Main Menu

New 17th Xpack AA's And SPELLS( ALL READY STARTED SoE realsed info)

Started by Blarp, April 07, 2010, 07:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunar

Another spell idea.. (topic says "new 17th Xpack AA's And SPELLS) doesn't it?

Combine our poison and disease dots into one spell like Frozen Venom is.
maybe call it Festering Venom and make dots last 30 seconds and bump up the damage on them imo.

kharthai

Quote from: Zunar on April 29, 2010, 02:54:17 PM
Another spell idea.. (topic says "new 17th Xpack AA's And SPELLS) doesn't it?

It does, and I guess depending on who does anything with the post it may not matter.  But Elidroth doesn't care about spell/disc stuff, and I'm guessing Aristo/whoever doesn't care about AA stuff, giving them a thread we can point to that isn't cluttered with everything might be a good idea.

Bumkus

Quote from: Hzath on April 29, 2010, 02:03:48 PM
If we can't get the Yowl line casting time reduced to .5 seconds (which I really hope that we do) I'd like to see an activated AA "One with the Swarm" or something that will last 60-90 seconds and both lowers the yowl cast time to instant and lowers the recast time by 6-12 seconds.  The more the better on the numbers obviously, but we're already questioning if this spell is worth casting when discing and if we could get the cast time taken away it removes the question.

You're right about Yowl.  It basically costs us a full round of combat.  And how many rounds do we have under a 30 second disc.  Maybe 18?  This like a 5% loss of melee dps during disc.  

We do need signifigant extension and hastened recast for our swarm line, but not another activatable ability please.  I'm already overflowing 4 banks of hotkeys.

I think Mage got hastened recast on SoD chest for their high mana RS, while we got reduced mana on our lower mana Yowl.  I guess they got to pick first, because otherwise that makes no sense.  They can have 2 RS up all the time for as long as mana holds out.  We are getting maybe 3 seconds of overlap period and that is with max extended swarm AAs.

We need to get Swarm Extensions big time to get us though our short discs.

It's so frustrating, no matter how I thrash buttons, I seem to end up within 10% of of the same DPS.  

It's getting to where I plan out DoTs to cast during disc, because they cost the least amount of swing dps.

Camikazi

Quote from: Bumkus on April 29, 2010, 11:05:44 PM
If we can't get the Yowl line casting time reduced to .5 seconds (which I really hope that we do) I'd like to see an activated AA "One with the Swarm" or something that will last 60-90 seconds and both lowers the yowl cast time to instant and lowers the recast time by 6-12 seconds.  The more the better on the numbers obviously, but we're already questioning if this spell is worth casting when discing and if we could get the cast time taken away it removes the question.

I think Mage got hastened recast on SoD chest for their high mana RS, while we got reduced mana on our lower mana Yowl.  I guess they got to pick first, because otherwise that makes no sense.  They can have 2 RS up all the time for as long as mana holds out.  We are getting maybe 3 seconds of overlap period and that is with max extended swarm AAs.

They got extended duration for Servant on SoD and UF BPs and extra Extended Swarm AAs for Servant line in UF. BPs are 1 sec for Group (SoD and UF), 2 sec for T4 Raid BP and 3 sec for T4.5 and UF raid BPs. Think the AA adds an extra second per rank.

kharthai

Quote from: Camikazi on April 29, 2010, 11:21:46 PM
Quote from: Bumkus on April 29, 2010, 11:05:44 PM

They got extended duration for Servant on SoD and UF BPs and extra Extended Swarm AAs for Servant line in UF. BPs are 1 sec for Group (SoD and UF), 2 sec for T4 Raid BP and 3 sec for T4.5 and UF raid BPs. Think the AA adds an extra second per rank.

Extended Rumbling Servant has one rank and extends the (gargoyle) pets by 6 seconds.

Hzath

The reason I personally don't like extended is that it makes the yowl DoT (what it is, basically) longer and longer.  The longer it lasts the more content I don't get the full effect of it in, personally I'd rather it stay very short and very powerful.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Grbage

Lets push for an end to activatable aa's. Between spell, aa's and disc mashing we spend a heck of a lot of time mashing buttons.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Khauruk

Quote from: Grbage on April 30, 2010, 12:03:02 AM
Lets push for an end to activatable aa's. Between spell, aa's and disc mashing we spend a heck of a lot of time mashing buttons.

No crap.  We have more clicks than a bard, pretty much.  At least they can weave just 4 songs...I have 8 dps spells I'm always cycling on raid mobs (oy).

Though, w/ FD now, I can probably drop the two ice nukes from my spellset, and replace w/ DoTs.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zunar

Instead of ending activatable AAs, how about upgrading the ones we have to replace them? :)
What about a passive AA that makes Yowl/Haergen's always spawn 4 pets during Bestial Alignment AA buff and during group bestial alignment too.
Just an idea...passive AA, nothing new to click.

Bumkus

Quote from: Hzath on April 29, 2010, 11:32:31 PM
The reason I personally don't like extended is that it makes the yowl DoT (what it is, basically) longer and longer.  The longer it lasts the more content I don't get the full effect of it in, personally I'd rather it stay very short and very powerful.
I already stopped using Yowl on raid clears.  It is still very useful soloing, when you can be constantly yanking light blues across the room to give the Yowl pet something to attack.  It is also still useful on raid burns and longer fights.

I guess is falls into a middle ground in group fights, but I just don't see them ever boosting Yowl pets up to be signifigant DPS in the 5-10 second range.  There will always come a time when you are better off not casting Yowl, unless they make it insta-cast.  I am really starting to like the idea to reduce cast time on Yowl.  Taking it down even to 0.5 sec like our nukes would go a long way towards making it useful on short fights.

Camikazi

Quote from: Bumkus on April 30, 2010, 02:32:23 PM
Quote from: Hzath on April 29, 2010, 11:32:31 PM
I already stopped using Yowl on raid clears.  It is still very useful soloing, when you can be constantly yanking light blues across the room to give the Yowl pet something to attack.  It is also still useful on raid burns and longer fights.

I guess is falls into a middle ground in group fights, but I just don't see them ever boosting Yowl pets up to be signifigant DPS in the 5-10 second range.  There will always come a time when you are better off not casting Yowl, unless they make it insta-cast.  I am really starting to like the idea to reduce cast time on Yowl.  Taking it down even to 0.5 sec like our nukes would go a long way towards making it useful on short fights.

Hope they do lower timer on it, the loss of DPS casting nukes was the reason they did the whole .5 sec cast time for them in the first place, if Yowl is getting to that level it should happen.

Martosh

somekind of a root's since we are hybrid shaman but not a proc from the pet a spell we can cast even if its short duration

rework 3rd spire to make it valuable to use in raid dps group (maybe link a group fero with it i don't know)

bradam

Being that the riposte changes are going to (suck) cause mob push to get worse then it already is maybe we could try to get some kind of hold spell aura to hold the mob in place?   I remeber reading someone bringing it up before.

Like an Aura of the Bear Hug - Allows you to hold a mob in place as long as it stays very close to you

Maybe give us a little utility on raids?

less cheesy name maybe..

edit - spelling/grammer

Catnip_Inny

Quote from: jitathab on May 01, 2010, 08:49:39 AM
riposte immunity AA

LOL actually i wouldnt be surprised if sony is "fixing the immunity bug" cause they are running out of ideas for AA's and an immunity AA line would give them some stuff to throw in for expansion!