Main Menu

Community Leaders

Started by Umlat, June 18, 2010, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hzath

5490 mana/cast assuming we get 9 ticks with max AA.  You can argue whether or not we get the extra 610 from a phantom tick.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

nedoirah

Quote from: Hzath on June 21, 2010, 08:05:53 PM
5490 mana/cast assuming we get 9 ticks with max AA.  You can argue whether or not we get the extra 610 from a phantom tick.

Yeah I read my paragon calculations wrong. I read and posted the HP calculations instead of the mana calculations.

Hzath

That would certainly be nice!
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

tmkeehn

I'm slower reading over here than I am on the eqboards....

I cannot stand Tuls as well, but fact is there's no way we could ever get him "removed".  And if we did?  We'd just look overly whiney and like we're throwing a pitty party, and we just offended any of the devs or other CL's who got along with him.  Then who would we take our issues to?

Its better in the long haul to rebut his comments for pet superiority and keep it simple.  I have a tendency to lean towards the sarcastic side and that comes out in my posts...but well, there's nothing we can do except every time he posts "mage pet rules" to say "mage pet drools".

We'd just alienate ourselves further.
Dausheit Goldeneyes
Cohort Chalybeius
Cazic

Blarp

We have needed a Class rep for a long time and as soe will not respond to people(myself) who are actively trying to get something done/stepup for the job, its going to be hard.

Camikazi

Quote from: nedoirah on June 21, 2010, 07:55:57 PM
Quote from: Karve on June 21, 2010, 01:41:29 PM

3) Paragon, both - Increase values to be worthwhile in the current game
3a) possibility to have crit-heals on the heal part of paragons (both) , possibility to crit mana ?

I was thinking about this today. What about a newer version of paragon that lasts a shorter time but does the same amount of regen as regular paragon?

Currently Maxxed paragon with maxxed ext. aa gives about 10k mana over 9 ticks (I think) but what about a 15 min (if it's considered overpowered then make it a longer reuse timer) reuse timer paragon that gives 10k mana back in 4 ticks? Call it heightened paragon or something.  If it requires a longer recast timer to make it workable then it's fine with me cause it could easily be explained that this new heightened version requires more concentration on the part of the beastlord.

OR

A mana version of the cleric shared health aa that balances the party health then gives a hot. Call it paragon of balance. Balances the entire group's mana then finishes with a mana-only paragonlasting about the same amount of time.

Group is 5490 mana over 9 ticks, 610*9.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Tadenea on June 21, 2010, 01:15:41 PM
Pink teddy-bear don't sound scarey, I rather see a killer Bunny

Mabye the Fabled Killer Bunny from Velious?

Overlord Matamuran takes 250 damage from lauphing at Grimwar's Fabled Killer Bunny!
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Karve

My god, I've really done it now, with extended pet only levitation AND killer bunnies with effect "Group hug" ...

I think I'll shut up :/

Professional Mad Bastard.

nedoirah

Cami I was already corrected by Hzath. And yes your calculations are correct. I read and posted the wrong value from my hp/mana regen from paragon chart.

Camikazi

Quote from: nedoirah on June 24, 2010, 01:06:53 AM
Cami I was already corrected by Hzath. And yes your calculations are correct. I read and posted the wrong value from my hp/mana regen from paragon chart.

I didn't see Hzath's post, or I wouldn't have said anything :P

k9wazere

Quote from: Chana on June 19, 2010, 02:56:34 AM
5.) okay, your pets suck. understood. but that is only ONE aspect of your class that you'd like to see get worked on. what about utility? what about personal/spell DPS? what about burst dps? what about lasercats? theres a bunch of other pathways that you can discuss without your hated tulisin opposing you. if you keep focusing on pets, he's going to show up, and he might not like what you are attempting. but again, theres LOTS of room for growth for the Warder and the Yowl line.
Have to respectfully disagree with you. The warder is not *one* aspect of the class, with similar significance to X,Y,Z...

Initially picking up the class during PoP, the warder was *the* reason for playing a bst (or mage, for that matter). It brings a different style of gameplay, and it brings strategies that are not possible for other classes. Or did. Much of that is now lost to time.

Initially, the warder was a not-so-gimp warrior, with respectable tanking and DPS, and the bst was a slightly-more-gimp pet cleric. Or a slightly-more-gimp monk, whatever the situation needed.

Today we are a "pet class" in name alone. Pets die in a blink of an eyelid. DPS comes from the bst and his stupid (ugh, I hate them) swarm pets. A complete 180 turn which has left the bst with no sense of direction at all.

The pet maketh the beastlord, in my estimation. Give us a weak pet and we may as well roll a non-pet class like a ranger or a monk. The pet is MUCH, MUCH more important than merely being "one aspect" of a class such as beastlord or magician.

Tulisin recognises the critical imortance of the mage pet to the mage class. We need to recognise that same critical importance of the warder to the beastlord class.

bradam

Quote from: k9wazere on July 13, 2010, 03:04:25 PM
Quote from: Chana on June 19, 2010, 02:56:34 AM
5.) okay, your pets suck. understood. but that is only ONE aspect of your class that you'd like to see get worked on. what about utility? what about personal/spell DPS? what about burst dps? what about lasercats? theres a bunch of other pathways that you can discuss without your hated tulisin opposing you. if you keep focusing on pets, he's going to show up, and he might not like what you are attempting. but again, theres LOTS of room for growth for the Warder and the Yowl line.
Have to respectfully disagree with you. The warder is not *one* aspect of the class, with similar significance to X,Y,Z...

Initially picking up the class during PoP, the warder was *the* reason for playing a bst (or mage, for that matter). It brings a different style of gameplay, and it brings strategies that are not possible for other classes. Or did. Much of that is now lost to time.

Initially, the warder was a not-so-gimp warrior, with respectable tanking and DPS, and the bst was a slightly-more-gimp pet cleric. Or a slightly-more-gimp monk, whatever the situation needed.

Today we are a "pet class" in name alone. Pets die in a blink of an eyelid. DPS comes from the bst and his stupid (ugh, I hate them) swarm pets. A complete 180 turn which has left the bst with no sense of direction at all.

The pet maketh the beastlord, in my estimation. Give us a weak pet and we may as well roll a non-pet class like a ranger or a monk. The pet is MUCH, MUCH more important than merely being "one aspect" of a class such as beastlord or magician.

Tulisin recognises the critical imortance of the mage pet to the mage class. We need to recognise that same critical importance of the warder to the beastlord class.

I totally agree with you on this one.  Well except I'd like more swarm pets hehe  Always thought it was odd that like every other class got them even before we did.  If they'd have only the 3 pet classes have swarm pets it'd have made more sense imo

Really hoping House of Thule has some major warder upgrades. I'd rather be 50/50 with warder instead of the 90/10 we are now. 

Karve

I'd happily wave goodbye to the swarm pets if I could get teh real badass pet back.

Professional Mad Bastard.