Main Menu

Beastlord Burst DPS

Started by Inphared, May 10, 2010, 02:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazame

Upgrade

EF and BA these are our burn disc and by putting them will boost our Burn DPS.

Give us a new AA like SK/Zeker got that locks out our other abilitys while in that forum but increasses our DPS to 8-9K  it would let us click that add not have spam click boosting our short term DPS it would also let use our other burn disc on a 2nd target

Fero = Revamp it to add  +crit% mod and + base damage in place of the +attack that dose almost nothing and that to could then be use to help our Burn dps.

I think doing those 4 things would being us up to where we should be for burn DPS.

Warder would be nice but again that more over time dps not burst dps

Hzath

Full burning spell+dot damage can easily break 4000 dps for 2-3minutes.  Let's consider that they probably won't give us an ability that powerful so avoid asking for things that will lock out a huge chunk of our damage.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Mazame

Quote from: Hzath on May 10, 2010, 08:19:57 PM
Full burning spell+dot damage can easily break 4000 dps for 2-3minutes.  Let's consider that they probably won't give us an ability that powerful so avoid asking for things that will lock out a huge chunk of our damage.

Full burning short term disc ( 10 min or less ) and spells  I avg 4.5k to 6 k dps for up to 5 min window.   if I pop all disc and stack with shamy click I broken 10k on 3-5 min named fights in tower.  asking for 8-9k burn disc on a say 30 min reuse so that fights like event 4 or 6 in tower we can  use normal burn on one and the lock out burn on the other  I don't think is OP or asking to much all it means is on an event we have a 1 click burn and then a multi click burn and we can use them on diffrent targets in the event.

Hzath

Sorry, I meant JUST the spell damage is 4000 dps.  I'm normally 12-13k for everything, spells just make up 3-4k of every burn.  

Edit:  I really hope we aren't getting our hopes up and that he doesn't give us a proc or something like paladins got.  Better to dream big though I guess.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Khauruk

Quote from: Hzath on May 11, 2010, 04:28:31 AM
Sorry, I meant JUST the spell damage is 4000 dps.  I'm normally 12-13k for everything, spells just make up 3-4k of every burn. 

Edit:  I really hope we aren't getting our hopes up and that he doesn't give us a proc or something like paladins got.  Better to dream big though I guess.

Well, I PMed him this thread on eq forums, and asked him to pop over and give us a better idea of what he's looking at so we can feed him what we'd like to see.

Hopefully he will.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zunar

I guess it would make sense that this burst dps is directly tied to our weapon ratio, by giving greater returns to high end raiding. (it has been said a couple times now that in mid-tier lower dps guilds our dps is still able to compete...atleast up to a point)

Just boosting Empathic Fury/ Bestial Alignment would do this...be it by adding more to crits/modifiers, or even adding flurry chances to it, the impact from these disc/AA would benefit you more, the higher ratio weapons you have equipped. Imo, as it should be.

The problem is bsts dps hasn't been as weapon dependant as other melee/hybrids are, so we get much less returns from weapon upgrades too, in comparison to other classes :/

Because of this handicap with weapons, our discs need to be much more powerful than melees discs are, because we attack less times than them, and gain much less returns from a burn disc.

wildwaters

looking at some info from short parses camikazi ran I'd sya bump double and tripple attack caps in addition to upgrading our discs.

bradam

How about some kinda oversized pet rhino that does has 100k+ hp like the chanter phant-something pet and does massive damage, useable once an hour ish?

Adjust its dps against the pet focus level you have to keep the dps lower for groupers?

Might as well keep it entertaining!

Khauruk

Quote from: bradam on May 11, 2010, 03:25:42 PM
How about some kinda oversized pet rhino that does has 100k+ hp like the chanter phant-something pet and does massive damage, useable once an hour ish?

Adjust its dps against the pet focus level you have to keep the dps lower for groupers?

Please, no more oversized anything.  Our current AA swarm pet is too big even.  There's just too damn many pets and swarm pets in game currently anyways.  Lack of ability to control swarm pets makes me cringe too.

Please 25ish minute reuse timer so it us useable essentially every raid target.

If they could make it so we can give it an attack command and kept it very small, I'd probably like it more than enough.  But, that first one requires significant code time :(
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

I thought up of an idea that sounds interesting, even though it is sort of a stolen mechanic. Also just thinking out loud.

Rogues have backstab damage on their weapons, and I was thinking we could get sort of a "feral" damage mark on the HTH weapons that we get (or Torment, if you're in group content). It wouldn't do anything normally, but if you then hit a discipline (or AA or whatever) it gave you the ability to tap into that damage and you could frequently make a damage check against that damage number for high damage values.

Ideally this would be just a "hit one button and it does the work" thing but who knows. I don't see why rogues have to be the only class centered around a seperate damage table.

Alternatively we could ask for something much like the Monks/Berserkers have, Calanin's Synergy/Overpowering Frenzy. Foray damage, or Feral Swipe damage, that applies a debuff that makes those abilities hit even harder.

Elidroth

Keep in mind I'm limited to working within the AA system. Spells/Discs need to go through Aristo for adjustments.

Bumkus

Welcome to the Den, Elidroth.  Don't be a stranger.

Can you just update BA to like 400% damage mod?

Also, I find myself looking at you in a new light with your name being posted right under Inphared's signature like that.  Gotta say I'm kinda creepin' myself out.

Elidroth

Also, one of the issues we have is Beastlords (in our testing) seem to be better off in the group game, but in a bad way in the raid game. The problem of course is, adding value to the raid side, without blowing the group side out of balance.

It's absolutely on my radar, but not something I can likely make drastic changes to until the expansion.

Bumkus

Quote from: Elidroth on May 12, 2010, 07:26:26 PM
Also, one of the issues we have is Beastlords (in our testing) seem to be better off in the group game, but in a bad way in the raid game. The problem of course is, adding value to the raid side, without blowing the group side out of balance.

It's absolutely on my radar, but not something I can likely make drastic changes to until the expansion.

By "in our testing" I assume you mean sustained dps and burst dps outside of all the multiplicative effects you might see in a raid burn.

I agree we are ok in terms of sustain and non-assisted burst, but don't equate that with being ok in the group game.  We are still one of those "other" classes you use to fill out a group with after the necessary spots are filled.  I'd wager that bst and rog are the 2 classes most hard pressed to try to build a group from scratch.  ("Bst forming group, looking for more.  Just need tank, healer and cc, then good to go.")  This problem is the result with being worse than at least 2 other classes at everything we do, SE and Paragon not withstanding, and also being a melee class that must deal with the full brunt of mob dps.

This in not as much a problem with boxing bst or bst that already run with a crew, but it's a death trap for up and coming bst and it is one of the reasons we have a lower than average retention rate (unless you can show numbers that our retention rate is better than Aaneras' analysis showed on the eq forums.)

I don't want to derail this conversation because burst dps at end-game is probably the single most pressing issue right now, but I do want to leave the door open to improving our role in a group setting.  Don't be shy about about increasing dps at the group level also, unless you guys are making plans to reintroduce utility back into the class.

Khauruk

Thanks for taking the invite, Elidroth.
TURNCOAT!!!!!