Main Menu

Beastlord Disc/Spell/AA & effects (various levels) slot list

Started by Sikkem, April 29, 2010, 04:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bumkus

Quote from: Inphared on July 12, 2010, 03:40:44 AM
Quote from: Bumkus on July 12, 2010, 02:42:20 AM
Here is my best pallo from tonight.  It's a little longer than 3-5 min

Combined: Pallorax the Soul Slayer in 1097s, 51618k @47054dps --- Bumkus + pets 5045k @4649dps

Are you aware that 1097 seconds is over 18 minutes long?

Far cry from 3-5 minutes. :/

I realize this is more than 3-5 min, but this is good example where I like to use my discs, glyphs, etc efficiently.

I am just starting to hit 8K on shorter fights with brd, shm, ranger and glyph, but a short fight is like 3 minutes.
Queen Malarian in 179s, 20006k @111767dps --- Bumkus + pets 1383k @8135dps

Even at 3 minutes I think I can benefit more from efficient stacks versus just clicking everything all at once

Bumkus

Quote from: Khauruk on July 12, 2010, 05:30:33 AM
unfortunately ranger popped his group guardian right when warcry/shm epic fired and blocked my BA

I don't  understand how this happens.
I guess it blocked BA because I also had Pact on, so the illusion from Ranger buff combined with werewolf illusion prevented a 3rd ability, which also had an illusion component, from landing

Bumkus

Quote from: Khauruk on July 12, 2010, 01:02:23 PM
Oy.  I blocked that the first time it was cast on me!
oy, have i stepped into EQ forums?  what's with the 'tude man.

I have never had a problem ranger buff landing at an innappriate time.  But I think you will find that outside of end-game, people don't have entire fights scripted out click by click.

I understand that I am not end-game and so probably not welcome in this particular forum catagory, but I am trying to learn more about the discs/abilities that Sikkem was kind enough to list for us.  If you want I can start a new thread in a more appropriate section of the forum.  Or I can take it over to the Cave on the eq forums.

Bumkus

Quote from: Nusa on July 12, 2010, 10:07:22 AM
Quote from: Khauruk on July 12, 2010, 05:30:33 AM
unfortunately ranger popped his group guardian right when warcry/shm epic fired and blocked my BA

I don't  understand how this happens.

Group Guardian of the Forest
4:     Increase Haste v3 by 15%
7:    Increase Hitpoints v2 by 525 per tick
8:    Increase ATK by 144
9:    Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 26%
12:    100% Chance to trigger: Group Guardian of the Forest Form

Group Guardian of the Forest Form
1:    Illusion: Black Wolf

Bestial Alignment III
1:    Illusion: Tiger (or whichever one is yours)
3:    Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 100%
4:    Increase Chance to Resist Spell by 20%

The solution is simple, however. Put Group Guardian of the Forest Form on your blocked spells list and it'll never block BA again.

Thanks Nusa.  I didn't think to block the Ranger illusion component by itself.

It looks like bst group bestial alignment also has it's own Group Bestial Alignment Form, but regular Bestial Alignment does not.  So there is no way to click BA with illusion over the top of Pact Illusion.  Not a huge deal, but I got excited there for a second.

Thanks.

Khauruk

Relax man....it was just surprise.  I can think of almost nobody in my guild who doesn't have that blocked, and GBA form blocked.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nusa

Pact has nothing to do with it since the illusion is in slot 3 instead of slot 1. Illusions only block each other if they're in the same slot. Most illusions use slot 1, which is why they don't stack with each other.

Pact of the Wurine
3:    Illusion: Werewolf
4:    Increase Chance to Hit by 20% with All Skills
5:    Increase Movement by 36% (L1) to 56% (L21)
7:    Increase Mana Pool by 440
9:    Increase Mana by 10 per tick
11:    Increase Max Hitpoints by 440

It would be nice if personal BA were retrofitted used the trigger illusion method like the more recent illusion spells do. Don't hold your breath.

Sikkem

I dont have it blocked yet.. haven't been grouped with a ranger on a raid most likely, I get in the junk group lol... I have blocked the white wolf one though

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Hzath

Quote from: Sikkem on July 13, 2010, 08:11:26 AM
I dont have it blocked yet.. haven't been grouped with a ranger on a raid most likely, I get in the junk group lol... I have blocked the white wolf one though

you are getting shafted, tell them you demand black wolf
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Sikkem

Quote from: Hzath on July 13, 2010, 03:16:47 PM
Quote from: Sikkem on July 13, 2010, 08:11:26 AM

you are getting shafted, tell them you demand black wolf

Ohh I did get that one to... It was from a druid not a ranger though.

I realised last night I don't get in the junk group I get in the group with rangers. Just for some strange reason none of our rangers have buffs of any description.  :roll:

Karve

Give em some of ours, they need all the hinderance they can get :)

Professional Mad Bastard.

Sikkem

This is going to be a real newb question but when we talk about burns what duration are we talking about. I was looking at the numbers being thrown out and thinking that was for a whole fight and I was very depressed with my figures.

I use gameparse so how do you seperate the bit of the parse that is just your burn stage to find out what dps you did on a burn.

Thanks

Khauruk

Quote from: Sikkem on July 15, 2010, 02:10:50 AM
This is going to be a real newb question but when we talk about burns what duration are we talking about.

EQ has been around for a long time, and nobody has ever managed to define this term properly.

I'd call a burn fight for a good dps guild to be max 90 seconds or so.  Short burns to be 30 seconds or so.  Not many classes can burn to any degree past about 2 minutes, and that's where bst/mage/etc start to do better due to good sustained dps.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Sikkem

Quote from: Khauruk on July 15, 2010, 02:17:49 AM
Quote from: Sikkem on July 15, 2010, 02:10:50 AM
This is going to be a real newb question but when we talk about burns what duration are we talking about.

EQ has been around for a long time, and nobody has ever managed to define this term properly.

I'd call a burn fight for a good dps guild to be max 90 seconds or so.  Short burns to be 30 seconds or so.  Not many classes can burn to any degree past about 2 minutes, and that's where bst/mage/etc start to do better due to good sustained dps.

Thanks Khauruk,

Yeah I asked a rogue in our guild and he said it basically varies for each class. For rogues apparently its 30 secs.

I would assume for us atm it would be 60 sec seeing as we hit our big discs one after the other and not at the same time?

So to pass a burn you need the fight to last only as long as the burn I assume?