Main Menu

Test Patch Message 6/24 (Beastlord Changes alot)

Started by Tadenea, June 24, 2010, 11:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camikazi

Quote from: nedoirah on June 26, 2010, 01:25:47 AM
Quote from: Sikkem on June 25, 2010, 07:15:24 AM
- Beastlord - Decreased the cast time and increased the recast time on all ranks of Salve of Reshan. - 1 sec cast time, about a 2 sec recast time  8-)
- Beastlord - Increased the heal amount of all ranks of Salve of Reshan.
- Beastlord - Increased the HP granted by all ranks of Focus of Yemall. - Rk. I gave 1009hp so an extra 93hp
- Beastlord - Increased the duration of the Unrivaled Rapidity haste recourse to match the duration of the base buff. - Sadly the recourse duration is 39mins
- Beastlord - Increased the duration of Spirit of Vaxztn to 60 minutes. - tick
- Beastlord - Adjusted Pact of the Wurine to resolve some stacking issues with the Enchanter 2nd Spire and some Geomantra clickies. - tick

Not sure what can be done about the pet haste recourse. -

Yemall - Would have preferred to just be given Bloodworg.

I would like to see how much salve was increased. The 1 sec cast timer is nice if it goes live. This makes it more reliable (imo) than promised or minax.

I see a start towards the long road of fixes we need so this is promising.

Aristo wrote:

Just a note on something we just found with the Salve of Reshan changes - while the base heal values were raised, the caps weren't, so there effectively isn't an increase visible right now.  The new caps will be 4411/4786/5036.

Hzath

Quote from: bradam on June 25, 2010, 05:07:13 PM
Quote from: Hzath on June 25, 2010, 04:21:35 PM
Not being affected by gear and AA means it won't scale at all, being completely overpowered in a grouping situation (especially low end) or completely useless in a raiding situation.

Maybe make it a powerful heal but also make it so you need 2 beastlords to make it work?  Kinda like how the rogue tallon/vallon posions work?  That would "kind of" limit it to raid only instances, thus allowing it to be more powerful?

I like the idea, but making pretty much raid only wouldn't be too popular with a lot of people.  The way I was thinking of having the proc work in a useful way is essentially the proc only has a chance to fire when the tank gets hit.  Essentially a defensive proc for the hott of the warder, at least that way heals don't get wasted and every heal would land right after the tank takes damage.  If the code can't handle a simple hott heal proc I don't see them getting that going that route at all.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Sikkem

Quote from: Hzath on June 27, 2010, 01:25:51 AMIf the code can't handle a simple hott heal proc I don't see them getting that going that route at all.
I liked the idea someone posted of it just being a permanent buff group heal proc for assisting with AoE's etc. Helps all 3 tiers of play.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

bradam

Quote from: Hzath on June 27, 2010, 01:25:51 AM
Quote from: bradam on June 25, 2010, 05:07:13 PM
Quote from: Hzath on June 25, 2010, 04:21:35 PM
Not being affected by gear and AA means it won't scale at all, being completely overpowered in a grouping situation (especially low end) or completely useless in a raiding situation.

Maybe make it a powerful heal but also make it so you need 2 beastlords to make it work?  Kinda like how the rogue tallon/vallon posions work?  That would "kind of" limit it to raid only instances, thus allowing it to be more powerful?

I like the idea, but making pretty much raid only wouldn't be too popular with a lot of people.  The way I was thinking of having the proc work in a useful way is essentially the proc only has a chance to fire when the tank gets hit.  Essentially a defensive proc for the hott of the warder, at least that way heals don't get wasted and every heal would land right after the tank takes damage.  If the code can't handle a simple hott heal proc I don't see them getting that going that route at all.

For me as long as it dosen't stack with hobble I'll never ever use it in a group setting.  Figuring I dont really use hobble on raids I thought maybe it'd be a good time for friendly pet.

Unless they change it to stack with hobble of course, then it's a different story  =)

Umlat

As far as our pet procs go my preference is :

Main DD/Stun proc - Friendly pet becomes vaxtzn + a group heal proc, like Holy Hand of Vengeance procs on priest weapons. Future upgrades on this line could continue on with the same recourse included.

Fellgrip jaws, etc. (pet slows) - Slow isn't something we can really leave to random landing time. IMO a pet/self recourse or just pet listlessness buff would be much better. Its a DEFENSIVE buff, so while it doesn't land on a specific target, it will have a chance to proc on any extra mobs on a pull or adds that attack pet (or us?), with a chance of a heal going off, which is something bst and warder could use, since given our current avoidance and mitigation rates. Since it's defensive, there should be no stacking issue with snare and while the spell is short duration (close to fero), it doesnt have charges. 

2nd spire - I don't like this continual adding of short duration proc buffs. Between regular, snare/friendly/slow, epic, BP, 2nd spire, gear procs and possibly, bard/shm buff procs its a little silly IMO. I'd rather see 2nd act as a 100% twinproc chance for the 1 minute or whatever, with an increase to the base proc rates if that isn't enough to provide an appropriate DPS for it. If we manage to get a bst castable gear set, i'd rather see an emphasis on combat effects modifiers than additional procs on the weapons.

Hobble of Spirit is fine the way it is.

Taste of Blood needs a fix. With the options that seem to have become available with the 2.0 shawl, something that has a chance to go off on a critical hit would be nice here. Since Tri'Qaras dead ended, switching the effect of bloody frenzy from the flurry rate whatever to something that boosts damage via an increase damage all skills effect would be good. If the effect was able to overwrite itself, it could keep going as long at it kept going off. No kill shot required and not related to standard procs (i don't think). The damage of this is scalable by and limitable based on ranks and min level and should be able to stack.

Growl/Feralgia - Didn't the % damage modifiers used to stack pre-SoD? I remember in SoF I would often trigger bestial fury and bestial alignment at the same time and get some really good damage numbers. I distinctly remember hitting a couple of crystallos squires with both going and getting quad crits on a feral swipe/harrow combo for a total of 18k or so? Took a 4 month break or so came back SoD was out and they didn't stack at that point. If that was where it changed, that might be where it stopped working? Pretty sure triggering one of fury/alignment overworte the growl buff on us, but not the other.Even with the additional ranks of feral swipe I don't think I've actually seen a crit to match the ones from SoF era. Boosting the % damage mods to 15% or 20% + pet haste mod % probably won't make for a big damage boost, but it's really more of a fix than a boost, plus the % for the bonus on us should be kept even with the boosted amount to keep it simple. Also, the amount it boosts for will increase with base damage increases.

All told, doing things this way would cut down on proc conflicts, increase warder survivability with the added healing, add the same basic abilites pet slow and friendly pet are supposed to add without conflicting with snare or each other and see a damage boost as a result of changing the AA effect of taste of blood to something that has an effect and by fixing what appears to have been an unintended side effect of a change made to address other issues.

Also, making friendly pet work like HHoV does, changing pet slow procs to listlessness and using the increase damage all skills from Tri'Qaras for aste of Blood all have the advantage of being Effects/Processes that we know already WORK. Which means that using them as the fixes should save time compared to trying to come up with a solution from scratch.

Khauruk

I like the HHoV proc idea, and a mini-listlessness as well.....a whole lot.

2nd spire - though a decent idea, I don't see any chance whatsoever that they'll rework spires anymore.

Growl/Feralgia - I don't see any way that they would have ever stacked.  Can you find something in the history of the spells that would have affected it? (though the effects simply shouldn't be able to stack w/ our discs)
TURNCOAT!!!!!