Main Menu

New 17th Xpack AA's And SPELLS( ALL READY STARTED SoE realsed info)

Started by Blarp, April 07, 2010, 07:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karve

Its time we got the Overpowered status everyone else has been labelling us with.
Make them all cry!

I want my beastlord back.

I want fluffy to tank like an Earth pet, DPS like an air pet and be healed by me as if I was a clareic giving him a CH.
I want to fight as well as a monk, take damage like a monk and cast spells like a Shaman.

The login screen says I can do this, I want what I'm paying for, what I started with and what I expect to maintain.

Professional Mad Bastard.

k9wazere

Quote from: Skiendubh on June 03, 2010, 09:46:52 PM
Quote from: Grbage on June 03, 2010, 06:58:38 PM

Raiders want personal dps due to the loss of dps from losing their pet during an encounter. Groupers don't lose a pet nearly as often and don't mind the dps tied to their pet. Soloers would love to have more pet dps as the mobs hit points will actually move when they are not actively meleeing. Anyway gross generalization but basically true.

Mostly sound logic Grbage in answering k9wazere , but without a bucket (read industrial skip) load of pet AAs fluffy is poor DPS no matter what.

At the end of the day A level 85 beastie like myself, neither die hard nor casual and nowhere near max AA count, wearing what I consider to be decent gear for how I play. I want personal DPS in all tiers of the game, my surviveability outstrips fluffy by a long mile. Too many of our abilities are tied to our beloved but fragile warder already, why on earth add more?

We're all resigned to the basically inevitable future then, where our pet continues to be as fragile as a glass greenhouse in an earthquake...

I know I shouldn't, but I can't help blaming mages. Their unrelenting view that every mage pet should be superior in all ways to every warder really holds us back.

Sikkem

Quote from: k9wazere on June 04, 2010, 04:35:32 PM

I know I shouldn't, but I can't help blaming mages. Their unrelenting view that every mage pet should be superior in all ways to every warder really holds us back.

Damn straight you should blame certain mages and Prathun for giving in to them at every turn.

The way things are going the warder would be better of as an indestructible familiar.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

nedoirah

Quote from: Sikkem on June 04, 2010, 09:09:06 PM

Damn straight you should blame certain mages and Prathun for giving in to them at every turn.

The way things are going the warder would be better of as an indestructible familiar.

Somoene once called my pet a living dot. Sad but now it really rings true.

Kakan

Quote from: nedoirah on June 04, 2010, 10:56:55 PM
Quote from: Sikkem on June 04, 2010, 09:09:06 PM

Somoene once called my pet a living dot. Sad but now it really rings true.

Whats really sad is that out warder doesn't even crit hit for how much we can crit dot with our poison nukes.  It's a pathetic living dot for it actually being just that.

Hamtarro

Melée buffs help everybody.

Spell buffs help everybody.

Pet buffs help groupers, and don't scale for raiders in any relevant capacity.

I'm not trying to say raiders are more important than groupers, but I think Eldiroth hit the nail on the head with his "fix the raiding side without totally imbalancing the grouping side" bit. I feel like we're fine DPS in groups, but our utility could use a nice buff. I keep up with tower geared monks just fine although I haven't been in a non-raid group with a bard for a while.
Hamtarro Baconator
<Grey Horizon>
Tunare Server

Sharrien

It's probably about time we consolidate our AA and spell lists, somehow vote on them and rank our top suggestions so we can give a good list to the devs.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Khauruk

Quote from: Sharrien on June 08, 2010, 01:26:10 PM
It's probably about time we consolidate our AA and spell lists, somehow vote on them and rank our top suggestions so we can give a good list to the devs.

See my comment in the other thread.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Grandma

I would love a pet finishing move AA

Works similar to ranger headshot... pet essentially has the chance to tear weak mobs, that are so many levels below you, limb from limb.  Heh heh would even be cooler if there was a pounce and chomping animation involved too :D

Agree with alot of the posts though... pet needs much love.

Grbage

Quote from: Grandma on June 14, 2010, 08:04:35 PM
I would love a pet finishing move AA

Works similar to ranger headshot... pet essentially has the chance to tear weak mobs, that are so many levels below you, limb from limb.  Heh heh would even be cooler if there was a pounce and chomping animation involved too :D

Agree with alot of the posts though... pet needs much love.

Ehh, not a good one to mention. Farming light blues is not where we need help and someone just might take this suggestion, implement it and say we are fixed!
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

bradam

Did anyone push up a list of AA's we want/hope to get for HoT?  I can't seem to find a solid list posted anywhere   :oops:

Hoping some fixes for Possum were on it...  Starting to feel like it has a 85% fail rate to me heh

Karve

Think we've all been a bit preoccupied with everything thats broken rather than worrying about what new toys to ask for.

Although for new stuff, I'd like to see fluffy play "dead" when I'm playing possum too.

I'm also still trying to get all the aa's from the last 6 expansions so I'd be happy if they didn't give us too many more atm, and just fixed stuff in general :)

Professional Mad Bastard.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Karve on June 22, 2010, 08:12:33 AM
Think we've all been a bit preoccupied with everything thats broken rather than worrying about what new toys to ask for.

Although for new stuff, I'd like to see fluffy play "dead" when I'm playing possum too.

I'm also still trying to get all the aa's from the last 6 expansions so I'd be happy if they didn't give us too many more atm, and just fixed stuff in general :)

Its important to get new AA's as well as extend previouse AA lines. I don't know how long we have been asking for FD before we got it but we finally got it. But like most of our AA's we got a watered down version while it seems everyone else got something ALOT better in an agro dumping ability. But thats the way the cookie crumbles for us lately. But I will be happy we got it. We also got fixed invis not too long ago and they said we would never get that either. The AA guy has been pretty nice to us unlike others on the development team so we need to keep treating him well. It would be nice if they fixed some AA lines so that it would increase our desirability in group/raid play like eveyone has stated though. (Actually come to think about it, we got ALOT of the AA's we requested in Underfoot  :-D)

-Tatse of Blood- Would be nice if they just made it an activated ability (or increased the time of the recourse like everyone has stated).
-Third Spire- Needs ALOT fixed so that we are desirable in raids for this ability
-FPoS- Finally got FPoS (after many requests) only to have HP/Mana inflation make it useless like PoS. It needs a huge boost to counter HP/Mana inflation on gear. Still semi-decent in the group game but even I am noticing the diminished returns as a BST in very sub-par gear at 81.

As far as new AA lines I will leave it up to the Raiders to pick those. But seems we need AA's to boost DPS for the entire group like what our parent class does and stacks with everything else that may be going on during the raid!

Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

kharthai

Quote from: AbyssalMage on June 22, 2010, 09:50:20 AM

-Tatse of Blood- Would be nice if they just made it an activated ability (or increased the time of the recourse like everyone has stated).

It is activated, so I'm guessing you meant passive.  In any case, it still has stacking issues with Empathic Fury (mentioned this a couple times in beta to no avail), that can cause you to waste your disc if you use it while Blood Frenzy is running.  Until that's fixed, I would not want it to be a passive thing.

bradam

Main reason I ask is most classes have one already, like if you look at the chanter boards for example

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=163244

And they did the same thing with thier spells.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=163756

Seemed a good idea to me.  They run a pretty nice organized, easy to read setup there.   Figure that's gotta be easier on the dev's then tryin to read 10 diff posts and sorting through the many pages of them all.

Just tryin to make sure we get some much needed attention next expansion    8-)