Main Menu

New AAs on Test!!!

Started by Hzath, April 01, 2010, 07:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tadenea

SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Razimir

I can't comment on other stuff, that I haven't tested yet but safe fall... Where in the hell that idea came from? Now that we have permanent levitation, that just seem to be very odd idea.

60% fail FD with 30s refresh? Cannot see many uses for that, I'd rather take 100% FD with 5 min CD than 60% with 30 sec CD.

-Raz

Sharrien

Quote from: Tadenea on April 05, 2010, 07:19:56 PM
You can post your AA bugs on this post so says the AA Dev Elidroth
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?start=180&topic_id=161436#2433949

I think that post is intended for bug reporting.  If it is working, even if we think the AA is junk, I don't think that's the place for it.  I sent feedback via PM to Elidroth about safe fall.

Then again, it is a thread that he reads, so maybe posting there would get your voice heard....I sure haven't seen anything back from the last 3-4 PMs I sent over the last month or two.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Nusa

I agree. Remember the realities of the development cycle. The patch is scheduled for April 14, less than 9 days away. The internal lockdown on changes for live, other than actual game-breakers, is going to be sooner than that -- probably only 3 or 4 days away. The lockdown on design changes for this patch, beyond minor tweaks, has almost certainly already happened. The dev focus right now is going to be solely on bug fixes and cleanup for the patch.

Just about the only major design change you might get from screaming for THIS patch would be for the feature to get pulled entirely...nothing else would have time to be QA'ed. I'd hate to see something with real potential, no matter how inadequate some of you think it is, get pulled from going live.

Brane

Gods I really hope part of these AA-listings were an elaborate April-Fools joke!  :roll:

Tadenea

nm
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Hzath

Quote from: Tadenea on February 16, 2010, 08:41:47 PM
Added to list 3/2 and sent in
1. Bear Hug = short range summon NPC to you and does small dmg, (to help with pet push)
2. Quickened Invisibility = Lower cast Time of Improved Invis AA
3. AA to add some skills such as Sneak, Hide, Safefall, Forage, Tracking
4. AA to lower Fizzle chance of spells not covered by Mastery of the Past

It seems it was on the list you sent in after the deadline.  Maybe they took that as a sign that we really really really wanted it?
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

nedoirah

I don't know if it's my bad luck but I was playing with our FD aa and it failed more than 1 out of 3 tries. I think it failed more like 67-87% of the time I played with it. Not something I want to bet my life on. Maybe another day/night of testing will reveal something else.

kharthai

Quote from: nedoirah on April 06, 2010, 01:13:23 AM
I don't know if it's my bad luck but I was playing with our FD aa and it failed more than 1 out of 3 tries. I think it failed more like 67-87% of the time I played with it. Not something I want to bet my life on. Maybe another day/night of testing will reveal something else.

Were you moving when you used it?  Or fighting caster mobs?  (can't seem to get on test to see :/ )

Brane

Quote from: kharthai on April 06, 2010, 02:12:12 AMWere you moving when you used it?  Or fighting caster mobs?  (can't seem to get on test to see :/ )

Being part monk BST FD should be based on Monk FD at least, meaning it is not a spell, so we should be able to use it in full run like a monk?

Zunar

Quote from: Razimir on April 05, 2010, 07:36:15 PM
I can't comment on other stuff, that I haven't tested yet but safe fall... Where in the hell that idea came from? Now that we have permanent levitation, that just seem to be very odd idea.

60% fail FD with 30s refresh? Cannot see many uses for that, I'd rather take 100% FD with 5 min CD than 60% with 30 sec CD.

-Raz

I'd rather get flurries, but yeah..
Knowing it'll fail ALOT of the time, it could atleast be insta used like monks have...
also add 10% chance for fade too all the better....That I could live with personally.

About safefall....meh /thumbs down

Umlat

Quote from: nedoirah on April 06, 2010, 01:13:23 AM

From my experience with tradeskilling, there is a noticeable deviation between calculated percentages and the actual percentages obtained when attempting things in game. According to the EQTraders calculator, 60%/40% success rate on FD is the same success rate a 300 Tradeskiller with a +15% trophy and all 3 Ranks of the appropriate Mastery will experience when attempting combines with a trivial of 502. Mind you, this involves small samples when any actual calculations have been done (ie 3 out of 10), but the overall "feel" I get from all the combines I have done through mastering 7 tradeskills with GM trophies and (insanely) a 283 research skill (100kpp for the last 3 skillups I got means INT casters have a SLIGHT advantage in this skill. I don't think my enchanter managed to spend 100kpp going from 0 to 300 and a GM trophy.) is that successful use of a skill is generally lower than what is predicted. Then again a) EQ RNG has always seemed quirky and, b) it's a well know fact that 43.9% +/- 0.4% of all statistics are useless 19 times out of 20 (including that one).

While nobody expects 100% certainty from FD, some more reliable and less prone to later failure from spell damage is needed. Fading/FD for pet now instead of later is needed as well and not just for FD purposes, since it is possible to flee mobs achieve Out of Combat status and still have mobs in pursuit of warder because of runspeed and pathing issues. Regardless, abandonment of our warder is not something most beastlords would contemplate, except under extreme circumstances. Temporary rear guard, to give a head start on running, since aggro will generally switch back once warder is backed off, occasionally. But almost never certain death. Better now than later, out of date abilities aren't going to be all that effective IMO and fixing it later with AAs instead of getting it right going in will end up taking the place of new AAs and causing us to fall further and further behind. Playing catch up on abilities is no doubt one of the reasons why we end up seeing very few new ones, since others will grab off the newly possible and cry "class defining" given the opportunity.

Safe Fall ... I am pretty sure I tried to make clear that it was something to be looked at as part of an overall "fix" that covered Hide/Sneak/Safe Fall/Tracking/Foraging - since they are inborn skills many animals have. Our mindset should reflect that of a predator, where success is the important factor, not some notion of honor, chivalry or fair play. Our approach to taking down our foes would then involve approaching undetected(sneak) or lying in wait(hide) or attacking from what's perceived to be an improbable direction(safe fall, ie dropping from above, or approaching over dangerous terrain). Tracking both gets you into position to do any of these and avoid being the victim of a predator higher up the food chain. Foraging is something done to find food (and carrion), building material for nests, etc. I think I also asked about some minor skill in safe fall at one point since it was possible to take "falling" damage running downstairs while levitating...which should have conveyed that it wasn't a life or death need, but something to toss in if they were at a loss as to what to do with a couple of remaining AA points while putting together our aa package for an expansion.  Somehow I doubt the Safe Fall AA improves our FD chance by letting us hit the ground looking dead by not yelling "Ouch! $%^&@# sharp rock!" :)

Sikkem

Quote from: Brane on April 06, 2010, 08:08:11 AM
Quote from: kharthai on April 06, 2010, 02:12:12 AMWere you moving when you used it?  Or fighting caster mobs?  (can't seem to get on test to see :/ )

Being part monk BST FD should be based on Monk FD at least, meaning it is not a spell, so we should be able to use it in full run like a monk?

this was posted as a bug on the eqlive forums so maybe it is instant cast

QuoteNew Beastlord FD AA(Unknown Name atm) is Insta Cast, but whenever clicking it while running makes it fail every time. Not sure if it's suppose to be this way.

It's either we fall to the ground or get a msg saying "You are no longer Feigning Death, Because you moved."

and apparently
QuoteImitate Death works the same way.  Stop moving when you use it and it works fine.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Sikkem

Quote from: Tadenea on April 02, 2010, 04:53:04 PM
That ranger spell rangers got in its current form its just a knockback with snare and a 10% chance to Memblur
(as a ranger I dont even know why we got that)

For those that think complaining at this stage achieves nothing.

This has just been changed to a Knockback with a real Root and 100% Memblur.

It has a 1 minute recast time but they also get AA's this round to shorten the recast time. That is one freaking awesome ability.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Tadenea

I did not even realize it was on the list I sent in (sorry for when I said it was not part of the list I sent in) was part of the add on. most suggestions I got from people I just copied and pasted onto the list

Even found where person suggested it http://beastlords.org/index.php?topic=8686.msg92135#msg92135
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server