Main Menu

New AAs on Test!!!

Started by Hzath, April 01, 2010, 07:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazame

I for one am happy with the list.

as for the new ranger knock back and snare if you don't see the point in it i am sorry but you just got one of the best pulling tools in the game. I box a chanter and the punt mob is one of the best ways to pull combine it with cover track you punt one mob the other next to it comes running you hit cover tracks and lose aggro on the 1st and then tag and then what was a double pull is now a single  split rooms the right way and your skills are up when you need them.

Grbage

Quote from: bradam on April 02, 2010, 07:10:43 PM
Quote from: k9wazere on April 02, 2010, 06:56:15 PM
My biggest problem with dying as a Bst was always re-gearing the pet (find a mage... bother the mage... again and again... lose friends, etc :p)

Ugh mine too..  Especially when grouping as there's generally none around.  I find myself giving my warder all the defiant gear that drops or sometimes rots, like that hoary dorf gear that drops in T8  =)

WTB an AA to summon pet gear!

Just got an upgrade from EM3 to EM4, still havent summoned a new pet because the current one is fully kitted out...
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Hzath

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

k9wazere

Quote from: Hzath on April 02, 2010, 08:12:11 PM
How do you not die?
Hacks! :p

I wish I knew. I can't keep mine alive 5 minutes!

Blarp

well the only reason i live 75% ish of the time i  have Pocket ench so i pull the room and AE mez lol kill em all leaving a small spacer mob to mob to brake camp.

Khauruk

Quote from: k9wazere on April 02, 2010, 08:34:42 PM
Quote from: Hzath on April 02, 2010, 08:12:11 PM
How do you not die?
Hacks! :p

I wish I knew. I can't keep mine alive 5 minutes!

I can honestly say almost all my pet deaths are due to me not paying attention.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Tadenea

Quote from: Mazame on April 02, 2010, 07:22:57 PM
I for one am happy with the list.

as for the new ranger knock back and snare if you don't see the point in it i am sorry but you just got one of the best pulling tools in the game. I box a chanter and the punt mob is one of the best ways to pull combine it with cover track you punt one mob the other next to it comes running you hit cover tracks and lose aggro on the 1st and then tag and then what was a double pull is now a single  split rooms the right way and your skills are up when you need them.

Snare dont last long 3 ticks still CT is 12-15min reuse, either way it needs improved but this is not ranger forums
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Mazame

SS is 10 min reuse and that is what I use with chanter I punt and then SS so ya it not for the fast pulling group but if done right you can split one mob out then have a 2nd mob that is a solo pull to help while the spliting tool is on cool down.

ya this in not ranger forum. but my 1st thing still hold I am pleased with the add we got. they may not be the best or perfect. but hom many years did Monk / sk go before their FD works the way it dose today.  how many AA did they have to spend to get it to where it is today. for us to ask for a FD that is = to there from day one is a joke we just learn the skill we need time to improve it and leave the door open for more aa down the road so ya it not perfect but has room to grow so I am happy

Hzath

Comparing this ability to monk/necro/sk feign death from 11 years ago is a terrible way to analyze what we're being given.  I'll ignore this fact and assume, as you are, that this "Unknown DB String 0-1" is the start of a great AA line that will solve our agro problems.  If this is truely the case, why then do we also need Chameleon Strike and hastened lines for our Asp/Raven/Gorilla attacks?  

The point I'm trying to make, is that individually all of these AAs are a few tweaks away from being useful tools, but when you look at the entire package we're being given all of the tools are for the same job.  You don't have 4 keyboards plugged into your computer for a reason.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Mazame

I don't know where this idea of aggro problems comes from. I am sorry I just don't see it.

tips I use

Stand at max melee
Watch hot ( if MT about to go down hold back a min )
Use current deaggro tools ( use them after big aggro chains )
use old school assist ( don't engage untill main tank has aggro )
don't assist on inc to prevent from getting ramp if ramp tank dies
have good knights / war that can pick up fast if MT dies ( back out and let them pick up don't stand there to get raped)
Load a heal ( keep your self full hp for that time you might get a ae / stray hit )

I am often one of the last in the raid to die so I am tired of the QQ about our aggro problems.  if you got aggro problem learn to control it stop asking for an easy button to do it for you

Blarp

Have good knights.. not somethign WE can personaly see to unless u oversee your sk and pallys of your guild.

i offten wait a few secs to start digging in, but a few nukes and 4 dots later(after 2-3) min fight we WILL gank agro our Hate per min is well move then any warrior i have sean. so even if a war blowss everything and is well ahead of us short term but long term we gank it. groups we gank it.

Grbage

Quote from: Mazame on April 03, 2010, 06:28:33 PM
I don't know where this idea of aggro problems comes from. I am sorry I just don't see it.

tips I use

Stand at max melee
Watch hot ( if MT about to go down hold back a min )
Use current deaggro tools ( use them after big aggro chains )
use old school assist ( don't engage untill main tank has aggro )
have good knights / war that can pick up fast if MT dies ( back out and let them pick up don't stand there to get raped)
Load a heal ( keep your self full hp for that time you might get a ae / stray hit )

I am often one of the last in the raid to die so I am tired of the QQ about our aggro problems.  if you got aggro problem learn to control it stop asking for an easy button to do it for you

Yeah, we can all watch our agro and be one of the last standing, that's not the point. The point is we are the only melee that has to gimp our dps to stay off of hott. The others can go all out from assist call and not gank agro by using their deagro abilities. That's the point.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Lathon

Quotetips I use

Stand at max melee
That is one option but not feasible everytime especially for the new conten ie: Beast raid. Standing at max melee for large mobs can put us out of reach to use our melee abilities like Foray and Feral swipe granted kick seems to land without fail.. win~

QuoteWatch hot ( if MT about to go down hold back a min )
You never really know when a tank is about to go down with DI's delay death aa's and last sec heal saves.. hard to base it off of an "about" to go down. The issue is when the tank DOES go down we can't get off enough de-aggro to not land in HoT.. depending on the situation.

QuoteUse current deaggro tools ( use them after big aggro chains )
Herein lies the problem (a few)
1. as of now we have 3 de-aggro spells and 1 aa of which we can only use 2 at any giiven time together (Roar & w/e spell you use)
2. Out of those 3 spells, all of them being on the same timer helps none and trying to land them in a raid setting isn't gonna happen so we are down to 1 clear de-aggro method.
3. Say the current raid mob lets you land those spells like SoD tower, then the issue you are up against is the refresh timer ... Clearly we are at a disadvantage with trying to bump off aggro and even more so now with high aggro spells such and Vitrik and Frozen Venom that actually adds a hate mod inthe spell itself.

Quoteuse old school assist ( don't engage untill main tank has aggro )
This is all raiding 101 and should be a given for any person in a raid or raid guild. It's not the starting point where the issue comes in for aggro, it's after longer fight times and trying to sustain a method of not getting aggro.

QuoteI am often one of the last in the raid to die so I am tired of the QQ about our aggro problems.  if you got aggro problem learn to control it stop asking for an easy button to do it for you

What are you raiding and how do you parse.. those would be my questions to that comment. Because as much as all of that is fine and dandy for tower on most occasions it can all be tossed out the window if you are parsing high or deliver extreme dmg in a short amount of time ie: all crit hit spells landing or what have you. We need a more effective means of clearing aggro that doesn't hit us in the dps dept.

Hamtarro

Raid aggro isn't really a problem for me unless one of our less than stellar tanks happens to be assigned to MT duty. My only real problem on raids is when the main tank goes down before another picks the boss up. At that point I am dead about 50% of the time before I can tell my group healer "heads up! I'm about to be tanking!"

I do have aggro problems, however, in the group game. I definitely have to throttle back there or I am just going to end up as the tank (unless one of the aforementioned MTs happens to be in my group).
Hamtarro Baconator
<Grey Horizon>
Tunare Server

Catnip_Inny

"Ok Ok calm down guys. We've been asking for FD to dump agro not as a pulling tool (though some want it for pulling). Think of it this way, it's a 60% chance of dumping agro back on the tank which is one heck of a lot better then what we've had in the past."

so in order to fix our aggro issue we need to lower our dps... hell i coulda told u that a LONG time ago... seriously though the list is pretty lame... FD could be fun and somewhat useful in certain situations.. hell i still try sneak pulling from time to time with ym vah shir...

really thought we were getting something solid with this patch but i shouldnt have got my hopes up lol... hopefully the outcry from our community will prompt a change but again not gonna get my hopes up...

SEE YOU GUYS IN GFAY ... sky diving contest off the spires anyone? :P