Main Menu

New AAs on Test!!!

Started by Hzath, April 01, 2010, 07:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hzath

Elidroth wrote:

Drape of Shadows should fade the caster as well and it's 100%. Not sure where you get that it's a 'chance' at all.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=162683

Playing Possum is now named correctly on test.  The AA description is "Your attunement to the animal world allows you to play dead fooling many predators.  Be warned, this will not always fool the most determined aggressor."

On a positive note, my wizard is up to level 56 with 42 AAs.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Blarp

so now its a semi FD to what 1/3 the mobs in game WTF over

Camikazi

Quote from: Hzath on April 08, 2010, 07:50:45 PM
Elidroth wrote:

Drape of Shadows should fade the caster as well and it's 100%. Not sure where you get that it's a 'chance' at all.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=162683

Playing Possum is now named correctly on test.  The AA description is "Your attunement to the animal world allows you to play dead fooling many predators.  Be warned, this will not always fool the most determined aggressor."

On a positive note, my wizard is up to level 56 with 42 AAs.

Ha, we get stuck with this FD which can kill our pets and fails a good amount of the time which probably won't change cause it would be too powerful, yet Mages get a 100% guaranteed aggro drop for them AND pet that is 2 min 30 sec refresh timer.

kharthai

Heh, boggles the mind sometimes.

kharthai

Reply from Elidroth as to whether a 100% FD is possible, either by increasing reuse timer or just as a straight increase:

To:    kharthai
Date:    04/08/2010 15:36:03
Subject:    Re:Playing Possum AA

Nope. You're not getting a 100% FD right now.
Elidroth Renato
-----------------------------
Doug Cronkhite
Game Designer
Sony Online Entertainment, LLC

Camikazi

Quote from: kharthai on April 08, 2010, 11:16:29 PM
Reply from Elidroth as to whether a 100% FD is possible, either by increasing reuse timer or just as a straight increase:

Elidroth Renato
Doug Cronkhite
Game Designer

Figures, 100% aggro drop ability is fine for every class except for us. Wonder what kind of overpowered, gods of the game do these devs see us as that this ability can't be made useful for us?

Dragonfangs

Elidroth Renato
Doug Cronkhite
Game Designer

One of the classes that needs to be able to drop aggro the most and they give us something that fails more often then it works. Its not that surprising since most of our deaggro abilities are broken in some form or another for deaggro reasons.

I guess on longer fights 180+ where you can fire it around 6 times, as long as 2 of those work aggro shouldn't be a problem. Thats assuming they don't all fail. The percentage for the fail/sucess ratio should be looked at so that it does work atleast 50% of the time.

Having said that I am not sure if i would want it changed to be like the other classes 100%  chance aggro drop AA's. 15 minutes is a fairly long recast so its hard to say which is actually better.

Question becomes do they actually care enough about changing it or do they just want to say they tried and call it a day?

Lathon

Elidroth Renato
Doug Cronkhite
Game Designer

Why??  That is the only question i want answered. If Mages can get it 100% along with pets why can't we? Realistically, Mages sit back and fire off spells and can still outparse us minus their pet but can still have a stronger pet than BL.. pets rather. But, Here we are fighting alongside our pet and ask for a 100% fd for an "oh shit" moment ( personally i could care less if my pet lived or died cause i always have another sommoned) and can't even get that and we are melee fighting up on the mob where we make the most difference... WHY??!! Half tempted to post this on the EQ forum for him to asnwer it cause it's a full mouth full of BS in my eyes

Mazame

Elidroth Renato

Like he said in beta he wants to give lines that can be improved on down the road. FD is big for us to get and making it 100% probly could not get approved and would cause a lot of crap from other classes. yet slipping it in as a weaker version and getting it set then adding to and improving it down the road, i bet was what he was thinking. 

Hzath

nm, not worth it
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Camikazi

Quote from: Mazame on April 09, 2010, 06:42:46 AM
Elidroth Renato

Like he said in beta he wants to give lines that can be improved on down the road. FD is big for us to get and making it 100% probly could not get approved and would cause a lot of crap from other classes. yet slipping it in as a weaker version and getting it set then adding to and improving it down the road, i bet was what he was thinking. 

So we have to spend a lot of AAs, AND wait a lot of time to get something Mages got now in one shot, and ours STILL won't help save our pets... yea, that makes a lot of sense.

k9wazere

Roll on FFXIV. I can't be arsed to re-roll in EQ. Beast was/is my class, if they're going to keep screwing us there's no reason to play any other class.

k9wazere

To give a more useful response, consider this...

In the beginning, and for a long, long time afterwards, mage pets were expendable. "Chaining" pets was common. They didn't even zone with you. Same really with necro pets. A necro would FD without any thought for his expendable minion. Which fitted the class very well.

Along came Beastlords, and we were different. Our pets were our constant companions. They zoned with us, they fought alongside us, and we had the means to keep them alive very well. They were great tanks to boot.

Now the tables are totally reversed, which indicates to me a complete lack of direction or understanding of the class in general.

Now mages have pets which they can keep alive indefinitely with this new 100% fade for both pet and mage.

Meanwhile, our "constant companions" now need re-summoning every time the group gets an add and the tank is a bit slow at getting aggro. Ooops, dead warder.

And then we get given an ability which guarantees our warder dies if we get lucky and manage to save ourselves.

*What happened* to the class descriptions?

Please reconsider this. Allow me to save my warder, not sacrifice him.

Sharrien

Quote from: Dragonfangs on April 09, 2010, 01:37:20 AM

Elidroth Renato
Doug Cronkhite
Game Designer

One of the classes that needs to be able to drop aggro the most and they give us something that fails more often then it works. Its not that surprising since most of our deaggro abilities are broken in some form or another for deaggro reasons.

I guess on longer fights 180+ where you can fire it around 6 times, as long as 2 of those work aggro shouldn't be a problem. Thats assuming they don't all fail. The percentage for the fail/sucess ratio should be looked at so that it does work atleast 50% of the time.

Having said that I am not sure if i would want it changed to be like the other classes 100%  chance aggro drop AA's. 15 minutes is a fairly long recast so its hard to say which is actually better.

Question becomes do they actually care enough about changing it or do they just want to say they tried and call it a day?

I think we should stop trying to look at FD as a de-aggro tool.  How is FD (when it succeeds) much different from just backing out of melee range?  We're either laying on our backs not doing dps or we're out of range not doing any there either, but at least from out of melee range we can still cast Yowl, toss a heal, renew Dragonscale or whatever...anything besides just sitting there like a used rubber on the floor.  IF we want Possum to be primarily a de-aggro tool, it has to have some component to remove aggro besides just laying on the ground.  I am not at all in favor of a deaggro tool that makes us stop doing any dps for it to work.  Treating this as our big aggro-reducing tool will mean that we won't get anything better.

In my opinion Possum should be an escape and pulling ability.  If we're stuck with it, we should ask for AAs to improve it's effectiveness.  We should get access to all, or at least most of them that are now available to other classes all at once just like when we got the Gift of Mana series.

I really didn't want FD at all, would rather leave that for the monks, but since it's a done deal, I want to make sure that it is not considered our shiny new de-aggro tool for use during combat.  Pass to close to see-invis and need to escape or FD during a gorup wipe, yes.  Flop over and over during a fight and lose dps because the tank can't keep aggro?  No way, I can just click off haste and mem one less nuke and get the same aggro reduction.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre