Main Menu

Good Weapon Augs in UF???

Started by Catnip_Inny, April 09, 2010, 09:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bumkus

Maybe people are confusing the two different types of weapon augs.  There are 2 types now.

1.  normal combat procs, like we've had forever.  These have a chance to proc as long as you are swinging.  Typically expect 2-3 procs per minute.

2.  new "sympathic" procs, which proc based off spell casts.

They tried to tune the proc rates so sympathetic procs fire about the same rate as normal combat procs, 2-3 per minute, assuming you are fast casting your spells.

I don't know if sympathetic procs are affected by Weapon Affinity, but this would be good information.

Hzath

Don't know for sure about weapon affinity, but you can definitely twinproc them.  This would lead me to believe other proc factors (WA, FE, etc) affect them also.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Dragonfangs

Quote from: Razimir on April 13, 2010, 06:32:09 AM
Quote from: Dragonfangs on April 12, 2010, 11:15:43 PM
As i stated above its not a Proc its a Focus Effect it needs no random chance to fire.

I don't know where you get this idea? It is clearly a proc, It has a chance to fire off on detrimental spell. When the the PROC happens, there is a message:

"XXX feels calmer."

So where is your proof it is not a proc?

-Raz

IF it is a proc its one of the most firing procs i have ever seen. It beats any other calming proc there is for the amount of times it fires.

However, in reading what the augs do there are some key differences between a proc line and a focus line that are very noticable.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=85717 - the de aggro aug.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=85715 - the dps type augs.

You will notice the deaggro type aug is missing the "Has a chance to" in the details part. That puts it more in line with a "casting classes" focus effect more then a proc. That is how I read it atleast, if you can post a parse log that doesn't have it firing every spell it could well be a proc then with typing errors in the in-game details.

Bumkus

one of the sypathetic augs you linked had a forum post that said it proced 26% of the time.

Assuming 1 cast every 5 seconds, or 12 cast per minute, these equates to 3 procs per minute, which matches up with the expected proc rate from melee augs.

Camikazi

Quote from: Bumkus on April 13, 2010, 10:54:48 PM
one of the sypathetic augs you linked had a forum post that said it proced 26% of the time.

Assuming 1 cast every 5 seconds, or 12 cast per minute, these equates to 3 procs per minute, which matches up with the expected proc rate from melee augs.

In the rather big thread on Sympathetic procs, a dev said they made it so that they PROCCED about 2-3 times per minute to match weapon procs, so they are not focus effects.

Dragonfangs

You can't really rely on data from Allakhazam to be 100% correct. Given my experience with that aug i would say its more like the focus effect on the cleric 2.0.

Razimir

Quote from: Dragonfangs on April 14, 2010, 02:40:49 AM

You can't really rely on data from Allakhazam to be 100% correct. Given my experience with that aug i would say its more like the focus effect on the cleric 2.0.

I'm not relying on Allak, I'm relying on my own eyes. My eyes tells, me that effect is not happening every time. It happens a lot more frequently than eg. GoM procs, but Sympathetic Calming does not fire on every cast. It fires often, but not with every cast. If you don't believe your own eyes make an AT for it and you can hear it too.

-Raz