Main Menu

Spells for House of Thule

Started by Hzath, May 06, 2010, 03:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradam

Quote from: Umlat on June 04, 2010, 06:35:24 PM

like making Misty Thicket Picnics from scratch during combat as spell components

lol I got a good chuckle out of trying to visualize that   =)

bradam

How about a Feral Bodyguard spell?

Kinda copy mages Hulking Bodyguard spell but instead of the earth elemental make it proc a old school nectulos forrest Kodiak bear to protect us?   

Grbage

You summed it up pretty well Umlat.

FYI, running a nuclear reactor is easier then playing a bst to full potential. Done both so I should know.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Sharrien

It's probably about time we consolidate our AA and spell lists, somehow vote on them and rank our top suggestions so we can give a good list to the devs.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Khauruk

Quote from: Sharrien on June 08, 2010, 01:27:10 PM
It's probably about time we consolidate our AA and spell lists, somehow vote on them and rank our top suggestions so we can give a good list to the devs.

Not much point, for the moment.  Aristo already has spells done I believe, and we're just waiting on them to get mined out of a spell data file.  They might show up in the 9th, but likely the patch after (due to design lock).

Once we have an idea of what's showing back up that we don't want, we can lobby a bit harder for changes.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Sharrien

In other words, we are too late for providing effective input and our only hope is damage control?

I assumed they were going to say at some point, give us the inputs for your class by whatever date.  One of these days I'll learn not at assume  :(
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Khauruk

Quote from: Sharrien on June 08, 2010, 06:25:53 PM
In other words, we are too late for providing effective input and our only hope is damage control?

I assumed they were going to say at some point, give us the inputs for your class by whatever date.  One of these days I'll learn not at assume  :(

I have some hope for the expansion.  Aristo and Elidroth seem to be a bit more attuned to there being *a* need for focusing in Beastlords in the upcoming expansion.  We've had some CLs in the serverwide chat in response to a request from Aristo for ideas for beastlords (and threads here were subsequently forwarded as well).  Elidroth obviously is looking at burst dps potential.  I stopped by the EQLive forums for the first time in ages this morning too, and I think it's abundantly clear that Beastlords are considered a class in dire straits by the community (raid rankings thread, despised classes) and the Beastlord's Cave section is pretty depressing (good point is that it's clear to anybody reading).

Now, of course, we'll see what we see, but I think there's at least more precedence for fruitful communication from the last beta w/ class-based dev chats, and once we see what spells are like in beta, we should try to schedule one of those right off the bat.

Of course, this is all based on me actually getting into beta last year, and not logging in to the forums from a friend's toon....
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Dilgartownguard

Wow, that despised classes thread is the worst pile of crap I've read in awhile now. Really goes to show how little people know about this game.

Umlat

Quote from: Dilgartownguard on June 09, 2010, 02:20:03 AM
Wow, that despised classes thread is the worst pile of crap I've read in awhile now. Really goes to show how little people know about this game.

Most people only want to know "enough" to justify their particular position on improvements for a class or classes. Only very rarely does anybody bother trying to provide an overall perspective or an objective viewpoint. That SHOULD be something that is one of the primary concerns of the developers and community leaders. As the despised classes thread shows, apparently at least some of the CLs view see it as more of a lobbying platform. Anybody, I don't care what class, who publicly states his primary concern is for his class and not the game as a whole shouldn't be a CL. Community leaders are not CLASS leaders. Yes, CLs should come from every class and that class should be played as a main, but the purpose is to provide expertise and insight, not an agenda.

Yes, I admit I stirred things up in that thread, but we've played nice so far and look where it's gotten us; ignored and sidelined. Patch notes certainly show a distinct lack of meaningful beastlord changes since UF release beyond the late AA release in April, which everyone got.

Of course if I want to be honest, I have to say taking off the kid gloves and letting loose just plain felt good. Civility sometimes only gets you so far.

Karve

I know what you mean Umlat, its been nice to rile some feathers, rais eawareness and see the general concesus of players chiming in saying bsts need a boost.

It would also be nice if the bsts who apped for CL duty were accepted... what hapened there? and Tulisin really should either change his stance on things or step down and let a main Bst particpate.

[apology for derail]

Professional Mad Bastard.

Khauruk

Tulisin's presence in the CL program has no bearing on the presence of a bst main in the program.  There is no set number of people, class makeup, etc.

Per one decent former CL at least, the program is at least as equally ineffective, ignorant, and biased as any of the class leader programs that have existed through the years, so I'm not sure having a beastlord on there would be helpful.  Not that I'd turn down a chance to have a look-see at the few things they tell CLs about pre-release, and have a closer conduit to the devs :D
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Grbage

I'm not sure how effective the current CL program is but it is probably at least a bit better then past attempts. Only reason I say this is they actually have a dedicated board for them to communicate back and forth with the devs. First time that has happened, in the past work was done via PM's to individual devs and no real discussion happened.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Tadenea

thre are more CL coming into the mix, when? I dont know Zatozia not giving confirmed date. We have to sign a legal document and heard thats been redone
so it takes time to get new CL on board
Last bunch of CL, were introduced right after Fan Faire I believe
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Grbage

Thanks for the update Tadenea.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Karve

Great news, fingers crossed. Not gonna hold my breath though for obvious reasons :)

Professional Mad Bastard.