Main Menu

Am I missing something?

Started by Shadowbeast, May 27, 2010, 04:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowbeast

Hello all,

Trying to figure out how to do more dps on raids.  I am usually in the top ten, but I hope I can do more.  Here is what I do for a full on assault on a single mob (like BB Hard final mob)...

While MT is getting aggro I DoT with:

Tsetian Epidemic
Ikaav Blood rk II
Falrazim's Gnashing Rk III
Bite of the Asp

Then I Yowl rk III and pop as it refreshes

Hit Bestial Fury and attack on assist call, then pound Foray, kick and Feral as they become available.

Then I DD with:

Bite of Vitrik rk III
Frigid Lance Rk II
Frozen Venom Rk II

as they become available

I also BA after Bestial Fury fades, then group BA when that fades.

Should I just not expect to do more DPS than Mages, Wizards, Rangers and Monks (in that order)?

Thanks in advance!

Shadowbeast
Beastlord - 85 - Luclin

Khauruk

If you're in the top 10, you're doing well.  Depending on the fight, you'll be lower or higher than a good monk (longer fights favor BST).  Rangers simply slaughter fights around 3ish minutes right now (iirc on duration) - their dps has gone through the roof lately under certain conditions.  Mages - it depends on the mage.  Good mages can parse really nicely, shitty mages really shittily.  Wizards - you'll essentially never outdps them.

I'd toss in your lower level ice nuke and maybe the other disease DoT if you can deal with timing on it.  Also use BA before BF, if you have rank4 of BA.  I'm assuming you're spamming feral swipe, foray, and kick, and just didn't mention them.

Depending on group make-up, watch for shaman epic click, shaman or bard spires, ranger group guardian (overhaste), ranger auspice, zerker warcry, etc, etc.  Those things will boost your dps hugely when they're all running at the same time.
TURNCOAT!!!!!