Main Menu

Riposte immunity bug fix

Started by Sikkem, April 30, 2010, 03:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

Quote from: Dragonfangs on April 30, 2010, 08:47:22 PM
This is going to be great for the first few weeks, watching everyone die from it. As long as they fix every aspect of it that was bugged, monk aura included, I do believe it will be rather fun to watch.

Heh...I'm trying to remember what the monk aura was actually supposed to do, and failing entirely....help?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

bradam

Quote from: Khauruk on May 01, 2010, 05:48:08 AM
Quote from: Dragonfangs on April 30, 2010, 08:47:22 PM
This is going to be great for the first few weeks, watching everyone die from it. As long as they fix every aspect of it that was bugged, monk aura included, I do believe it will be rather fun to watch.

Heh...I'm trying to remember what the monk aura was actually supposed to do, and failing entirely....help?

Master's Aura Effect

Slot 3:  Increase Chance to Riposte by 10%
Slot 4:  Increase Chance to Parry by 10%
Slot 5:  Increase Chance to block by 10%

Grbage

Think it was something like +10% to parry, riposte and block.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

bradam

This sure is gona be interestering to see what comes out of the dev's messing with this  haha

Over at http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?&topic_id=163421

Elidroth  wrote

"
It's not something we're going to change on the fly.. we need to be sure this won't have some huge game-breaking impact. It really depends upon how much NPCs, especially raid NPCs are supposed to riposte.

Just changing it and removing this immunity could break a lot of current tuning.
"

So maybe we can push for a AA to make warder auto back off on enrage now?   :evil:

Dragonfangs

Quote from: bradam on May 01, 2010, 02:57:32 PM
So maybe we can push for a AA to make warder auto back off on enrage now?   :evil:

An AA that always makes the warder attack from the rear of the mob would be slightly more interesting. It could fit in with the warders "animal instincts" taking advantage of the opponents weak spots. Though the auto back off could be worked into something along those lines as well. Either of those would likely be a triggered abilitity though

Brane

Quote from: bradam

It is called Companions Relocation lazybones.

Camikazi

Quote from: Brane on May 03, 2010, 06:55:05 AM

You would have to turn around to use it which would most likely lower your DPS, unless you are on the front of the mob.

Grbage

Quote from: Dragonfangs on May 03, 2010, 04:43:34 AM
Quote from: bradam on May 01, 2010, 02:57:32 PM

An AA that always makes the warder attack from the rear of the mob would be slightly more interesting. It could fit in with the warders "animal instincts" taking advantage of the opponents weak spots. Though the auto back off could be worked into something along those lines as well. Either of those would likely be a triggered abilitity though

For ratiolization we can point to herding dogs. There are two types, head and heel dogs, which describes their natural inclination as to which end to control a herd animal from. Heel dogs are the more desirable of the two, nipping at an animals backside works much better then trying to lead them around by the nose.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

bradam

I'd be happy with a rank 2 of relocation that just punts warder behind me instead of infront of me so i can keep hacking away  =)

nedoirah

I guess I won't be off-tanking mobs to help control adds anymore. I used this bug to do that. I just hope UF will not become unplayable after this.

bobokatt1970

I hit Divine Companion's Aura as the raid mob enrages (God I wish it was insta cast) -- if that even works... seems to!.  Figured this bug would be fixed eventually... thus far have not lost my pet in months other than plain old wipes.

Brane

Quote from: bradam on May 03, 2010, 03:45:18 PM

I'd be happy with a rank 2 of relocation that just punts warder behind me instead of infront of me so i can keep hacking away  =)

In most cases I am faster then my pet, I run to back of mob, press Summon Companion AA (its instant), pet attk. Instantly correctly placed pet. :)

Camikazi

Well we are getting another month of immunity, they are not making changes for this months patch.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Brane on May 05, 2010, 03:37:28 AM
In most cases I am faster then my pet, I run to back of mob, press Summon Companion AA (its instant), pet attk. Instantly correctly placed pet. :)

The AA will allow you to summon him while he has agro?

I only ask cause the clicky, I use, (and the spell if I remember correctly) wont allow you to summun if he is on any NPC's hate list.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Sikkem

Quote from: Camikazi on May 06, 2010, 12:14:17 AM
Well we are getting another month of immunity, they are not making changes for this months patch.
It was always going to be the june patch at the earliest. They do seem to realise that this will be a big impact on the game and are trying to get it right.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox