Main Menu

Good Weapon Augs in UF???

Started by Catnip_Inny, April 09, 2010, 09:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catnip_Inny

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on good weapon augs that came out with UF release... Currently im using the 3 and 4 dmg augs from SoD as I was never able to get the dmg augs from FC/AG raids...  I know of the Pewter aug and plan to try camping it soon (5 dmg) but im pretty sure ive seen a couple other decent ones out there.

Thanks

Cat

Razimir

I'm using deaggro aug from boomerang missiosn on my ranged item. It has chance to proc when casting detrimental spells and it procs very often. I don't know how much the proc reduces spell aggro, but I guess it won't hurt to have one (expecpt losing few ac and hp/mana/endu).

-Raz

Sharrien

I got the Pewter aug from the chest at the end of Scent of a Woman.  Just lucky I guess, but it wasn't that hard of a mission so if camping the named starts to get old, farming the misison is also an option.

I'm using a lifetap aug form the boomerang missions in the ranged slot.  I've always liked lifetaps.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Mazame

there a 6 damage aug out of convort.

Blarp

there is also damg + DD proc augs

Catnip_Inny

ill have to look into doing scent of a woman, im sure some guildies still need it!, anyone know the name or mob belonging to the DD + proc aug?  Dont see myself using a deaggro aug personally, sony has given us way too many deaggro tools as is and i like my HP.AC augs lol :)

Blarp

with FD now 80% i careless how much agro i can make or lose. lol so ill be going all out on raids now thank god.

UQ task is not to hard i can pull it with my ench

Dragonfangs

There is a 6 dmg aug and a 5 dmg aug with a proc. Kinda makes the 5 dmg aug pointless from UQ unless you have a spare weapon set laying around to toss it in.

Quote from: Razimir on April 09, 2010, 12:34:34 PM
I'm using deaggro aug from boomerang missiosn on my ranged item. It has chance to proc when casting detrimental spells and it procs very often. I don't know how much the proc reduces spell aggro, but I guess it won't hurt to have one (expecpt losing few ac and hp/mana/endu).

-Raz

Its a focus effect, not a proc. Its not really that noticable of a difference at the raid in, group game its a huge difference. It effects just about every detrimental spell you cast ( not sure on slow).

I did use one of these but decided the slot was better served in the form an dps proc aug. Personally i also use the life sap one, it twin procs and can double crit for around 1700 heals. Its not the best option for pure dps, but its the best all around imo. They proc often so its a decent change in dps from not having anything there.

Razimir

Quote from: Dragonfangs on April 10, 2010, 01:05:10 AM
Its a focus effect, not a proc. Its not really that noticable of a difference at the raid in, group game its a huge difference. It effects just about every detrimental spell you cast ( not sure on slow).

Atleast it gives an emote and it doesn't happen every time, so I'd say it is proc.

-Raz

wildwaters

There is a 6 dmg aug and a 5 dmg aug with a proc. Kinda makes the 5 dmg aug pointless from UQ unless you have a spare weapon set laying around to toss it in.

-Raz

I did use one of these but decided the slot was better served in the form an dps proc aug. Personally i also use the life sap one, it twin procs and can double crit for around 1700 heals. Its not the best option for pure dps, but its the best all around imo. They proc often so its a decent change in dps from not having anything there.

Just curious but if this effects just about every detrimental spell you cast then how does it not effect you on raids when you are chaining every nuke and dot you have? I would think logically it would have greater impact on a raider as more casts = more chances for this to go off.

Mazame

Quote from: wildwaters on April 10, 2010, 01:41:28 PM

-Raz

Just curious but if this effects just about every detrimental spell you cast then how does it not effect you on raids when you are chaining every nuke and dot you have? I would think logically it would have greater impact on a raider as more casts = more chances for this to go off.

when you cast a spell it has a chance to trigger. when it trigger you lose aggro if it lands and gain aggro if resisted. granted the aggro gain is not mush but on raids the higher resist on mobs mean that are gaining aggro over losing it.

any resist adds a set amount of aggro and Stun aggro is one of the highest resist aggro that why people use the stun proc  for aggro it not because the stun work but more so because it resisted and give more aggro.

the same hold for the deaggro  even those the resist aggro is small it still there. so on a trigger that lands it lowers aggro by X amount and is good it not landing  means you not only don't lose aggro but gain a little.

so in groups when it lands often it is a good aug but on raids if your having aggro problems and your fighting mobs that will resist it then you end up adding to the problem not helping it

Camikazi

Quote from: Mazame on April 10, 2010, 05:20:43 PM
when you cast a spell it has a chance to trigger. when it trigger you lose aggro if it lands and gain aggro if resisted. granted the aggro gain is not mush but on raids the higher resist on mobs mean that are gaining aggro over losing it.

any resist adds a set amount of aggro and Stun aggro is one of the highest resist aggro that why people use the stun proc  for aggro it not because the stun work but more so because it resisted and give more aggro.

the same hold for the deaggro  even those the resist aggro is small it still there. so on a trigger that lands it lowers aggro by X amount and is good it not landing  means you not only don't lose aggro but gain a little.

so in groups when it lands often it is a good aug but on raids if your having aggro problems and your fighting mobs that will resist it then you end up adding to the problem not helping it

All spells add a tiny bit of aggro, and that is from  mobs reaction to a spell being cast on them (around 100 aggro), but a resisted deaggro will still lower it's full amount, just like a resisted nuke will still give you full base damage aggro. Can't find the dev post to it, but I have seen them respond to Rangers and Wizards at least about jolt and resists, both stating deaggro will drop aggro whether resisted or not, people just think it did nothing since they see the red message.

Dragonfangs

Quote from: Razimir on April 10, 2010, 05:57:57 AM

Atleast it gives an emote and it doesn't happen every time, so I'd say it is proc.

-Raz

It fires with every DD and DoT you cast. Its a focus effect not a proc. There is an emote and it did fire every cast, the only one I am not sure that if it fired on is our slow. There is a huge difference from a Focus Effect and a Proc.
Quote from: wildwaters on April 10, 2010, 01:41:28 PM

Its a two prong ordeal, one that was mentioned above more casts = a larger lump of aggro. And that some tanks only work to keep aggro when someone else has it. As i stated above its not a Proc its a Focus Effect it needs no random chance to fire.

The idea of using a deaggro aug is fairly moot at raid end, in group game it makes a huge difference.

Razimir

Quote from: Dragonfangs on April 12, 2010, 11:15:43 PM
As i stated above its not a Proc its a Focus Effect it needs no random chance to fire.

I don't know where you get this idea? It is clearly a proc, It has a chance to fire off on detrimental spell. When the the PROC happens, there is a message:

"XXX feels calmer."

So where is your proof it is not a proc?

-Raz

kharthai