Main Menu

Pets and ENRAGE.

Started by Umlat, March 02, 2010, 04:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umlat

Anybody aware of the exact mechanic for our warders to Enrage? You'd think it would kick in once and a while in response to hitting the low health mark that triggers it and give us at least a chance to back it off from a raid mob that Enrages.

Is it a some sort of safeguard to prevent the auto-riposte of an auto-riposte that resulted from the auto-riposte of a previous auto-riposte of yet another earlier ... that resulted from one Enraged mob trying to hit another Enraged mob? Or is the check for enrage done at the end of a combat "round" and not after every blow, meaning our warder dies before it ever gets to check for Enrage?

Grbage

There is a mechanism that keeps a feedback loop of ripostes happening between two oponents, that's why return kick aa's and monk aura keeps people from eating enrage. Also, if I remember right, there is a cool down period between enrages. So, if your pet enrages then gets healed X time has to pass prior to being able to enrage again. Never played around with it to see how long the cool down is.

Another thing to remember, strikthrough goes through riposte so even if the pet enrages and it can still die.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Kanan

the pet's enrage cooldown used to be able to be reset by suspending & unsuspending it.  I'd never really tested it, so I'm unsure if it still functions that way.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Inphared

Quote from: Kanan on March 03, 2010, 06:06:13 PM
the pet's enrage cooldown used to be able to be reset by suspending & unsuspending it.  I'd never really tested it, so I'm unsure if it still functions that way.

Still does

Umlat

OK - answers some of what I was wondering as to the rest, does it :

Mob Enrages.
Autoripostes burn through guard and prism skin.
Pet swings, double & triple attack successful, flurry successful.
5 autoripostes hit warder for a total of about 15k.
Pet swings with second attack, 2x & 3x succeed, no flurry.
3 more autoripostes hit warder, for about 10k more.
Pet kicks and bashes
2 more autoripostes, doing 7k or so and dies.
All melee attacks done, Warder is below threshhold so he/she would enrage if death hadn't already occured.

or does it :

Mob Enrages.
Autoripostes burn through guard and prism skin.
Pet swings, double & triple attack successful, flurry successful.
1 autoripostes hits warder for a total of about 3k.
Enrage check negative.
Enrage check negative.
Enrage check negative.
<all attacks resolved following this pattern>
Enrage check positive. Pet Enrages.
Warder autoripostes next attack, but strikethough happens and warder is hit anyway and dies.

Any clue?

Grbage

You're going to make me search through logs if you keep asking questions... Without looking I think it's turn based so would be like scenario 1.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Razimir

I'd vote for the 1st scenario.

Pet's enrage doesn't seem to protect from mob enrage and many times, after runes has been eaten, pet's hps drops so fast that he is dead before even enrage kicks in.

-Raz

Umlat

Scenario 1 is where I was thinking myself.

Scenario 1 works fine too, up to a point. But once the amount of damage per hit gets high enough, a warder's multiple attacks cause a mob's enrage to kill warder so fast that human reaction time is far too slow to make a difference. Given the amount of hate that can be generated by some classes on a lucky shot or shots, it's possible for mob to turn to face in warder's direction and drop enough HP to enrage and then kill warder in the blink of an eye (literally :-()

So enrage by warders becomes next to impossible in modern content.

So, is it possible to change enrage so it works on occasion and is it worth changing? Or is it just another area where having an ability become irrelevant due to the game evolving is not worth trying for a fix?

Grbage

Since devs have not fixed the bugged aa's/aura that defeat enrage I'm guessing they've decided it is an outdated thing. That begs the question of why they don't let us protect our pets from enrage too other then the old saw about pets need to be controlled.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Nusa

Quote from: Grbage on March 06, 2010, 04:02:06 PM
Since devs have not fixed the bugged aa's/aura that defeat enrage I'm guessing they've decided it is an outdated thing. That begs the question of why they don't let us protect our pets from enrage too other then the old saw about pets need to be controlled.

Now that's jumping to a false conclusion, unless you find a Dev willing to say that. We could have said the same thing about pet-pulling once upon a time. And rangers are about to experience a "fix" to Harmonious Arrow...it's already on test.

wildwaters

Quote from: Nusa on March 06, 2010, 04:13:09 PM
Now that's jumping to a false conclusion, unless you find a Dev willing to say that. We could have said the same thing about pet-pulling once upon a time. And rangers are about to experience a "fix" to Harmonious Arrow...it's already on test.

It 'fixes' other methods of pulling too.

Grbage

I

Yes it's my conclusion but from my understanding it's a difficult one to fix and if it was easy it would already be done. This started with the monk aura back during PoR. Pet pulling on the other hand wasn't a difficult fix it just took them a while to get around to it due to......being able to pull any mob you want without much danger. Sound familiar?
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

bradam

I had actually made a post about this on eqplayers at

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=160625

but it suffered some derailing and didn't seem to drum up much support   :oops:

Lathon

Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think any pets are protected from enrage and if that is the case do you know how many other pet classes would /whine about how unfair it is that our warder cna but thier pets cant? That would be a headache waiting to happen.

To date the best alternative is /pet hold on a mob you know enrages either just before or right when you get the message so you can re-position pet then atk again... takes all of 5secs or less so you don't really lose much pet dps which is minor compared to keeping your pet alive. Just a matter of paying attention to your pets placement and correcting it when needed

Grbage

Quote from: Lathon on April 10, 2010, 05:53:29 AM

If it was given out to one pet class they would give it out to all..
Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think any pets are protected from enrage and if that is the case do you know how many other pet classes would /whine about how unfair it is that our warder cna but thier pets cant? That would be a headache waiting to happen.

To date the best alternative is /pet hold on a mob you know enrages either just before or right when you get the message so you can re-position pet then atk again... takes all of 5secs or less so you don't really lose much pet dps which is minor compared to keeping your pet alive. Just a matter of paying attention to your pets placement and correcting it when needed
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv