Main Menu

Fabled

Started by bladepaw, March 24, 2010, 06:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bladepaw

As Fabled is going on now I am thinking that the BL weapon is just not worth getting.  For 1 you get a reduction in DPS as I wait for a proc to get pets then even if I do proc pets there is no garentee that the max number of pets would proc.  What do you all think?

Mazame

if you have tower or better weapon then no but if u have anything less  they are worth getting.

Nusa

It was a lot more valuable a year ago, but it's so trivial to get, why not grab one while you can? They dropped a lot, and rotted a lot last year. I'm sure it's the same this year, except people aren't bothering to advertise the rots. Then you can decide for yourself how useful it is. It's a fun toy, even if you don't end up using it for anything serious.

Grbage

Last year it was parsed as doing hefty dps due to those pet procs with our pet aa's working on them. So as Mazame said you basically needed tower weapons to replace it.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Catnip_Inny

if your ina  raiding guild they can be very useful every now and then for certain fights, the tower fight where melee doesnt work on one of the mobs is a good expample... swarm pets are a big help there so id say get it and keep it bagged if u dont like it it may be useful down the road...

plus its kinda fun to mess around with.

Hzath

Quote from: Catnip_Inny on March 24, 2010, 04:34:28 PM
if your ina  raiding guild they can be very useful every now and then for certain fights, the tower fight where melee doesnt work on one of the mobs is a good expample... swarm pets are a big help there so id say get it and keep it bagged if u dont like it it may be useful down the road...

plus its kinda fun to mess around with.

This.  Even if you have tower+ weapons I'll be very surprised if there is never a time when having one would be beneficial.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

gregais

I used my pet weapon last night ! :-D

Old Keg

How long are fabled mobs up?

And what zone is the pet weapon from?  I'm 64, and wondering if I could go in and grab it for later if it's still rotting when I get back from spring break.

And for the ignorant-what item are we talking about, anyway? :P

Nusa

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=83197

Those mobs are found in the first field (between the zonein and the wall) of Plane of Fire. You'd need help at 64. Most of you at 85 can solo it with a merc. The well-geared could solo it without a merc.

Sikkem

I got mine this year, more for the fact that I missed out on the original ones in PoP days and then missed fabled for one reason or another or they where to camped for me to bother with.

They are a fun weapon for me, but I still use that stupid dog clickie for fun also. I was surprised when I parsed them though, from memory it was about a 100dps increase on just auto attack over about a 3 hour period (self buffed) over the boomerang weapon.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox