Main Menu

New AAs on Test!!!

Started by Hzath, April 01, 2010, 07:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bumkus

Quote from: nedoirah on April 10, 2010, 03:56:14 PM
I looked around and didn't find the alt activate # for playing possum. I checked it on Test and it's 11073.

I've done a bunch more clicks on playing possum.

out of 100 clicks
41 failures
59 successes

This includes the numbers from my previous post.

he bumped success rate from 60% to 80%.  apparently the change had not filtered through by time you did your testing

Inphared

I looked around and didn't find the alt activate # for playing possum. I checked it on Test and it's 11073.

out of 100 clicks
41 failures
59 successes

Oddly enough, the 60% success rate is reflected amazingly well in that test. At least it works properly and isn't broken.

Nusa

When Eldroth says he changed something, it doesn't necessarily mean it's on test yet. He mentions that fact occasionally, but usually doesn't.

k9wazere

Well, it's a start, I guess.

I'm still not buying UF atm :p Every time I hear someone talk about the group game on the SOE forums it's been to say, "been camping this item for 16 hours solid and not seen a named yet"...

Personally, I liked SoD. Even tho it wasn't the best xpac for bsts, ever, you could get things done in a reasonable amount of time. What I consider reasonable, anyhow.

So... if the next xpac has some decent Bst loving, and isn't based on the idea that 1 item = 72 hours camping, there might be something to look forward to.

I guess that's stlightly OT, tho :p

nedoirah

Quote from: Bumkus on April 10, 2010, 04:58:46 PM

out of 100 clicks
41 failures
59 successes

he bumped success rate from 60% to 80%.  apparently the change had not filtered through by time you did your testing

Actually that was done after the change was supposed to have been made. So I don't know now.

Sikkem

Quote from: nedoirah on April 10, 2010, 09:40:23 PM
Quote from: Bumkus on April 10, 2010, 04:58:46 PM

out of 100 clicks
41 failures
59 successes

he bumped success rate from 60% to 80%.  apparently the change had not filtered through by time you did your testing

Actually that was done after the change was supposed to have been made. So I don't know now.

There seems to be a bit of confusion with their terminology. When they say the changes have been made what they mean is that the changes have been made but are not on test yet. Apparently even when they say the changes are on test it doesn't actually mean they are on the test server, just that they are ready to go onto the test server.

They posted about it in the mage thread I think because they kept saying those changes where on test and the mages where saying they were not.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

bobokatt1970

The increase to 80% is great news.  The thought of having to fall out of combat and lose DPS is not.  Thus far I have done rather well, when I do grab agro in a raid situation, by using Roar and Bite.  The combination of those 2 still provides us with continuous DPS, due to the damage portion, whist reducing hate.  For most circumstances, it a great combo and works. I am actually looking forward MORE to Chameleon Strike than this FD.  It would be nice to just have one really that works as well rather then 3 spread out, but I'll take it.

I might be completely off, but how long does the FD take to cast, how long do you need to stay down? If this is a quick down/quick up, I guess not so bad and them my concerns are unfounded. I would hate to have to use this while EF and Glymp are running or BA etc., however some DPS is better than a dead BST and no DPS.

Sikkem

Quote from: bobokatt1970 on April 11, 2010, 12:54:41 PM
I might be completely off, but how long does the FD take to cast, how long do you need to stay down? If this is a quick down/quick up, I guess not so bad and them my concerns are unfounded. I would hate to have to use this while EF and Glymp are running or BA etc., however some DPS is better than a dead BST and no DPS.

Possum is basically an instant cast (but cant be cast on the run). If your using it just to lower yourself on the aggro list then up and down is all you need. To completely remove yourself from the aggro list is up to 2 mins from memory.

kharthai

Quote from: Sikkem on April 11, 2010, 01:38:27 PM
To completely remove yourself from the aggro list is up to 2 mins from memory.

Changed it awhile back, assuming it works like normal FD, it'll be 1 minute now.

bradam

out of 100 clicks
41 failures
59 successes

out of 100 clicks
41 failures
59 successes

How many mobs did you have on you?  I got 12 success out of 20 on a single guard mob at pofire tables,  but with 3 guards chasing me i got 3 success's out of 20 tries.   I made a big ole train for fun to try 10+ mobs but somehow managed to agro that big fabled spider raid mob and had 0 of 8-9 triese before i gave up and slugged a gate potion.

Sikkem

Quote from: bradam on April 11, 2010, 06:01:24 PM
How many mobs did you have on you?  I got 12 success out of 20 on a single guard mob at pofire tables,  but with 3 guards chasing me i got 3 success's out of 20 tries.   I made a big ole train for fun to try 10+ mobs but somehow managed to agro that big fabled spider raid mob and had 0 of 8-9 triese before i gave up and slugged a gate potion.
Sounds like the Devs have found a nice workaround for it to be used reasonably as a de aggro tool but very unreliable as a pulling tool.

Thanks for that Kharthai, I am not long back from a decent break. I find the new window that came in with UF really handy for splitting.  8-)

nedoirah

Quote from: nedoirah on April 10, 2010, 02:52:53 PM

All my tests thus far are at the zone in in FoS standing still not in combat w/ a scaled wolf con immediately after clicking the ability.

How many mobs did you have on you?  I got 12 success out of 20 on a single guard mob at pofire tables,  but with 3 guards chasing me i got 3 success's out of 20 tries.   I made a big ole train for fun to try 10+ mobs but somehow managed to agro that big fabled spider raid mob and had 0 of 8-9 triese before i gave up and slugged a gate potion.

None. I was doing a standard click and check success test. I was trying to figure out what the base success/fail rate was. I also stated in a post previously that I was going to do in combat testing later and post back.

k9wazere

Quote from: Sikkem on April 11, 2010, 09:16:44 PM
Sounds like the Devs have found a nice workaround for it to be used reasonably as a de aggro tool but very unreliable as a pulling tool.

In that case we're now the only DPS class without a *working* escape mechanism, aren't we?

Let's not forget, people, mages just got FADE. 100% chance of dropping all aggro, ALWAYS WORKS, they have instant cast invis to go with it. Oh and it hits their PET TOO.

And if we accept an ability that doesn't work when mobs hate you, can been "seen through" by some mobs anyway... haha. Ahahahaha. You guys, seriously. Seriously, you guys. You going to take this and keep smiling?

Why haven't we all re-rolled as mages yet?

Nusa

Troll much?  You conveniently fail to mention the little fact mages will have to wait 7.5 minutes between uses.

In any case, reeking of class jealousy and spouting sarcasm is a rather bad way to approach the devs. But you're right, if you want to be a mage, be a mage.

k9wazere

Yeah, I'd rather have a guaranteed success every 7.5 minutes, thanks. By the time the tank has got his end back, been rebuffed, etc, you only have a couple minutes to wait before the fade is available again.

What good is a 30 sec FD, if, as the poster above me said, it failed 8 times in a row in PoF, with 3 mobs on him?

I'll take the fade, thanks.

Sure, I'm a troll, because when a weak class gets a weak ability, and a strong class gets a great ability, something seems wrong.

[edit: I should also add that other classes have succeeded in their agendas largely through being vocal and complaining a lot. By all means use the "stop whining" argument, and see how much attention we get.]

[2nd edit: there wouldn't *be* class jealously if things weren't so far out of whack. As a group player/non-raider, you want to see the disparity between mages and bsts. night and day.]