 i will aain Jolting kick Plus Safe prev like Zerkers or something like it. Problem fixed. i think FD would be a Fun tool. but over all its going to kill what little dps head way we have made. id drop FD for a jolting kick and a REAL dubble/tripple atk and flurry

Tadenea

That ranger spell rangers got in its current form its just a knockback with snare and a 10% chance to Memblur
(as a ranger I dont even know why we got that)

Think about every classes hates there AA's they got least the ones I talked to, Rangers, Beastlords, SK, Shaman's
I know Rangers even got some AA's not even on there imput list
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Grbage

Well, if Elidroth decided to take some monk stuff to give us I can see how he hit upon FD and safe fall. Not much else except return over ac soft cap that can be given to us from monks and that's not an aa.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Carnivac

Quote from: kharthai on April 02, 2010, 03:13:36 PM
Uh yeah, they can keep that imo.  It's not like it drops the mage themself from aggro.
Just read on the Mages forums:
QuoteDefinitely is not 100pct chance to work, and, when it does work, you still retain your agro on the mob, so still don't see a way to use this for splitting unless still combine with CoN. For dropping agro on pet when needed, sure, allow that tank to move the mob easily, or ensure that named gonna lose agro on fluffy and hit RS pets, sure.... still don't think its gonna stay on the top page of any of my hotbars.
Crap spell then . . .  :-( not really useful at all to Mages if that is going to be the case.
Carnivac - Iksar Beastlord
Founder Member of United Kingdoms
"Its not the destination that matters, its the journey"
My Opinions Are My Own!

Blarp

they can give us real dubble and tripple atk and flurry like most all melee shit id lov that more then Fd TAKE FD AND GIVE US JOLTING KICK AND REAL MELEE SKILLZ

kharthai

Quote from: Tadenea on April 02, 2010, 04:53:04 PM
Think about every classes hates there AA's they got least the ones I talked to, Rangers, Beastlords, SK, Shaman's
I know Rangers even got some AA's not even on there imput list

Yeah, one thing is for sure, pretty much every class has their emo outrage pants on.

k9wazere

My biggest problem with dying as a Bst was always re-gearing the pet (find a mage... bother the mage... again and again... lose friends, etc :p)

The XP loss, etc, doesn't bother many of us any more I'm sure.

If we could have an "escape" AA for the pet, which made it persist through *our* death, to re-accompany us at our bind point, that would be more awesome for me than FD.

Although I do like the idea of safely making ninja-AFK'ing more safe :p

bradam

Quote from: k9wazere on April 02, 2010, 06:56:15 PM
My biggest problem with dying as a Bst was always re-gearing the pet (find a mage... bother the mage... again and again... lose friends, etc :p)

Ugh mine too..  Especially when grouping as there's generally none around.  I find myself giving my warder all the defiant gear that drops or sometimes rots, like that hoary dorf gear that drops in T8  =)

WTB an AA to summon pet gear!