Main Menu

Beastlord Burst DPS

Started by Inphared, May 10, 2010, 02:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazame

Quote from: wildwaters on May 17, 2010, 12:46:24 AM
I did some half hour parses on my beast against a 98 level dummy this weekend. I used self focus/sv/se and unrivaled. Since wildwaters only has about 2600 aa I reset them and bought all melee aa. Then I did 30 minutes of melee and then 30 minutes of bestial with freeze buffs. The average hit didnt quite double.

Now that was just pure melee with no extra mods and no pet.

Thinking about how beastlords burn you'd have to bump that 100% all skills mod up quite a bit to make enough of a difference to call it burst dps. You'd have to bump it up to the point where it would cost you damage to nuke while under bestial alignment.

Why not combine the mod on bestial with a spell oriented damage mod and just give us one more ability? Being able to use bestial alignment, empathic fury and another aa would put us about where we'd need to be I think.

Maybe a 1 minute and 20 second long ability that increases Increases All Skills Damage Modifier by 150%, the minumum damage by 150% and a spell component that increases all spells chance to crit and a chance to increase the damage done. Call it Feral Infusion or something.

That would fix our burst issues without us having to change how we dps to encompass higher melee mods.

Uping BA to the point where we would pick not caste spells would be OP. it would also not play into who we are. we melee / cast If i wanted to just cast I would of made a caster and if I wanted to just melee I would have made a pure melee. tuning one side or the other is not a path I would want to go down.

If you read my post above you would see I asked for 3rd spire to be changed to a Spell Focus so that it would stack with EF / BA.  adding this would bump our spell dps but as it stand the DPS from our spells are not that bad

Maybe a 1 minute and 20 second long ability that increases Increases All Skills Damage Modifier by 150%, the minumum damage by 150% and a spell component that increases all spells chance to crit and a chance to increase the damage done. Call it Feral Infusion or something.

if you check with other dps  most BURN disc are less then 1 min long asking for longer disc to me is not Burn it a duration disc. having BA/EF/BF all changed to 1 min is plenty. Also I would prefer to rework our current AA rather then adding another button to click. I have enough to click that I can't get them all in before other refresh

Keep in mind we are not ment to be top dps. yes our burn needs improvement but making it too high and it will be unbalanced and over kill

Bumkus

I'm ok with upping BA and EF, even if it means choosing not to cast while discing.  Really I think we are there already and it will get worse with higher ratio weapons.  Right now I focus more on insta-dots when under disc.  A long term fix would be to make all our nukes instant as well.

BA and EF adjustments are the most straightforward fixes, as they just require a single value change with no code support.

And Wildwaters I think the reason you are not seeing exactly 100% damage mod is that the boost does not apply to damage bonus, or something like that.  I remember when testing GBA that the % increase was a little less than stated and I think it tied back to damage bonus.  Was a long time ago and I don't have my spreadsheet in front of me.

Sikkem

Quote from: Bumkus on May 17, 2010, 11:07:05 PM
BA and EF adjustments are the most straightforward fixes, as they just require a single value change with no code support.
Has one small problem.
Quote from: Elidroth on May 12, 2010, 05:51:03 PM
Keep in mind I'm limited to working within the AA system. Spells/Discs need to go through Aristo for adjustments.
So changes to BA and FoS maybe?

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Bumkus

Quote from: Sikkem on May 17, 2010, 11:15:44 PM
Quote from: Bumkus on May 17, 2010, 11:07:05 PM
Has one small problem.
Quote from: Elidroth on May 12, 2010, 05:51:03 PM
Keep in mind I'm limited to working within the AA system. Spells/Discs need to go through Aristo for adjustments.
So changes to BA and FoS maybe?
Sorry.  Good catch.  Your right that EF is not an AA.

So yea, BA for sure.  FoS is interesting and I had not thought about that.

So, increase BA %

Add something useful to FoS besides ATK, like overhaste.  This lasts 8 tics, so FoS would be enough to cover duration of BA and EF.  Using FoS would allow them to spread out the burst over a slightly longer period than if they just jacked up BA all by itself.

We would need to be careful not to add mods to FoS that are availible through Glyphs, Circle of Power Clicks, Shm Epic, etc, otherwise it won't end up being a raid burster at all.

Inphared

Quote from: Inphared on May 12, 2010, 03:18:44 PM
Alternatively we could ask for something much like the Monks/Berserkers have, Calanin's Synergy/Overpowering Frenzy. Foray damage, or Feral Swipe damage, that applies a debuff that makes those abilities hit even harder.

Dilgartownguard

could add a very large triple attack mod to FoS

Hzath

We should also be looking at a frenzied burnout type AA with a pet only massive damage mod+other stuff.  Fastish (7-15minute) refresh and short (18-48second) duration.

Edit: I still support my ideas from page 1.  However, a +crit chance change to 3rd spire would not be a terrible idea.  When I use 7th (once a night, for the spell crit chance) I get "competitive" but still behind other classes; without 7th the gap widens noticeably.  A 3rd spire with a nice spell crit chance would make the "competitive" numbers available much more often.

Also, spell casting is not negative dps.  Yowl is getting close, but nukes are definitely a large portion of our dps still.  I get a solid 20-35% of my <3minute burn dps, 2-5k depending on group / buffs / abilities used, from nukes.  

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Mazame

if were looking at 10 min disc .. I say 3rd spire being switch over to a casting mod would be my #1 choice that way it stacks with everything .

Hzath

I would be overjoyed if 3rd spire got copy/pasted into exactly what mage/druid first spire are, 15/18/21 % crit chance each rank.  Lucy doesn't show any stacking conflicts either.

EDIT:
Also, Shadowknights and Rangers both also have ways they give themselves +20%  spell crit chance (first spire and auspice).
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Bumkus

Quote from: Hzath on May 18, 2010, 10:16:49 PM
I would be overjoyed if 3rd spire got copy/pasted into exactly what mage/druid first spire are, 15/18/21 % crit chance each rank.  Lucy doesn't show any stacking conflicts either.
Circle of Power effect already increases chance to crit with melee and spells.  CoP is availible even on OMM weapon now.  Do increased crit % stack?

Hzath

In short, if the spell crit chance is in a different slot the +% will stack.  More details here:

http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=184

I linked it a while back, but I can't remember which area.

nedoirah

When Elidroth mentioned AA I immediately thought of Feral Swipe and threw in Foray as an afterthought. I only mentioned them because of their 30 sec reuse timers.

Since we are limiting to AA and burst dps, let's look at Bestial Alignment or an alternative to it that works in the same principle as bestial frenzy/empathic fury. Give it a 5 or 10 min reuse timer.

Or

Look at our shaman side and find a comfortable caster-type burst ability.

Some ability that say doubles or triples our melee or spell damage output for 12 secs reused every 5 mins for double or 6 secs every 10 mins for triple.

Khauruk

If we ask for a 10 minute reuse timer, the ability won't do a whole heck of a lot.  Especially if it's melee based.  And, there's no real burst dps ability that shammies have for casting.  They are endurance, not speed.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Mazame

FoS is already 10-12 min reuse is all i was saying

Grbage

Quote from: Khauruk on May 19, 2010, 02:00:25 AM
If we ask for a 10 minute reuse timer, the ability won't do a whole heck of a lot.  Especially if it's melee based.  And, there's no real burst dps ability that shammies have for casting.  They are endurance, not speed.

A couple weeks ago I would of agreed with you. Now that they are toying with a mechanism to reset disc during raids I'm not so sure.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv