Main Menu

General AA Revamp

Started by Sikkem, May 17, 2010, 10:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sikkem

QuoteElidroth wrote:

So pretty much across the board classes have too many hotkeys. This makes the game more like whack-a-mole than playing a RPG. Obviously I want to minimize the amount of activated AAs there are, but this creates the problem of not being able to deliver much in the way of really cool or powerful new abilities, as we can't leave them passive.

I have a few ideas I'm toying with to help this problem, but none of them will be easy or quick to implement. I'm posting this more just to let players know I'm aware of the problem and looking into how to fix it.

One thing that would help, is if you could talk to your Community Leaders and give them lists of the AAs you commonly use together with others. For example, you never use Ability A without also using Ability B. 

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Hzath

The problem for me personally isn't the AAs, it's the item clicks.  I also like being able to mix things up based on the situational demands, I would probably get bored with an easy button I click every 12 seconds.

Some examples of generally stacked abilities:

Normal damage key - foray, feral swipe, chameleon strike, kick, bite of the asp.  The 2 deagro AAs get taken off when trying to tank, so a permanent combining I wouldn't be a fan of.

I normally use BP click, spire, attack of the warders at once; 10 min refresh makes it a pretty natural combo.  The issue is I don't always use the same spire, and I can't put the item click in the hotbutton line (at least that I know of).

Clicking Circle of Power with Bestial Alignment almost always happens too, again the item issue.  This one isn't so bad because sometimes I'll just hit it at the start of a burn to be safe.

I wouldn't mind raven's claw and roar of thunder to be combined, I will typically use asp unless I really want a mean mob debuffed in which case I'll use those together.

Frenzy of Spirit being combined with both EF and BA would be the one I want the most, it lasts long enough to cover both of their durations and has a shorter refresh than either one.

BA+OoW bp get clicked together, bp just before technically.  BP is only a 5 minute refresh, and an item though.

MGB auto firing paragon wouldn't be bad.

Pact of the wurine, perfected levitation, group shrinkx2, natural invis (who's with me?)

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

bobokatt1970

So if I understand, at least for BST's, they are considering taking certain AA's, discs, and just combining the effects?

Anyhow, I agree with Hzath, it's the combination of AA's, discs and all the freaking clickies I've accumulated over the years that really add up.  Add the constant weave of 2 ice, 1 poison and 2 dots which I always use and I feel like a bard in the old days.

If it's aa's though or whatever they want to change, would it mean we lose some of the current discs or aa's and they combine them into one? I mean if that is the case, now we get the flip side that we can't spread out or abilities over long periods of time... so we get one big bang and then are left with nothing? I mean if that is what I understand.  I might be off.

Still I have more hotkeys than I know what to do with. So many that I have my UI and profile backed up like 5 times since if I lose it somehow from a crash I would be lost trying to reconfigure it the way it was.

Camikazi

This suggestion is not really for our class, since we don't really have many stacking abilities (one reason our burst DPS is lacking to begin with) it's more for classes like Rogues, Monks and Rangers who click 4-5 AAs and a disc or 2 at one time since all stack. For us really Foray and Feral Swipe, then Asp and Chameleon (need them separate for those who tank). Then maybe Frenzy with outrMain disc or BA (BTW Frenzy is way overdue for an upgrade) and maybe Wurine with Lev and shrink like Hzath said, although not everyone likes to shrink so might not be great either. Aside from that really not many we have that would save much space, at least not AAs/discs.

Grbage

Elidroth is hearing a lot of complaints about clicks from all classes so he's looking to see what if anything he can do.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Zunar

Well... it's probably some work, but maybe hotbuttons could be upgraded, to be able to include more information, like clickies, AAs and Discs, in any combination desired...clicky items would work inside a bag too, and not only top slot ofc.

But I have doubts we will see this happen, and even if we do, probably not anytime soon...

I agree that there's not alot of AAs that could be combined for bsts, because of just that...the stacking issues.

We don't have alot of discs to speak of...but more so AAs, and many of those are situational, so I wouldn't like to limit their use for one purpose only personally.

Maybe Frenzy could be linked with our disc etc, but then again...since it has a lower reuse timer, some might wanna use frenzy again before the longer disc timer is up.

We need more abilities that stack, and have the same timer then :)

bobokatt1970

Being able to click stuff from inventory bags, and map that to hot buttons would be amazing.. if that ever happens.

bradam

Quote from: Hzath on May 18, 2010, 08:37:30 AM

Pact of the wurine, perfected levitation, group shrinkx2, natural invis (who's with me?)

you know i could go on a raid and probably sit around doing nothing the entire time and no one would say much..  but holy he!! if i group shrink someone always comes unglued  lol

wtb Grow aa  =)

Old Keg

Quote from: bobokatt1970 on May 19, 2010, 06:36:48 PM
Being able to click stuff from inventory bags, and map that to hot buttons would be amazing.. if that ever happens.

Or at least potion belt.

Caurion

I have to agree that some sort of potion belt for clickes would help me out tremendously. I am rarely in a dps group on raids so honestly I could really care less what AAs get combo'd.

tmkeehn

Hey, this is Daus from eqboards...don't know why I made my name this when I made the acct....anyway!

Autofire kick is probably the only thing Eli would be considering.  He's mentioned that he doesn't want to add any "special ability" (Not sure if kick is considered special) to it.  That nixes Foray and Feral Swipe right off the bat, and I know we all use that as much as possible.

I'd love to see Chamelon's dmg/aggro reducer combined with our Asp/Claw/Stun line.  They're both quick refreshes and I'd rather spam the 1 button than the 2.

Hzath, there is an easy way to combine SF with BA and EF if you set up your burn keys correctly.  I don't know the alt act # off the top of my head, but just make your hotkeys...

/pause 3, /alt act ## (Spirit Frenzy)
/disc Empathic Fury   OR  /alt act ## (BA)

I'm sure you already know, but that's what I have set up.  My burn key also has Intensity of the Resolute, then SF, then EF since 7th gives > than Auspice and CoP.
Dausheit Goldeneyes
Cohort Chalybeius
Cazic

Camikazi

Quote from: tmkeehn on June 10, 2010, 02:50:17 PM
Hey, this is Daus from eqboards...don't know why I made my name this when I made the acct....anyway!

Autofire kick is probably the only thing Eli would be considering.  He's mentioned that he doesn't want to add any "special ability" (Not sure if kick is considered special) to it.  That nixes Foray and Feral Swipe right off the bat, and I know we all use that as much as possible.

I'd love to see Chamelon's dmg/aggro reducer combined with our Asp/Claw/Stun line.  They're both quick refreshes and I'd rather spam the 1 button than the 2.

Hzath, there is an easy way to combine SF with BA and EF if you set up your burn keys correctly.  I don't know the alt act # off the top of my head, but just make your hotkeys...

I'm sure you already know, but that's what I have set up.  My burn key also has Intensity of the Resolute, then SF, then EF since 7th gives > than Auspice and CoP.

Could also combine Chameleon and Asp/Raven into one button, since I have trained myself to always hit the 1 button (was where I had kick when I started) I just make a macro there to hit kick, Foray, Feral Swipe, Chameleon and Asp at once, makes for a rather large opening damage button and keeps all down at all times since I instinctively hit the button all the time anyway.

Karve

Quote from: Camikazi on June 10, 2010, 05:38:51 PM
Quote from: tmkeehn on June 10, 2010, 02:50:17 PM

Could also combine Chameleon and Asp/Raven into one button, since I have trained myself to always hit the 1 button (was where I had kick when I started) I just make a macro there to hit kick, Foray, Feral Swipe, Chameleon and Asp at once, makes for a rather large opening damage button and keeps all down at all times since I instinctively hit the button all the time anyway.

wtb your button, pst (or post whats in it please.. I have kick, foray, feral in it already but need to add the asp and chameleon

Professional Mad Bastard.

Zunar

My button I use number 2 key...looks like this:

/doability 9   (which is kick for me)
/pause 1, /alt act 247   (feral swipe)
/pause 1, /disc Foray Rk. III
/pause 1, /alt act 11080   (Chameleon Strike)
/pause 1, /alt act 986   (Bite of the Asp, Raven's Claw is 987 instead)

Roar of Thunder didn't quite fit in there anymore, so I just mash it when needed...
It's on a longer timer too, and not that much needed now imo

In addition to this I use a FD hotbutton that looks like this:
/pause 5, alt act 11073   (Feign Death)
/pause 2, /stand
/pause 1, /pet target
/assist
/attack on

The second hotbutton uses FD, stands up, and assists the pet for target and resumes meleeing. Drops some agro too if/when needed..

Hope this helps. Not sure of the pause timers generally...it may need to be changed depending on your ping numbers.

nedoirah

Quote from: Zunar on June 11, 2010, 01:33:53 PM
My button I use number 2 key...looks like this:

/doability 9   (which is kick for me)
/pause 1, /alt act 247   (feral swipe)
/pause 1, /disc Foray Rk. III
/pause 1, /alt act 11080   (Chameleon Strike)
/pause 1, /alt act 986   (Bite of the Asp, Raven's Claw is 987 instead)

Roar of Thunder didn't quite fit in there anymore, so I just mash it when needed...
It's on a longer timer too, and not that much needed now imo

In addition to this I use a FD hotbutton that looks like this:
/pause 5, alt act 11073   (Feign Death)
/pause 2, /stand
/pause 1, /pet target
/assist
/attack on

Does that actually work? Can you really multiple line commands?