Main Menu

New 17th Xpack AA's And SPELLS( ALL READY STARTED SoE realsed info)

Started by Blarp, April 07, 2010, 07:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildwaters

Quote from: Grbage on April 30, 2010, 12:03:02 AM
Lets push for an end to activatable aa's. Between spell, aa's and disc mashing we spend a heck of a lot of time mashing buttons.

Oh Yeah! If we didnt have to mash so much to put numbers out Id probably still be playing Wildwaters. Even SK is killing my hands and wrists with spaming terrors. The new expansion has helped with some nice aagro buttons but still hurts.

Quote from: Martosh on May 01, 2010, 09:29:46 PM
somekind of a root's since we are hybrid shaman but not a proc from the pet a spell we can cast even if its short duration

Lol root would turn fd into a pulling tool for sure and everyone would be upset about it >.<

jitathab

wildwaters

Quote from: jitathab on May 04, 2010, 09:02:37 PM
new level of FD AA to allow pet agro to clear too.

Play dead? 8D

Has anyone thought about asking to make the new venom nuke line your main nuke line and dropping the age old ice and poison? Having something with greater damage and faster cast time/recast time to replace having to mash 2-3 nukes might be advantageous. Say that and instant dots (if upgraded properly and resisted less). Those and shortened yowl would have alot less impact on melee as they give you more stuff (hopefully you get flurry this round).

I was talking to camikazi earlier while he was parsing some stuff and he was noticing some extra hits here and there. Not sure if he figured out where they were coming from but it gave me an idea. Why not push for a new aa along the line of knights speed of the knight that would let you score extra hits? Beastlords are supposed "be masters of raw nature, who focus this energy into themselves and their warder pets" I don't see why you couldn't argue that that energy could be focused into extra attacks beyond what is available to you now.

Razimir

Quote from: wildwaters on May 09, 2010, 03:02:06 AM
Has anyone thought about asking to make the new venom nuke line your main nuke line and dropping the age old ice and poison? Having something with greater damage and faster cast time/recast time to replace having to mash 2-3 nukes might be advantageous. Say that and instant dots (if upgraded properly and resisted less). Those and shortened yowl would have alot less impact on melee as they give you more stuff (hopefully you get flurry this round).

I'd like to get melee dps boosted more than spell dps. My mana is draining very fast already when fully burning (maybe 5 min or less), so it is becoming the bottle neck allready. However I'm all for the shorter cast times. Imo all offencive spells should be instant or 0.5 sec cast time. Heals (and pet runes) should have shortened cast times too.

-Raz

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Sharrien

Shield Block - even casters get it, we can use shields, so we should get it too

Ferociousness of the Pack - short refresh skill attack that scales up based on PCs on the target's hate list similar to the way Jolt of Many scales up for number of pets

Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Camikazi

Quote from: Sharrien on May 10, 2010, 02:52:04 PM
Shield Block - even casters get it, we can use shields, so we should get it too

Ferociousness of the Pack - short refresh skill attack that scales up based on PCs on the target's hate list similar to the way Jolt of Many scales up for number of pets

I'd rather have that Fero of the Pack based on pets as well, or it won't be all that useful for soloer or duoer, while if it is based on pets we can use it to full effectiveness alone (Yolw, AotW and Warder) making it useful to all who have it and not just certain people. Other then that I like the Idea, I like Skill Attacks since our discs boost them too.

Umlat

1) Revamp of Paragon

Add       - Focused Paragon of Body - HP/End Regen - on its own timer, same refresh/reqs/ improvements available as  Focused Paragon of Spirit

Rename  - Focused Paragon of Mind - HP/Mana Regen - renamed Focused Paragon of Spirit

Improve  - Paragon of Spirit - Becomes HP/Mana/End Regen -

If the endurance needs to be limited, cap the regen at 50% of max or something - its needed as an ability these days, it fits in with what we already do and it gives us something that groups raids might actually NEED us for.

Reduce activation times for all of them

2) Increased defenses active and passive - Bump prot of the warder to 10% so mercs will let it stick around.

Instinct based bonuses to dodge/block chances - Can't afford to get hit when a good flurry from trash will drop us 50% total hp. Give me better block % vs. needing a shield.

Speaking of not needing a shield...don't know what to call it, but an AA that increases the amount of ac we get from our weapons and counts that bonus AC as shield AC. Obviously this is a monk relevant idea as well. So lets say total weapon ac is 100. Say 5 ranks that give 10%/25%/50%/75%/100% of you weapons' AC as a bonus of 10/25/50/75/100 AC that acts as if it was from an equipped shield.

3) Reflective Bond - Passive or short duration Activated (Yeah I know, but passive might be a bit much) ability that reflects a copy of clicky buffs onto our warders. So, Activate (if necessary) reflective bond, click Form of defense/endurance, overhaste, resist/ac buff, etc. and beastlord AND warder get hit with the buffs. refresh of about 30 min seems appropriate if activated. I'd like to see it made beastlord only, to try to work the fact our warder is a specific entity and not whatever elemental or dead spirit/corpse or animated spare weapons just have to be most available into having a positive side to it.

Blarp

I still love to see our melee skillz fixed over anyhting els. trip/bubble atk.

nedoirah

Quote from: Blarp on June 01, 2010, 06:23:27 PM

I hear that. Maybe also a revamp of sorts to allow for the higher levels of attack to become more effective. I don't know if there's much difference between 2500 atk and 3000 atk. They did a revamp of the AC softcaps so why not do atk?

Umlat

As it stands, our max double attack chance is base skill chance+(13x3%)(AAs) + 18%(focus) + 4/6%(yowl/totem) for a total of base skill chance +  61/63%.

Personally, I'd rather see 3 to 5+ ranks of a "Burst of Power" AA for a double attack skill cap boost that keeps ahead of triple attack by 5 or 10 and a "Feral Frenzy" AA line, that does to Triple Attack what Bestial Frenzy does to Double Attack, starting at 5 or 10 levels after we get Bestial Frenzy. It keeps things consistent with the existing system for us and it is probably more likely to make it to implementation if done that way. Just look at how long the Rogue Triple Attack cap change got filibustered. Then factor in the antipathy for beastlords.

k9wazere

Can't we just have the extra DPS this would give us handed to our warders instead?

I'm increasingly thinking that I'm alone in this desire, because so many of you are asking for personal DPS boosts to bring you in line more with other non-pet DPS classes...

Frankly, that means our pet will end up just being visual fluff (even more so than now), so you guys can end up hitting like a zerker or rogue...

Grbage

Quote from: k9wazere on June 02, 2010, 07:32:36 PM
Can't we just have the extra DPS this would give us handed to our warders instead?

I'm increasingly thinking that I'm alone in this desire, because so many of you are asking for personal DPS boosts to bring you in line more with other non-pet DPS classes...

Frankly, that means our pet will end up just being visual fluff (even more so than now), so you guys can end up hitting like a zerker or rogue...

Raiders want personal dps due to the loss of dps from losing their pet during an encounter. Groupers don't lose a pet nearly as often and don't mind the dps tied to their pet. Soloers would love to have more pet dps as the mobs hit points will actually move when they are not actively meleeing. Anyway gross generalization but basically true.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Skiendubh

Quote from: Grbage on June 03, 2010, 06:58:38 PM

Raiders want personal dps due to the loss of dps from losing their pet during an encounter. Groupers don't lose a pet nearly as often and don't mind the dps tied to their pet. Soloers would love to have more pet dps as the mobs hit points will actually move when they are not actively meleeing. Anyway gross generalization but basically true.

Mostly sound logic Grbage in answering k9wazere , but without a bucket (read industrial skip) load of pet AAs fluffy is poor DPS no matter what.

At the end of the day A level 85 beastie like myself, neither die hard nor casual and nowhere near max AA count, wearing what I consider to be decent gear for how I play. I want personal DPS in all tiers of the game, my surviveability outstrips fluffy by a long mile. Too many of our abilities are tied to our beloved but fragile warder already, why on earth add more?

Sikkem

Quote from: Skiendubh on June 03, 2010, 09:46:52 PM
Quote from: Grbage on June 03, 2010, 06:58:38 PM

Mostly sound logic Grbage in answering k9wazere , but without a bucket (read industrial skip) load of pet AAs fluffy is poor DPS no matter what.

At the end of the day A level 85 beastie like myself, neither die hard nor casual and nowhere near max AA count, wearing what I consider to be decent gear for how I play. I want personal DPS in all tiers of the game, my surviveability outstrips fluffy by a long mile. Too many of our abilities are tied to our beloved but fragile warder already, why on earth add more?

Agreed.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox