Main Menu

New 17th Xpack AA's And SPELLS( ALL READY STARTED SoE realsed info)

Started by Blarp, April 07, 2010, 07:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bumkus

You guys need to have an End-game bst AA thread.  No posts allowed unless you are farming tower or beyond.  (This would exclude me.  Not to Tower yet here.)

I say this because Solo bst have gotten decent tools in FD and stronger warders and because group and mid-tier raiders seem competitive in DPS.  Also Paragon is still respectable in mid-tier raiding game.

It's only the end-gamers that are being asked to sit on the sidelines.

If end-game bst don't get fixed then we are all running down a dead end.

Mazame

Quote from: Bumkus on April 23, 2010, 01:34:10 PM
You guys need to have an End-game bst AA thread.  No posts allowed unless you are farming tower or beyond.  (This would exclude me.  Not to Tower yet here.)

I say this because Solo bst have gotten decent tools in FD and stronger warders and because group and mid-tier raiders seem competitive in DPS.  Also Paragon is still respectable in mid-tier raiding game.

It's only the end-gamers that are being asked to sit on the sidelines.

If end-game bst don't get fixed then we are all running down a dead end.

Conviction is looking for a few more bst. http://www.convictioneq.net/

Were farming Beast/Tower/Fippy and are close to beating the Bugs.  if what your saying about high end bst having a problem then maybe it time to find a guild that uses them. I am never in wait because they love  bst in the raid and a few more people with good RA would be welcomed as well.

if some guild don't use bst it dosn't mean they not good to the team it just means those guild have not seen a good bst that makes them notice the class and see the true value of it.

Zunar

New AA idea..
warder's resurrection, to bring back our warder without losing worn items it was wearing before it died.

Mazame

Quote from: Zunar on April 23, 2010, 10:53:15 PM
New AA idea..
warder's resurrection, to bring back our warder without losing worn items it was wearing before it died.

would this work even if we die ? 1/2 the time my warder dies is because I died as well. I would rather have a spell to let us summon gear for our warder then  a res for him

k9wazere

Quote from: Bumkus on April 23, 2010, 01:34:10 PM
...[bst] group and mid-tier raiders seem competitive in DPS.

Don't have UF. But during SoD, my group bst DPS was pretty low compared to any caster, and not great against other melee unless I was better geared.

I could out-DPS the slack mage who was just sending pet and casting a couple spells. But when he brought his A-game, and I brought mine, he totally destroyed me.

Did UF do wonders for group bst DPS then?

Zunar

How about an ability that lets our warder take 5% melee damage for whomever is tanking the mob it's fighting (ToTT).
I could see us using the HoT heal on the pet and help with tanking in a very small way.
It'd be helpful soloing too, since ToTT would make it defend ourselves too.
All in all I think the list is pretty good so far....but never hurts to toss out more ideas imo

Bumkus

Quote from: k9wazere on April 24, 2010, 11:26:40 PM
Did UF do wonders for group bst DPS then?

UF gave us Frozen Venom.  It's a combo Frost/Poison Nuke on a 6 sec recast.  It does 60% of the damage of our highest Bite spell + 60% the damage of our highest Frost nuke for 50% the mana of each.  The downside is it has extra hate attached to it.  The extra hate is managable with new chameleon strike de-aggro AA.

With Frozen Venom, I can burn through all my mana (30K pool) in 3-5 minutes on a raid Burn depending on how efficiently I cast DoTs.  Without Frozen Venom, I can't imagine ending any fight with less than 1/2 a mana bar.

This makes us competitive in 3-5 minute fights, but we still lack any true 30 sec to 2 minute burn potential.

For example, I will do 4.5-5K dps over 3 minutes on say Rottrued the Twisted or Queen Mattriarch.  This is without shaman or bard support.  Last night on 30 sec fight against Karl in Anniversary group task, I did 4.5K dps.  Thats with being under Bestial Allignment the whole fight and hitting every button I have.

So yes, UF did help our DPS overall, but we are still missing a big boom 4K mana type spell to fix us on short burns.

Sorry for the Derail.  I know this is supposed to be an AA thread.

Hzath

To nitpick the recast is 4.5 seconds.  Frozen Venom and Haergen's Feralgia were both HUGE for grouping situations because they're just combinations of spells that we actively used combined into a more efficient package (mana wise).  Frozen venom can burn through mana, but in long grouping sessions or raid events you're better off giving up old nukes/dots for just frozen venom because it has the efficiency advantage.    

Edit: I also want to say that I would like a killshot AA, like arcane overkill / hunter's fury / killing spree.  Yes, I know we have taste of blood.  That doesn't count.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Tadenea

BTW I been letting you guys handle your own lists for now since you guys are doing it for most part. Please make sure you get up to date list of new AA's and spells on what should be upgraded or not, and how it should be upgraded
Also try and be creative on possible new Spell Idea's also

Busy at work so have not been doing much
Last year I was trying to do Beastlord/Monk/Rng AAs and Spells (atm I only been doing Ranger Spells)

Also been hoping new CL would have been annouced by now

ATM there is no Deadline for these new Idea's
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Zunar

I kind of liked the linked heal idea....maybe upgrade the regular pet heal to include a recourse onto ourselves, so when both us and warder need a heal we won't need to do it separatly using 2 spells, which takes alot more time, but instead use one spell.
With that we can heal twice faster, and maybe it'd be worth something...for soloing that means we could also demem one heal completly, and use something else in it's place.

Either that or make the HoT pet heal Hot ourselves too...I could see it being useful in some cases.

I just think we're slow healers atm when we need to heal self + warder...we're stuck choosing which one, and the other suffers for it.

Sharrien

New spell idea: Friendly Beast (just kidding on the name) - Buff that gives us a melee proc that heals the target's target.  Pretty much like Friendly Pet is supposed to be.  Would be good for raiding, grouping and soloing.

Ferocity - Keep the attack buff in slot 7.  Instead of a STA buff in slot 5, make it +10 heroic STR.  Resists have little effect since anyone lvl 90 is going to be maxed anyway, so instead put +10 heroic AGI in slot 8.  Would be great if this time around we could get a group version of this spell.  Either that or vastly shorten the recast timer.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Khauruk

Quote from: Sharrien on April 28, 2010, 01:27:47 PMFerocity - Keep the attack buff in slot 7.  Instead of a STA buff in slot 5, make it +10 heroic STR.  Resists have little effect since anyone lvl 90 is going to be maxed anyway, so instead put +10 heroic AGI in slot 8.  Would be great if this time around we could get a group version of this spell.  Either that or vastly shorten the recast timer.

How much damage would 10hSTR add per swing?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Grbage

Quote from: Khauruk on April 28, 2010, 11:20:30 PM

How much damage would 10hSTR add per swing?
[/quote]

Would have to dig around on TSW to make sure I'm remembering right but Hstr works in units of 25. So if 10Hstr breaks a 25 segment it would add 1 dmg if it doesn't then it would do nothing.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

kharthai

I'd like a short duration (2-3 minutes) group ferocity with +atk, a small HoT, and a damage proc- ferocious strike, similar proc rate/damage to lynx.

We should make a separate thread for spells, and keep one for AA, though.

Hzath

If we can't get the Yowl line casting time reduced to .5 seconds (which I really hope that we do) I'd like to see an activated AA "One with the Swarm" or something that will last 60-90 seconds and both lowers the yowl cast time to instant and lowers the recast time by 6-12 seconds.  The more the better on the numbers obviously, but we're already questioning if this spell is worth casting when discing and if we could get the cast time taken away it removes the question.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.