Main Menu

Spells for House of Thule

Started by Hzath, May 06, 2010, 03:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradam

Not sure how I wound up reading

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wound_licking

other then I have too much free time at work..

But thats what got me thinking about warder proc'ing a pbae cure spell lol

would be a funny emote to see
"Bradam's warder drools on you!  You have been cured"

Grbage

I'm not in favor of a pet ae slow. It would be situational nice (low con mobs) but in current content the pet would quickly die from it.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Bumkus

It would not be used on low con mobs because low con mobs dont need to be slowed.  I only use Slow as a non-damaging pulling tool in Thallasius.

Your right it would only be situationally useful, but those situations are when you have a few non-trivial mobs.  In groups and solo, it would allow us to slow a couple mobs without having to cycle targets.

They need to do something with it and I don't wanna blow another spell upgrade by getting an extra 80 dot damage tacked on top.  That's worthless. 

Whatever they do, we should expect them to keep the basic theme of the spell.  It is a mob debuff.

If not AE, then it needs to add an attack reduction or some other debuff component.

Either way we gotta start coming together so we have a unified postion come beta.

jitathab

would like a group heal and corruption cure.

Mazame

General:

Dreamlike Cunning 1 0 / 10
Dreamlike Swiftness 1 0 / 10
Dreamlike Sapience 1 0 / 10
Dreamlike Fortitude 1 0 / 10
Dreamlike Magnetism 1 0 / 10
Dreamlike Intellect 1 0 / 10
          5aa per rank to stat cap
Delay Death  / 30
Innate Regeneration / 30
Discordant Defiance  / 15

Arch
Enhanced Aggression  / 30
Veteran's Wrath / 12
Fury of Magic / 15
Finishing Blow  / 26

Class
Tranquil Blessings 0 / 1 = next group buff becomes an area effect spell ( only work out of combat )
Bestial Frenzy  / 13

if this is not 100%  I am sorry but it was a quick look over and I was at work so not able to double check it. but these are the New aa that have shown up on EQ players not sure when they are due out or if they will be more or if they may get changed.

Looks to me like Tranquil blessing is another MGB for buffing out side of combat  so we can save MGB for paragon and use TB for SE.

Camikazi

Quote from: Mazame on May 20, 2010, 10:17:21 PM
Arch
Veteran's Wrath / 12

Class
Bestial Frenzy  / 13

Those 2 are already on Live, rest seem to be new though, least new ranks.

Bumkus

Quote from: Karve on May 21, 2010, 10:38:08 AM
A pbae pet proc snare could be interesting though ..
Snare is part of our AA Hobble line, not spells.

And AE snare would be bigger aggro generator than Slow.  Plus mobs would then turn on warder un-slowed.  If our pet snare was a useful kite tool, then I could see some uses for an AE snare.  But really snare generates too much hate on the warder to use it for anything other than keeping runners from tearing off at low heath.

Since mobs only run when there is one of them at low health, then ae snare would not really gain us anything.

Tadenea

Quote from: bradam on May 20, 2010, 06:43:54 PM
Not sure how I wound up reading

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wound_licking

other then I have too much free time at work..

But thats what got me thinking about warder proc'ing a pbae cure spell lol

would be a funny emote to see
"Bradam's warder drools on you!  You have been cured"

That just made me laugh but don't put it past them to make it
Aristo will be the spell Dev for this expansion BTW (UF was Raramor and Rytan)
I did add a Link to this post in CL Forums if I did not menthin this before
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

k9wazere

Quote from: Mazame on May 20, 2010, 10:17:21 PM
General:

Dreamlike Cunning 1 0 / 10
Dreamlike Swiftness 1 0 / 10
Dreamlike Sapience 1 0 / 10
Dreamlike Fortitude 1 0 / 10
Dreamlike Magnetism 1 0 / 10
Dreamlike Intellect 1 0 / 10
         5aa per rank to stat cap
Delay Death  / 30
Innate Regeneration / 30
Discordant Defiance  / 15

Arch
Enhanced Aggression  / 30
Veteran's Wrath / 12
Fury of Magic / 15
Finishing Blow  / 26

Class
Tranquil Blessings 0 / 1 = next group buff becomes an area effect spell ( only work out of combat )
Bestial Frenzy  / 13

if this is not 100%  I am sorry but it was a quick look over and I was at work so not able to double check it. but these are the New aa that have shown up on EQ players not sure when they are due out or if they will be more or if they may get changed.

Looks to me like Tranquil blessing is another MGB for buffing out side of combat  so we can save MGB for paragon and use TB for SE.

Bit of a boring list that :/

Nothing but additional ranks of passive AAs with no "wow" factor at all. Hopefully there's more to come.

Khauruk

Quote from: Tadenea on May 21, 2010, 03:25:34 PM

I did add a Link to this post in CL Forums if I did not menthin this before

Thank you.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Khauruk

Aristo,

I'm going to focus here on a few problems that the beastlord spell set has, and do new spell ideas in a separate post later.  Our spell set has largely stagnated over the past many expansions, and the new spells we've received prior to this expansion have been largely useless, so PLEASE budget some development time for us /wrings hands.

1 - useless spells
Ferocity - this has been acknowledged as a useless spell by Prathun for several years, and I'm hoping you can do something about it.  It was a mana-intensive short duration spell with very strong defensive portions against spells and melee offenses.  It works off of Luclin-era mechanics (attack, resists, raw STA), all of which are of minimal use now.  On top of that it suffers from high mana cost, and very long recast timer.  It has a two-fold mission, defensive (HP from STA, resists) and offensive (largest single spell attack boost).  Beastlords have been asking for a revamp of this spell for at least 6 years now!

A preferred fix would include stack with all other classes melee buffs (as the original does), and would hopefully have some mechanic which stacks nicely for burn dps rather than a baseline dps boost.  A significant enough boost to base dps would be acceptable to us though, I think.  The resulting spell would also have enough of a boost to be an efficient use of mana to cast on ourselves.  I think we'd all like to see a duration extension, even with the concomitant mana cost increase.  A group version would be entertained if it's cost is tuned appropriately.

Defensive side - A per hit spell rune would be nice to see.  Alternately, a chance of spell resist or reflect wouldn't be bad.  Some form of HPs gained would be nice to see back in it, preferably through heroic Stamina so we don't have stacking issues.

Offensive side - a significant number of + heroic strength would work the best I think for this (tuned for a dps boost similar to what was seen in Luclin era).  It wouldn't stack as nicely with most discipline effects, but would stack with hundred hands effects.

2 - too much spell overlap

Pet Heals - We have 2 pet heal AAs, 3 pet runes, and 4 separate pet heal spells.  This is simply ridiculous overkill for a pet that does less dps than a shadowknight pet.  Please drop the Minax's mending line, and add to our Salve of Reshan line to reach that healing potential.  Friendly Pet is also still a largely useless spell.  If the heal doesn't land on the mob's target, it isn't worth casting.  If we reverted back to the Salve line and the Promised Mending line, it would be a sensible situation.  In keeping with our hybrid nature, a cast time reduction on the Salve line would be very well received.

Spiritual Verve line - the mid-range combination of HPs and Attack gets little use.  A secondary effect to make this buff more desireable would be nice.  As it stands, if a ranger or paladin are about, I *never* cast this spell.

Focus of Yemall line - this is our smaller version of Shaman focus, which has overly stagnated.  While we don't expect a buff competitive with shaman, a small version of the overcap stats which they receive would be great.  Shaman focus lines have had stat cap increases since Omens of War with Wunshi's Focusing.  It is certainly time for Beastlords to receive a smaller version of this, to help reduce the buffing ability gap a bit.

3 - cast time reductions
Please reduce timers on all in-combat spells to 0.5 seconds.  This mainly would affect our heal line (Cadmael's Mending), pet heals (Salve of Reshan, etc), and werewolf pet (Yowl at the Moon, Haergen's Feralgia).

4 - Too damn many dps spells to weave
Please consolidate some of our older dps spell lines, and let one version stagnate from now.  As it stands, I keep 9 or 10 dps spells cast on a mob to maximize my dps.  Because of how spread out our power is, a beastlord is more likely to get carpal tunnel syndrome than a bard.

We have two 30 second cold nuke lines, one of which gets updated each exansion.  Please double the power of one, and keep upgrading that one alone...the other one will stagnate rapidly (they're already barely worth casting).  We also have two insta-cast poison and two insta-cast disease DoTs.  Please do something similar to these, so that the previously versions stagnate and aren't worth using (I'm not sure what you could do to block them though, honestly).  This would still leave seven spells to weave, which is still a ridiculous number, but one that is at least somewhat manageable.

5 - Poorly implemented spells
Fellgrip Jaws - let this line die.  If we use the pet slow, we're focusing on the slow, and will care only about the resist mod on the slow.  As is, the line is almost never used and upgrading the DoT won't change that.

Growl of the Jaguar - not poorly implemented, but not worth upgrading now that we have Haergen's Feralgia

Pet Haste - Unrivaled Rapidity is a great spell, but has an almost useless group haste autocast on it.  We asked for years for a group haste, and would still love one, but having a nearly two hour pet buff with a 15 minute (with extension) simply makes no sense.  Having it cost almost 1000 mana to recast, and being tied to our pet makes this even less workable.  Please, at a minimum, increase the timer to be competitive with shammy or chanter haste duration.  Alternate ideas would be increase the duration of our current single-target haste so it lasts ~1hour, implement Aura of Ferocity which was developed but never went live with PoR (best solution imo!), or give us a real separate group 50% haste with base duration the same as enc or shammy.

My personal order of priority out of this list for these to occur:
DPS spell consolidation
Ferocity revamp
Group Haste
Buff upgrades
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Khauruk

6 - Spells that haven't kept up
Player cast heals - our base heal now (rk2) is less than 4% of a reasonably geared grouping beastlord, and even less on a tank class.  I know that the HP inflation isn't necessarily indicative of where the dev team wants players to be, but please, for the love of god, at least double the base heal and double recast timer!

Cripples - our last cripple was received at lvl 54 (incapacitate).  We'd fall over ourselves in happiness to receive the version that shaman got in Omens.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nusa

QuotePlease consolidate some of our older dps spell lines, and let one version stagnate from now.  As it stands, I keep 9 or 10 dps spells cast on a mob to maximize my dps.  Because of how spread out our power is, a beastlord is more likely to get carpal tunnel syndrome than a bard.  Please combine our two poison DoT lines into one spell, and let one stagnate.  Please combine our two disease DoT lines into one spell, and let one stagnate.  Please combine our two 30 second cold nuke lines into one spell, and let one stagnate.  That will still leave seven spells to weave, which is still a ridiculous number, but one that is at least somewhat manageable.

Umm, this summary confuses me, so how could the dev's follow?
What two poison DoT lines? Far as I know, ALL of our poison DoT's are still stackable. Only the last two are instant-cast.
What two disease DoT lines? I'm only aware of one line, which is totally timer-linked.
Then there's one poison DD line, timer-linked.
Two cold DD lines, timer-linked.
Yowl Pets.
And Frozen Venom poison/cold DD from UF.
That's eight. What are the others? Or are you counting clickies or non-spell abilities?

Karve

Quote from: Khauruk on May 26, 2010, 02:03:27 AM
6 - Spells that haven't kept up
Player cast heals - our base heal now (rk2) is less than 4% of a reasonably geared grouping beastlord, and even less on a tank class.  I know that the HP inflation isn't necessarily indicative of where the dev team wants players to be, but please, for the love of god, at least double the base heal and double recast timer!

Cripples - our last cripple was received at lvl 54 (incapacitate).  We'd fall over ourselves in happiness to receive the version that shaman got in Omens.

A ) yes, increase the heal already, the tiny piece we can heal is pointless on a mob which sigle rounds for more than the heal. The recast timer is FINE where it is.

B ) More cripple please.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Khauruk

Quote from: Nusa on May 26, 2010, 06:03:44 AM
Umm, this summary confuses me, so how could the dev's follow?
What two poison DoT lines? Far as I know, ALL of our poison DoT's are still stackable. Only the last two are instant-cast.
What two disease DoT lines? I'm only aware of one line, which is totally timer-linked.
Then there's one poison DD line, timer-linked.
Two cold DD lines, timer-linked.
Yowl Pets.
And Frozen Venom poison/cold DD from UF.
That's eight. What are the others? Or are you counting clickies or non-spell abilities?

Edited.  Can you tell I haven't actually been in game in 2-3 months for more than a moment? :D
Now that I go over it, I don't know what you mean by timer-linked disease DoTs and non-timer linked poison DoTs.  I'd call them all non-timer linked (now that I'm thinking straight).  Sadly, that complicates the matter of letting one stagnate.

10 spells - Haergen's, Yowl, poison nuke, 2 cold nukes, frozen venom, 4 DoTs.
TURNCOAT!!!!!