Main Menu

Proposed changes to new AAs on test (that's right, already)

Started by Hzath, April 02, 2010, 06:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razimir

Talked to one of the class reps and he said that, they gave us FD and option to get upgrades for it later. I'm ok with that if it will be usefull one day.

-Raz

Razimir

Quote from: Hzath on April 02, 2010, 08:11:49 PM
No it doesn't share a recast with anything.  That's why it's frustrating.  If these AAs go live we now have 4 ways to reduce hate.  We don't need 4 ways to reduce hate, just like we don't need 6 pet heals.  We need 1 or 2 good abilities, we have to stand up and fix this problem while it's still in testing phase, we don't need

It is a bit different isuue with pet heal. Atleast these deaggro skills stacks and can be bound in one hotkey. It doesn't bother me much.

-Raz

Hzath

Quote from: Razimir on April 07, 2010, 09:36:02 AM
Talked to one of the class reps and he said that, they gave us FD and option to get upgrades for it later. I'm ok with that if it will be usefull one day.

-Raz

Well there's the nail in the coffin on ever being useful in a raid.  Time to start work on Hzath2.0 I suppose.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Sikkem

Quote from: Hzath on April 07, 2010, 11:43:32 AM
Well there's the nail in the coffin on ever being useful in a raid.  Time to start work on Hzath2.0 I suppose.

Level 55 and 30 AA's but my guild wont let me look at changing classes till september so I have a fair bit of time to prepare.  :|

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Umlat

-Raz

So we can have an antiquated ability now and get upgrades for it later. No doubt the upgrades will be ridiculously expensive and slow enough that the ability will always be way behind the curve in useability vs other classes' comparative abilities, assuring our 2nd and 3rd rate status at best across the board and guaranteed to take up enough AA space that our pets will stagnate until the shaman/sk/ench pets are superior. our overall dps will begin to slip below tanking classes in even sustained fights in part because by the time you remove the pet heals from our spell list, most melee classes will have more on their spell/disc list than we do. Favoritism and Bias are clearly becoming the core of EQ design.

Anbody know if they have "White Robe & Hood" Fridays at SOE?

Grbage

Quote from: Sikkem on April 07, 2010, 01:27:23 PM
Quote from: Hzath on April 07, 2010, 11:43:32 AM

Level 55 and 30 AA's but my guild wont let me look at changing classes till september so I have a fair bit of time to prepare.  :|

I'm a bit ahead of the curve there, the other toon is 85 with 2kaa.

As for getting aa's fixed in beta....good luck. I gave up participating in betas because they listen to bst there just as well as they do here.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Awakening

Spells during beta wasnt so hot, besides we got a frozen venom  nuke sorta liek rangers, which we did request, um,

AA Wise Elidroth did a good job, I liked alot of what we got, soem good changes were made, and the IRC chat was a step int he right direction Via Dev and the players.

Sikkem

Quote from: Grbage on April 07, 2010, 02:09:19 PM
As for getting aa's fixed in beta....good luck. I gave up participating in betas because they listen to bst there just as well as they do here.

Yeah I gave up when any feedback we gave had to be given on the mage forum or he wouldn't even bother reading it.

Well that and the fact that he told us our spells where finished when we had none in game.  :roll:

Sikkem

-Raz

See Catlike Reflexes is an upgrade AA for when Possum fails. Thus Possum needs to fail alot for CR to be made worth getting.  :lol:

Lathon

Quote from: Sikkem on April 07, 2010, 10:19:29 PM

-Raz

See Catlike Reflexes is an upgrade AA for when Possum fails. Thus Possum needs to fail alot for CR to be made worth getting.  :lol:

I can almost see the joke in this and to me it is still a horrid AA. However, the only upside i can see to this line of AA's is if falling to the ground and you are not a Vah Shir with inate safe fall you can basically hit the ground without dmg, whether hitting the ground and taking dmg negates the FD effect i dunno but tht is the only real reason i can see a use for this AA if our new FD AA is worth a damn prior to live release.