Main Menu

Loping Plains

Started by Zerini, June 10, 2010, 03:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerini

Hi all,

I am a returning player with a level 80 BST and about 1100 AAs.  I went to Loping Plains today for the first time... and had an unfortunate encounter with a zombie there.

Is LP a place that an 80 BST can solo?  The bears are amiable to me, would they be something to consider fighting?  I would not wish to ruin good faction, but it may be worth it.

Any help is great appreciated...:)

Zerini

PS:  Anyone here on Druzzil Ro?

Hzath

It's going to depend a lot on what gear level you have, if you grab a cleric mercenary you should be fine even on multiple pulls until you get comfortable and learn what you can handle.

Fighting the animals will not hurt your faction with them at all, there are bears/frogs/crocs and the animals are, in general, the easier mobs to kill in the zone.  Watch out for wanderers though!

I'm on the Xegony server, but there are server merges coming in the next 2 weeks so I'll be joining you soon.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Karve

I'd say not really, I came back and went to loping at about 80, and got torn to pieces. Worgs and orcs teher are quite viscious, so gear would really make teh decision for you, if full raid gear at 80, probably ok, if casual grouper gear, take friends.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Kakan

I'm a local on Druzzil, I just don't chime in to often.

Fastest way to get exp out of LP would be to get the kill 20 goblin tasks, there are 2 of them you can stack together. Then just kill at the goblin fort, they aren't to bad to do.

Karve

Thats a good point, there are 2 tasks from tyrinham(sp) near the dock in loping, kill 20 worgs and kill 20 orcs, these will definitely help you gain exp here quickly, both have no lockouts either.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Carnivac

Quote from: Zerini on June 10, 2010, 03:55:19 AM
Hi all,

I am a returning player with a level 80 BST and about 1100 AAs.  I went to Loping Plains today for the first time... and had an unfortunate encounter with a zombie there.

Is LP a place that an 80 BST can solo?  The bears are amiable to me, would they be something to consider fighting?  I would not wish to ruin good faction, but it may be worth it.

Any help is great appreciated...:)

Zerini

PS:  Anyone here on Druzzil Ro?
No way solo their at 80.   Must be nearly 3 years ago when I was their with my 80 Cleric it was ok to dual box if you do single pulls of Worgs, that was with I think 28 ranks in both CA/CS or whatever was the max back then, I was in full player made Elegant Armor with Sublime Slot 11 Augments, a couple of slots had Last Bloods as well.

My advice would be to grab a Cleric Merc and see what you can do.
Carnivac - Iksar Beastlord
Founder Member of United Kingdoms
"Its not the destination that matters, its the journey"
My Opinions Are My Own!

Khauruk

1100 AAs with a cleric merc should be pretty trivial.  I had no problems there w/ a 75 cleric or 73ish druid when I was 78 or so doing worgs or gators, if they were single.  I was using anguish weapons at the time, so fights were long, but both the gear and weapons available in teh bazaar are far superior than I had at the time.

Now keep in mind though, this will be less xp than other zones possibly once that merc is out.  Gators have 120k hit points, whereas Vald is 60ish khp I think, and RSS is 42-45khp.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

nedoirah

I used to camp the nightstalker goblins in loping plains at level 80. I had a camp of 5 goblins on a 10 min respawn timer that I would pull constantly. With a lvl 80 cleric and a mage (that was levelled there from 63 to 77) I did fairly well. So much so that guildies started making jokes that I was buying a piece of land from SoE in LP. They conned DB to me.

When you zone in, head down the ramp (just past the camp) to the right then keep going straight. Don't follow the ramp back around. Kind of head a little towards the left at the orc camp. If you cross the river you've gone to far left. You should se a second orc camp. (you're almost there) hit the wall and turn left. You should see the nightstalker goblins. Follow the wall a little bit till you see a small tower on the left. just past it is 2 bushes. that is the camp. right by the pillar is a nightstalker sentry then just straight out from that one is another. turn to the right and a third one is right by the big tree. turn 180 (so you're facing the small tower you just passed) there's goblin #4. Head in that direction and circle the camp till you see a sentry standing between 2 tents. that's #5. No need to break the camp and only occassionally does anything wander through there.

Easy to camp.

Khauruk

Oh yeah, Zombies...when you zone in from Steamfont, be lev'ed, and just run over the top of them.  They won't agro you from that high up.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Grbage

Have to agree with Khauruk, I never found LP to be that great of xp solo. Mobs just took to long to kill.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Khauruk

Quote from: Grbage on June 11, 2010, 02:13:15 PM
Have to agree with Khauruk, I never found LP to be that great of xp solo. Mobs just took to long to kill.

The only class it's great for imo is druid, and maybe enchanter (charm kiting).  Necros loved it at the time, but that's mostly probably since it's easy as pie for kiting.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Mardag

I haven't played EQ since Underfoot came out, was just checking site for old memories.  I found LP crocs pretty good.  My Beastlord took about 60-90 seconds a kill and could easily do 4-5 AA with a cleric merc running and vet.  My Druid could easily do 10-15 AA an hour there as well by charm kiting 7-8 crocs at a time.  My Necro was also extremely fast there.  I brought my Necro there while crocs were still red and got almost 45% a kill AA with vet running and kills were extremly fast.  I actually found it easiest with my Beastlord and Druid there because no animals would agro them where my Necro had to constantly watch out for bears and frogs which were kos though my Necro killed extremely fast.

I took my Beastlord to RSS and unless I got more then 4 mobs at a time I had zero problems.  I would usually grab 3-4 at a time on purpose since they died so fast.  Once my Beastlord hit 83 they all turned green, except named, and the experience was horrid in RSS.  Crocs were still DB as crocs are level 78.  I never leveled above 83 and as I wasn't a raider and was in a small guild.  Since my guildies were telling me UF mobs were hitting up to 4k, which I had no way to handle as I prefer to solo, I quit EQ.  I might come back though as I still have 10 unused 30 day game cards I bought before UF was released.

Inphared

Keep in mind that Loping Plains is a hotzone now.

Mardag

Yeah I read that today.  I haven't played EQ for about a year since I was very angry about the UF expansion and haven't kept current on the game.  I was just bored and thought I would check out the old Beastlord site.  When I read on here and guildies told me that mobs were hitting for 4k and I only had 22k total I decided I had enough of EQ.  That and the fact it could take me 1-2 months of factioning just to get a single spell.  By the time I got the faction to get my Rk2 78 poison nuke I was level 83 and now had to faction to get that spell.  I always found that incredibly stupid that you could need weeks or months to get a single spell for a casual player.

Nusa

Of course, the latest expansion is rarely the best place to go for soloing. Pretty much as a rule.