Started by Khauruk, June 06, 2010, 08:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

A thread on Evilgamer about them:
http://evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6516

A couple short parses I did just now:
================================================== ==
699 seconds vs. Test 98
I cut it off here since there was no variation in the previous few minutes.
Wiz - balanced - 1126dps
Rog - balanced - 1655dps

So, a few oddities.

Melee merc is not haste-able, it appears. Neither my single target nor my pet-cast group haste (piece of shit spell) would land. It did benefit from the attack on SV even against the Test dummy, so Pred, Str, etc, should be good on it.
Wizard merc can take mana buffs - I had SE on it.
Neither will stress themselves out at all on balanced. 100% mana and 100% endurance the entire time.
The wizard one uses lots of AEs, though I'm wondering if it will do this around mezzed mobs.
Wizard AI is extremely agro concious - casts concussion pretty much whenever it pops. Rogue one much less agro concious...I had to have my sk tank the dummy since kept losing agro to rogue when I wasn't chain casting stuff.

Wizard nuke breakdown:
Test Ninety Eight on 6/6/2010
Vavas - 181
Efficient Fire nuke --- Chaos Combustion Rk. II - 51
Ultra-efficient cold --- Claw of Gorenaire Rk. II - 11
Deagro --- Concussive Flash Rk. II - 40
AE Rain --- Magmatic Eruption Rk. II - 18
Efficient Magic nuke --- Pure Wildmagic Rk. II - 58
PBAE --- Talendor's Presence Rk. II - 3
Produced by GamParse v1.0.2

So, there's lots of room that the wizard merc could grow even on balanced, but I'm guessing it won't be allowed to use any of it's potential. It did make use of the mana regen in SE though, and so I'm guessing it would w/ C as well.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Burn Mode:

When you pop the wizard in burn, it does everything it can from the spells it has. Weaves Inizen's Fire and Ethereal Combustion until it's out of mana, hits Harvest to go back up to 50% mana, drops back down 0. From there it seems to have 3 modes. 1 would alternate between using very low mana nukes, another weaving Chaos Combustion and Inizen's for a while and regen mana, and lastly medding between Ethereal Combustions. It would so these until Serene Harvest re-popped and would burn from 50 mana to 0.

On burn mode all deagro went away, and it started w/ 11k agro spells from the word go, so this could be risky. It was able to maintain about 1400dps after it blew it's initial wad (w/ SE, so lower w/o and higher w/ C).

The rogue seems to mainly just add in poisons to the mix, which my parser did not pick up. However, I'm guessing it's the 5986/proc version of Bite of the Shissar Strike from Lucy, which procced about once every 40 seconds, which would be ~150dps. Burn appears to be infinitely sustainable from the rogue practically...it was over 80 end still at 14 minutes. The rogue will cast Aggravated Bloodlust II as well it appears. Group Bestial Alignment would land on the rogue for a 30% damage boost, though with hearing that Group Guardian, Champion, Lynx, Bard songs, etc, not landing, I'm guessing that's an oversight.

So, over 800 seconds, that puts the wiz at 1564dps (was 2500dps until it's first manabar was gone) and the rogue at about 1838dps, and both have a bit of room to grow from buffs.

Wizard - higher burn, lower sustained, minimal sustained agro, high burn agro.
Rogue - lower burn, more sustained, more sustained agro, lower burn agro, and more general risk of death from being in melee range.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nusa

Real question will be performance on real-world mobs and situations. Unlikely to use them myself, since I'm DPS and my box is DPS (mage), so cleric mercs remain the most useful.

Khauruk

I don't expect them to see too much use.  I could see somebody who 3-boxes using them if they have a healer as one of those boxes, but if I had 3 non-healer boxes, I'd probably rather use a 3rd healing merc, honestly.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zunar

I reckon knights and healers might go for those...the rest would likely keep the cleric merc.

Tank merc is probably what most healers use atm...but they don't tank good enough in Underfoot mid/higher tiers anyways so I can see them using dps over tank merc.

leveling up new chars might be where the dps mercs become mostly useful.

Khauruk

Quote from: Zunar on June 06, 2010, 09:56:53 PM

That's what I'm wondering.  I know the tank mercs do pretty huge dps and tank awesome levelling up.  I'm wondering if these do more dps, and tank not quite as good, they might be an even faster way to level.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Camikazi

Quote from: Khauruk on June 06, 2010, 10:27:46 PM
Quote from: Zunar on June 06, 2010, 09:56:53 PM

That's what I'm wondering.  I know the tank mercs do pretty huge dps and tank awesome levelling up.  I'm wondering if these do more dps, and tank not quite as good, they might be an even faster way to level.
Quick leveling will be melee DPS merc on burn (so they won't turn off attack when they get aggro) with anyone else. Chances are these guys have close to the same mitigation as the tank and cleric, so should work well.

Sikkem

I just watched the video and apparently once I get a caster dps merc I can solo big lava guys  :-o

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Brane

So the question is, how will they react with several mobs in camp, will they stop using AEs? Will they use AEs but stonp as soon as some are mezzed?

Quote from: Sikkem on June 07, 2010, 01:04:35 AM
I just watched the video and apparently once I get a caster dps merc I can solo big lava guys  :-o

You solo with a merc out... sure

Grbage

That's some mighty funny soloing you are doing or do you mean moloing?
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Sikkem

Quote from: Grbage on June 07, 2010, 02:10:08 PM

Molo, lol. I wouldn't really know, I have a cleric in case I need to rezz peeps but apart from that I box so I never really needed to make a distinction.
What do you call it if you kill something solo but have others buffs on? Bolo? I remember when that wasn't considered soloing, is it now?

A matter of semantics either way isn't it? Unless that merc is incredible dps I am not going to be moloing those big lava dudes. Or can you guys tank that much better that you don't need a healer to tank in UF?

And just for clarification, with my gear and AA's I couldn't tank in UF with a cleric merc let alone a dps merc.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Hzath

I can tank T6 without a cleric merc but I have to cast so many heals it isn't worth dropping the merc because the fights drag on so long.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Grbage

Quote from: Sikkem on June 07, 2010, 08:34:11 PM
Quote from: Grbage on June 07, 2010, 02:10:08 PM

Not really a matter of semantics because solo is quite different then using a cleric merc. That distinction needs to be made to judge how easy/hard content is. As for the lava dudes, I've tanked them with a mage friend and two cleric mercs and man do they hurt me. Sad part is if I die he just finished them off with his pet.
Molo, lol. I wouldn't really know, I have a cleric in case I need to rezz peeps but apart from that I box so I never really needed to make a distinction.
What do you call it if you kill something solo but have others buffs on? Bolo? I remember when that wasn't considered soloing, is it now?

A matter of semantics either way isn't it? Unless that merc is incredible dps I am not going to be moloing those big lava dudes. Or can you guys tank that much better that you don't need a healer to tank in UF?

And just for clarification, with my gear and AA's I couldn't tank in UF with a cleric merc let alone a dps merc.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv