Main Menu

Spells for House of Thule

Started by Hzath, May 06, 2010, 03:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Nusa on May 07, 2010, 06:58:32 PM
Ragging on the devs has no upside, you realize. It's self-destructive.

In order for that statement to be true you relize, they would have to listen in the first place to us.

Normally I would agree with you but the fact is we are how many expansions past the "F-bomb" and a few other touchy subjects and still nothing has been done?

Fixed Invis and FD came from the AA dev (Who's relatively new) and a new Nuke (Spell developer). 3 accomplishments (for SoE) in that amount of time span isn't a record I would be proud of. Again, look at our wish list, some of which should of became reality long ago before all the "Ragging".
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Hzath on May 08, 2010, 10:29:34 AM
Quote from: Mazame on May 08, 2010, 06:39:25 AMPromised Rejuvenation: I for one think this is nice for clerics but as a pet heal my pet doesn’t last long enough for me to wait for this heal to trigger. You can remove this line.

Very strange.  Dragonscale Guard and Promised line are the only 2 pet heal spells I use outside of extreme circumstances.

Same, the casting time of Promised at least lets me know it will land on pet with out getting interrupted. But it doesn't always go off because pet is dead if he didn't enrage, its a trade off I guess
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Mazame

Quote from: Hzath on May 08, 2010, 10:29:34 AM
Quote from: Mazame on May 08, 2010, 06:39:25 AMPromised Rejuvenation: I for one think this is nice for clerics but as a pet heal my pet doesn’t last long enough for me to wait for this heal to trigger. You can remove this line.

Very strange.  Dragonscale Guard and Promised line are the only 2 pet heal spells I use outside of extreme circumstances.

We have 2 pet heals  1 hot and 1 Ch type heal. these 2 heals I have found most of the time are all the pet needs. taking 2 spells slots  to load guard and another heal is a bit much for me. guard is nice I will give you that. but a promis heal to me when not being used on a main tank is like throwing mana away on the chance it might heal at a good time. if you cast when the pet needs a heal there a good chance the pet dead before the 10 sec is up if your casting it when the pet dosn't need a heal then it go off and you wasted mana unless ffor some unknow reason the pet got hurt in that 10 sec and then you healed him

in a my pet going to die need a heal I use the aa CH
when pet taking little bits of damage from AE and ramp I use the hot aa / guard. If I know the fight and know my pets going to need cures I will load the heal with the cure in it in place of guard.

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Thorgador

Maybe just me, but I find myself not loading any heal spell at all, at least on raids (only load promised in grouping situations, and I use it ehh... almost never?). I find myself using promised and blessing and /pet hold /pet back off only, any other damage that kills my warder faster than this three things is going to kill it with any heal spell we have anyways.

And on the spell part, I quite like some of Mazame's ideas, specially with the Verve's line, let's make it usefull again, I would even trade off the atk bonus for a unique mod.

- Feralgia : this is a step in the good direction, get two usefull spells we use combined into one was a great idea ... more of this please! and make the mod scale with new version 20%-25%-33% of damage increase for ranks I-II-III for example.

- Boon: same here, get the 4 pets proc rate upped and boost its damage too. Decrease it's casting time to 0.5 secs or 1 sec tops. This has become one of our class defining dps spells, dont let it fade!

- DOTS: who would not agree on that we need those pumped both in resist checks and damage ... I used to load them after they downed the cast time, but I end up using only nukes in raids (spell graying time is awfull after casting one) for the damage they do I lost interest in them; Improve dots base damage and get rid of spell graying when casting them and make them easier to land.

Warder procs: 

- Vaxzn: I agree that our pet stun part of the procs should be usefull for the current content the spell has been designed for ... why make a stun spell that only works for prior expansions?

- Fellgrips: I for one wouldn't care much if we get rid of this spell, although very rarely I got to use it on some raid mobs hard to slow ... if we must keep this line then rework it to make it really usefull, like make it unresistable and/or able to slow unslowable mobs.

- Friendly Pet:  the idea is nice, the implementation ... is awfull. Rework it to BOTH stack with any other pet proc AND make the heal either a group heal (prefered) OR heal the targets target, THEN it would be usefull (sorry for caps, just hit me nerves lol).

- Group Haste! get rid of recourse group haste and give us one group haste that doesnt cost us 1300 mana each 13 mins for gods sake!!

- Pet heal spells:  giving us four different kind of pet heals means what? to my eyes means the devs have no idea what to give to us and just throw more of the same ... get rid of minax and do like it was done with Feralgia and Boon, make a single heal spell that has a base heal like Salve and adds a hot like Minax (but with useful values! like 2-3k a tick for few ticks), up the mana cost a bit and keep casting times or reduce it down to 1-2 sec cast (at 3 seconds casting time with mods you are loosing quite some dps nowadays); of course keeping the curing. Then maybe I would think memming it.

- Block spells:  another line where Feralgias experience could kick in ... combine them! I find myself almost never using aegis, only use Dragonscale regularly on raids (at least it blocks both melee and spells). Make a combined run spell that blocks like Dragonscale (6/7/8 blocks instead 8/9/10) and mitigates spell damage (15%/20%/25% instead of 20%/25%/30%)?

Old spell lines ... it would be great to see some old lines made actual:

- Focus     >   has been asked for long now, make it a tuned down version of shaman's
- Incapacitate   >    Would be nice to get Cripple for example
- Frenzy    >    make it boost our heroic stats instead of normal ones? (+5 to all melee heroic stats + some ac?)

New spell ideas:

- An emergency heal spell (0.5 sec casting time) with long reuse time (30 seconds?) for pet + ourselves (5k+3k base heals) idea sounds nice, even a self only emergency heal (0.5 sec casting and 4k base heal) sounds great.

- Beastlord aura, improving melee dps in a noticeable way (+melee %chance crit, increase crits damage, add twinproc mod, ...); zerkers got Cry, rangers got Auspice both mgbable and we have GBA that is NOT mgable and is both subpar with Auspice and Shaman champion, why not ask for such an aura if they dont want to do GBA as it was originally in beta (very grumpy cos of this).

- Warder mezz proc: this idea has rounded my mind for some time now, the form is where im unsure tho lol. Make it a single cast mezz proc (1-2 ticks) + push + blurr or a X charges (2/4/6 charges?) mezz proc that lasts 2-3 ticks ...

- Diversified warder procs, I know there could be too many spells summed up, but Bestolrs have been the class with the LEAST SPELLS each expansions for uncountable years... it's time for some spell love! We already have diversified Feral Attacks, the lore is there, let the warders get some improvement too!
Zunar's ideas sound nice, would love to see something similar implemented.

Zunar

I was thinking we could add another utility proc, kind of like the idea of how Friendly pet was maybe though of like, I dunno.

Warder's intervention, (10min timer, 1 min reuse maybe)
Add Proc: Warder's Intervention, 3-6 counters
If target's target is under 50% Hps, it has a 80% chance to trigger a heal
Heals 4000 Hp, and removes one counter
When all counters are gone, the buff proc fades.

This would make the heal come when it's needed, more like an emergency heal....at 50% or less, you'll really want a heal :)
The 80% chance is there to raise the heal to 4000, instead of 3000.
Personally I'd like it alot more.....but that's up to devs, who seem to think 3K heals are where we should be :/

Maybe this is what Friendly pet should've been, heh

Karve

I thought  about a warder proc mezz as well, I guess it would have to be activated/long re-use as a last ditch effort.

warder proc's Rabid Glare single target mez (ideally making the target back away and fade off), the warder would have to stay "staring" at the mob and stop all DPS as the downside to it, so it could be a tricky one to code.

Bigger heals, ours really are a joke.
Group haste ftw!

Up fellgrip/ make it work on non-slowable mobs thus returning a class defining ability to beastlords. and then don't give it to mages/anyone else.

Up the numbers for paragon and f-paragon.

Give us an aura for damage+ and crits++ AND stamin regen (yeah baby).

Make SE better returns or add a new one to the line.

Make our buffs stack a little better with other classes, at the moment we have exactly 1 spell to contribute to a raid buffing session and the same for a group too.

Up pet DPS and survivability .. does anyone here even attempt to solo with their pet in UF ?

Up damage on dots and definitely reduce the checks against them.. having to buty aa's to make spells stick and then still seeing them fail just plain sucks.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Hzath

No one has said much about the newer ideas thrown out so I'll add one more idea and then give my take on them, it's about our targeted player heals.  Other than soloing, they're only used in emergencies such as healer dying or mercenary deciding he's not getting paid enough and isn't healing anymore.  I propose they start acting like it.  The shaman/druid emergency heals heal the group based on how low health everyone is, it would be awesome if our heal did something similar only for our single target.  Using our Cadmaels Rk.III rounded to 2000 base heal and 500 mana (1964 and 495 in reality, but round numbers are nicer) for the example.

If Target is 100-80% health: 1700 base heal (85% of regular)
If Target is 80-60% health: 2000 base heal (100% of regular)
If Target is 60-40% health: 2200 base heal (110% of regular)
If Target is 40-20% health: 2500 base heal (125% of regular)
If Target is 20-0% health:  3000 base heal (150% of regular)

Obviously there's a pretty sizeable bonus for healing people under 40% health, but it's most likely a dire situation if someone drops that low and our heal might actually save some people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now then, responses to some of the ideas I had strong feelings for one way or another.

QuoteSpell: Feral Bound, When casted this healing spell grants the caster and there warder a powerful healing bound, caster 3,500 and warder 5,000 hit points.

Cas time 2.4 sec
Mana 1,800

I think I said this already, but I am not really a fan of linking abilities to our warder.  They're usually not useable at all when he's out of range or dead which is often a hassle.  Also in most situations I need to heal either the warder OR myself, usually not both at the same time.  With all of the powerful pet AAs (mend, DA, Compantions blessing) he's usually in good shape for most fights without many spells so I think the spell would be inefficient (hp/mana wise) in most situations.

Quote*An aura. I'd like to see one that could benefit melee or casters without overlapping other classes' abilities. Like +%melee crit rate, + %nuke/dot crit damage.

I'm not opposed to a dps aura, but bards and enchanters have a pretty good stranglehold on that market.  We also have to think about stacking issues, we ideally want something that won't be completely obsoleted by discs/AAs in a burn scenario.  Also, I think we would want it to be melee focused so we're more appealing to the melee dps groups. 

The berserker discipline Vengeful Flurry has the stat
Increase Additional Attack Chance by 100%
I don't have any idea how useful that is, but it's not a very often seen effect and if we could get an aura version with a lower % that would rock.

Quote2. Fluffy, Sic Balls!!  Proc stun that works on higher level mobs, nearly any mob that isn't specifically stun immune.  Tradeoff would be long recast and hit limits, maybe stacking conflict with Hobble/Fellgrip.

I kind of like the idea of our pets being able to stun up to player level+3 (or whatever).  It's a utility proc so it would almost certainly be put on the hobble/fellgrip timer.

QuoteA dual cast slow/cripple would be a good way to go.

Yes.  If they're going to bring back cripple (a popular request the past few years) I hope it's done like this.  I hate slowing, and if groups expected me to cast an additional debuff I wouldn't be happy.  It probably wouldn't be effective much in raids other than pre-debuffing adds, but it would be a stellar group/solo spell.

QuoteAnother spell to ask for would be a self & pet listlessness type buff for slows/heals.

Yes again.  I've always dreamed of having a self only listlessness.  Attempting to slow multiple mobs when soloing or tanking armed with only a 1.5s cast 6s recast single target slow spell is a nightmare with interrupts and resists.

QuoteWhat about an upgraded version of Empathic Fury, that lasts 45 seconds...AND boost all pets too...including Yowl pets summoned during that disc is active.

Another maybe easy fix would be to add a twincast buff onto Empathic fury.

Empathic Fury definitely needs an upgrade this expansion.  I think I would rather see our best discipline to remain pure melee focused and leave gimmicky tricks (which I do like the ideas) to AAs. 
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Zunar

I like the idea of a heal spell that scales up like that. Maybe even a bigger scale up imo...more of like a panic heal.
Possibly also it'd cast more or less instant, and have a longer reuse timer, 6 seconds?
Maybe it could be made a separate spell from our regular heal spell line.

Zunar

I'd like to see haste recourse dropped from our pet haste buff too (Unrivaled Rapidity), and make it recourse something else...maybe a self AC and/or haste buff, and/or regen that lasts as long as the pet buff does.
Else it'd make little sense imo having the pet buff last way longer when you need to be recasting it for a shorter recourse anyways.
AC buff to stack with cleric Gallantry, Order of the Devout..or else it'd be useless.
(We did used to have an AC buff in the past, Shifting Shield, lev 56, so it's not taken entirely out of the blue :))

Make the 50% group haste buff a spell of it's own, or include 50% haste in a group fero buff perhaps.

Make the next Fellgrip Jaws an PB AE slow, and possibly lose the DoT on it.
Imo it's mainly used for preslowing things, so this would make it more efficient and worthwhile using for just that purpose on trash mobs.

Next upgrade to Frozen Venom could include a debuff, that makes the mob take extra damage from the next ice or poison spell used on it.

All I got time for now....

Camikazi

Quote from: Zunar on May 15, 2010, 08:53:44 PM
Make the next Fellgrip Jaws an PB AE slow, and possibly lose the DoT on it.
Imo it's mainly used for preslowing things, so this would make it more efficient and worthwhile using for just that purpose on trash mobs.

Next upgrade to Frozen Venom could include a debuff, that makes the mob take extra damage from the next ice or poison spell used on it.

All I got time for now....

If you make Fellgrip PB AE and keep it a pet proc that would become a pet suicide spell, pet would evaporate once it procced and too many adds around, specially unhandled adds. As for Venom, I like it the way it is, great for dumping mana and adding a good amount of DPS, yea the extra aggro on it sux, but I see the reason for it, it's meant as a limiting factor on it's use and with our new AA and FD we can just manage it without instant death. I would rather it stick the way it is since if they added a debuff or something like that the recast would go up or damage would go down most likely.

Bumkus

I like the idea of AE Pet slow.  It's perfect becuase it is self limiting.

It's useful against 2 or 3 mobs as long as you can get the adds tanked or cc'd in time, but you would never through it against a pack of 10 raid mobs.

Plus pet slow only lasts a minute, so it's not a fire 1 time and forget.  The more mobs you use it on, the more times you have to refresh it, because you won't be able to kill a whole herd inside 1 minute.

Let's face it.  Fellgrip was not really an upgrade over Lockfang.  For me it was actually a downgrade because I won't get rnk III felgrip for a while and the Rnk III versions have a better resist modifier than the rnk II versions.  People use pet slow for the Slow effect, not the dot component.

wildwaters

Or just limit the number of slows on it to five mobs that way it fades and the pet cant cast it over and over and get major aggro >.<

That's assumin of course you have a tank that aes on inc.

bradam

Quote from: Bumkus on May 20, 2010, 03:15:04 PM
I like the idea of AE Pet slow.  It's perfect becuase it is self limiting.

It's useful against 2 or 3 mobs as long as you can get the adds tanked or cc'd in time, but you would never through it against a pack of 10 raid mobs.

Plus pet slow only lasts a minute, so it's not a fire 1 time and forget.  The more mobs you use it on, the more times you have to refresh it, because you won't be able to kill a whole herd inside 1 minute.

Let's face it.  Fellgrip was not really an upgrade over Lockfang.  For me it was actually a downgrade because I won't get rnk III felgrip for a while and the Rnk III versions have a better resist modifier than the rnk II versions.  People use pet slow for the Slow effect, not the dot component.

Personally I'd love to see pet slow spelll line just die lol

The biggest issue i have with the pet slow is the dot, that makes impossible for that mob to now be mezzed.   So say you pull one and get 2 adds, tank grabs one, warder randomly slows/dots that one or any other one, chanter ae mezzes, warder's dot wakes mob, dead chanter  =/

I was screwing around boxing the old ldon raids for fun and found myself wishing I could cast an AE slow, but outside of that and tradeskill drops farming I cant really think of any other time I'd ever want to pull that much agro on that many mobs on myself.

Anything that blocks me from using hobble of spirits is useless in the group game imo.  On raids I dont tend to use hobble but shammies got slow duty then normally.   

To me on a raid thats were friendly pet might be useful as a group heal or possibly make it a group/point blank AE cure or something.

pbae cure on raids like Venomlord would be bad tho I suppose..

Bumkus

Ok.  So eliminate DoT component on pet slow.  Add AE.  Keep same resist adjusts by rank.

If you want AE, you lose DoT.  Have to choose.

Eliminating the DoT from an AE version would also prevent it from being exploited when swarming light blues for XP.

I realize we are split 50/50 on Pet slows, but if they are gonna upgrade it, then it needs to be different than Fellgrip/Lockfang, which really werent much of an upgrade from Steeltrap, especially given that people cast this for the Slow, not the DoT.