Main Menu

Riposte immunity bug fix

Started by Sikkem, April 30, 2010, 03:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camikazi

Quote from: Sikkem on May 06, 2010, 03:13:29 AM
Quote from: Camikazi on May 06, 2010, 12:14:17 AM
Well we are getting another month of immunity, they are not making changes for this months patch.
It was always going to be the june patch at the earliest. They do seem to realise that this will be a big impact on the game and are trying to get it right.
I try not to assume what the devs will do and only go by what they say, and Elidroth said no changes in May :P

kharthai

Elidroth just posted again.

"Since the content for the past 3 expansions has been tuned with this functionality in place, here is the team's decision on this issue:

* The existing AA's will be refunded and removed from the game.
    * Warriors, Shadowknights, Paladins, and Rangers will receive a new AA that specifically gives this immunity.
    * Monks, Rogues, Beastlords, Berzerkers, and Bards will get this immunity in a triggered, short duration version.
    * Beastlords, Magicians, and Necromancers will get a version of this that can be applied to their pets.

This will most likely be in place for the June patch. Look for it on test sometime in the next 2 weeks.

"

Camikazi

Quote from: kharthai on May 06, 2010, 03:40:54 PM
Elidroth just posted again.

"Since the content for the past 3 expansions has been tuned with this functionality in place, here is the team's decision on this issue:

* The existing AA's will be refunded and removed from the game.
    * Warriors, Shadowknights, Paladins, and Rangers will receive a new AA that specifically gives this immunity.
    * Monks, Rogues, Beastlords, Berzerkers, and Bards will get this immunity in a triggered, short duration version.
    * Beastlords, Magicians, and Necromancers will get a version of this that can be applied to their pets.

This will most likely be in place for the June patch. Look for it on test sometime in the next 2 weeks.

"
Wee more AAs to click, 2 if the pet one is activated too... and we will be taking more damage now when tanking (as if we didn't take a lot of damage already).

thor

Why are Rangers on that list as passive immune?

Grbage

Because the devs consider rangers as a light tank, they are warrior/druid hybrid afterall and do have a taunt button. Monks have also been called a light tank by some devs in the past and as such they will also be considered for the passive immunity.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Sikkem

Quote from: Camikazi on May 06, 2010, 01:55:49 PM
Quote from: Sikkem on May 06, 2010, 03:13:29 AM
Quote from: Camikazi on May 06, 2010, 12:14:17 AM
Well we are getting another month of immunity, they are not making changes for this months patch.
It was always going to be the june patch at the earliest. They do seem to realise that this will be a big impact on the game and are trying to get it right.
I try not to assume what the devs will do and only go by what they say, and Elidroth said no changes in May :P
You got me there?
I don't see where I assumed anything I just said what elidroth said, not May june at the earliest.

QuoteElidroth wrote:

This is a very strange issue to reproduce for sure. I've got an idea about what I THINK is happening, but I need to corner a coder to see if they can trace it through the combat mechanics to verify.

EDIT: I know what's causing it now. I can't do what I want to do with it before we're in lockdown for the next patch, but changes WILL be coming for the June patch.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Nusa

I notice they didn't directly address the monk aura. If that's staying, then it won't have too big an impact on well-formed raid groups, or on monks individually.

And, of course, until we know the duration and recast time, we don't know how screwed we are.

Having it for pets is a good thing, however.

Grbage

Just an assumption...but most likely the same thing that causes riposte immunity with monk aura causes it in return kick. So by fixing return kick they aura will also be fixed.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Karve

I do hope ours is appled to us and the pet from one AA, not 2.
Enough with the clickies already,I'm running out of screen real estate for these and I'm still missing a few o.O

Professional Mad Bastard.

Khauruk

Quote from: Karve on May 07, 2010, 08:11:55 AM
I do hope ours is appled to us and the pet from one AA, not 2.
Enough with the clickies already,I'm running out of screen real estate for these and I'm still missing a few o.O

I'd bet money it will be 2 AAs.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Grbage

You know it will be 2 distinct lines even though almost every class is complaining about having to many buttons to mash already.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Zunar

This sux bigtime..
Our defensive capabilities have been left to stagnate for too long now..
I don't know about the rest of you, but I do alot of tanking on my beastlord and have been ever since I created him.

I tanked both for groups and solo....I may not be as good at it as a warrior, or knight....or even a monk, but have managed so far....
Ever since mobs got strikethrough, we started geting more damage spikes, cuz our avoidance didn't help as much anymore with SoD expansion.

Then came UF, with mobs that hit like trucks, and need you to have endlessly high AC to try tanking that.

Now with riposte from mobs too?

We will be hit the hardest by this change then any other class imo, since our avoidance is already crippled and we are the lowest mitigators of all the melee classes.

We'll need something more to survive this change I think......or might as well go back to playing older expansions, cuz UF just got less fun.

thor

Yeah what gets me the most is Rangers are on this passive always on list, they should be drop down to non passive like us.

wildwaters

Quote from: thor on May 08, 2010, 04:13:41 PM
Yeah what gets me the most is Rangers are on this passive always on list, they should be drop down to non passive like us.

Why not provide reasons the beastlords should keep this and be considered as light tanks rather than trying to weaken another class? This kind of reasoning is not healthful for the game and has resulted in many nerfs that have hurt the game for others.

Mazame

Quote from: wildwaters on May 09, 2010, 02:47:38 AM
Quote from: thor on May 08, 2010, 04:13:41 PM

Why not provide reasons the beastlords should keep this and be considered as light tanks rather than trying to weaken another class? This kind of reasoning is not healthful for the game and has resulted in many nerfs that have hurt the game for others.

The simple and most effective reason why is PUSH. having all of the melee on the back side of the mob will cause a nasty push. beastlords and warder have some of the stronger push in the game giving bst the passive means we can be in the front arc and help control the push. more so then other classes.