Main Menu

Differnet warders to choose from

Started by bradam, June 10, 2010, 04:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradam

Here's an idea I was pondering in light of the vet forums post of Which class do you despise the most..

What if each beastlord race could summon any of the warder models and the differnet models did different things?

Like say summoning the bear warder would be best tank, gator warder would be best backstabber dps, wolf warder was a nuker etc?

Rile the mages up a little prolly..    :evil:

Dilgartownguard

No one would choose the scaled wolf because it's bugged.

Grbage

Gator? I wish, it's a basilik now so give it stuns.

Really it would work for us as well as it does mages. One pet would end up being the best all around pet so used 95% of the time.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

bradam

The one positive is we could aruge for exact copies of the mage pets, just with a different graphic to keep the up with the lore.   :-D

Blarp

Khauruk

I don't see our "dps" pet being particularly strong enough to live through anything in a raid, or heck, even a top tier group mob hit, if we separate out our pets.

If this happens, the dps pet needs to be a badger or wolverine though....
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Brane

Quote from: bradam on June 10, 2010, 07:17:20 PM
The one positive is we could aruge for exact copies of the mage pets, just with a different graphic to keep the up with the lore.   :-D

I am sure SOE will agree to that, once you switch to cloth armor, loose all melee and mitigation, and get rid of slow.....

Khauruk

Quote from: Brane on June 11, 2010, 06:06:34 AM
The one positive is we could aruge for exact copies of the mage pets, just with a different graphic to keep the up with the lore.   :-D

I am sure SOE will agree to that, once you switch to cloth armor, loose all melee and mitigation, and get rid of slow.....

If this is what it would take, I'm at the point where I'd accept class changes away from Beastlord.  I'm sure others are as well, given how many around here are rolling up toons as a wait and see for this beta.  I'd gladly take a similarly geared Ranger, mage, or enc w/ my AA count to spend. :P
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zunar

Imo beastlord warders should tank twice better than mage pets...because we can't utilize our dps when the warder is tanking anyways, and the warder has crap dps...so who cares if it can tank well when it isn't used in the actual gameplay :P

When bsts solo, the pet is supposed to be able to survive a while on it's own, so we can step back to heal ourselves...which worked just fine in the past, but today the pet is too weak :/

Camikazi

Quote from: Brane on June 11, 2010, 06:06:34 AM

Parse a Mage with a shield and Shield Block against a dual wielding Beastlord in similar gear and see just how much mitigation we have over them :P

Karve

Quote from: Zunar on June 11, 2010, 07:45:19 AM
Imo beastlord warders should tank twice better than mage pets...because we can't utilize our dps when the warder is tanking anyways, and the warder has crap dps...so who cares if it can tank well when it isn't used in the actual gameplay :P

When bsts solo, the pet is supposed to be able to survive a while on it's own, so we can step back to heal ourselves...which worked just fine in the past, but today the pet is too weak :/

its not only the pet which is too weak, our heal , bleh.

Professional Mad Bastard.

bradam

The extra possibly/probably never used pets wouldn't really matter, the point is we'd have warders equal to mages pets   :-D

Well minus the summoned gear..  but a direct copy of thier pets would come with the phantom armour atleast.

Karve

I don't want a lot to choose from, just one == 81 air (currently) but == to 86 air in house of thule would be nicer :)(unless they nerf that so that we can have a copy and make the water one tank the best for that expansion).

As for models, your pet should assume the model of your familiar so that you don't get the conflicting pet messages any longer. I'd be quite happy to have a mini worg.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Umlat

Quote from: bradam on June 10, 2010, 04:40:34 PM

Rile the mages up a little prolly..    :evil:

What? Mages get all riled up in that thread? Na...... :roll:

Dilgartownguard

I'm really tired of people using slow as a reason to hold beastlords and their pets back. Like in that thread, I saw someone say a mage pet should tank an unslowed mob as well as a bst pet tanks a slowed one. Am I expected to believe that mages are unable to be grouped with anyone that has a slow spell, or even slow proc weapon? By that logic a bst pet should tank without pet gear as well as a mage pet tanks with the pet gear.