Main Menu

Riposte immunity bug fix

Started by Sikkem, April 30, 2010, 03:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sikkem

apparently will be done in the June patch

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Khauruk

boo...hopefully I don't die to it as much as I let my pet get killed nowadays :P
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Hzath

Quote from: Khauruk on April 30, 2010, 03:20:23 AM
boo...hopefully I don't die to it as much as I let my pet get killed nowadays :P

me too
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Grbage

Gah, not a fix I was looking forward to. I wonder how much retuning they'll have to do to mobs once it is fixed. Riposte damage is huge so mobs will be pumping out more dps.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Zunar

Quote from: Grbage on April 30, 2010, 05:09:48 AM
Gah, not a fix I was looking forward to. I wonder how much retuning they'll have to do to mobs once it is fixed. Riposte damage is huge so mobs will be pumping out more dps.

I thought the riposte bug only had to do with enraged mobs (below 10% HPs)....don't mobs riposte attacks at all as it is now?

Karve

It will highlight just how squishy we are and then we can ask for more + stats instead.

It would be nicer to see corpse timers of 5 hours so you can do an evenings raiding and AA rez all your corpses in one go instead of fixing this.. ahem "feature" we know and love ;)

Professional Mad Bastard.

Grbage

Quote from: Zunar on April 30, 2010, 10:48:44 AM
Quote from: Grbage on April 30, 2010, 05:09:48 AM

I thought the riposte bug only had to do with enraged mobs (below 10% HPs)....don't mobs riposte attacks at all as it is now?

Enrage immunity a big thing but enrage is just a 100% riposte mechanic. So, the most obvious place to see this bug at work is on enraging mobs.

With this fiixed all those hard hitting mobs will be landing more blows as they can now riposte your attacks. That's why if you read the thread on eq forums Elidroth said they will have to proceed carefully with implementing a fix as it can break tuning. Matter of fact, this bug was first introduced with monk auras back during PoR then was propagated to other classes with SoF when return kick was introduced. That's one heck of a lot of content fixing this bug can break tuning wise.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Bumkus

This will affect all melee in the DPS rankings.  Even if they don't die, they will need to spend a measurable amount of time not attacking.  It may not seem like much but even 5 seconds in a 100 second fight is 5%.

Actually, it's been so long since I've watched for enrage, I don't remember how long it lasts.

Bumkus

Man, I was just reading through the EQ forums.  At first I was just thinking about Enrage, but even the random normal ripostes are just gonna hose us.  If this fix goes through, we might wanna consider switching to range dps classes. 

Catnip_Inny

no more tanking any UF stuff for this bst... was pretty touch and go and id die often enough... with the immunity gone no way ill survive lol..

Camikazi

Quote from: Bumkus on April 30, 2010, 02:38:42 PM
Actually, it's been so long since I've watched for enrage, I don't remember how long it lasts.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4612&source=Live - it's a spell scripted to be cast at around 10% or so (that is why our pets can get killed from 11% straight to dead, there is a delay in the triggering of it), says 2 ticks which is about right, 10-12 seconds duration.

Wonder if tuning for the game will get thrown off, cause I am sure the tanks they used to tune and test in Beta had this AA bought so all tuning was done without ripostes at all, meaning DPS taken just went up in all expansions from SoF and up.

Grbage

I'll gaurantee you the tuning was done using tanks that had bought return kick. Most the people in betas keep up on what is going on via the boards and that bug spread like wildfire.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

wildwaters

This is a bad idea... I say keep the bug as a feature.

Vidyne

Oh well, tanks need more healing now.  :(
I can't help balance push now by being on the front side of a mob.  :(
Enrage will kill people again.  :(  :)

Dragonfangs

This is going to be great for the first few weeks, watching everyone die from it. As long as they fix every aspect of it that was bugged, monk aura included, I do believe it will be rather fun to watch.