Main Menu

Pet DA strategies

Started by Mordeb42, June 29, 2010, 01:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordeb42

I have the AA for pet divine aura.  I was wondering how other bsts use this tool with their pet.

For hard names my group and I have fired pet DA and sent it in on named.  This usually gives us 10sec or so to land slow and druid debuffs.  We then engage the name. 

Anyone else have any strats to share using pet DA?

Blarp

make a pet fully buff it. DA it them pocket it.. then  make new pet.... when u get name drop pet pop wrder( with the da going) u  now have 2X as long. i do this with hobble/ BP click/ fort comp. and HoT aa for warder aslong with a Delyed heal and out Warded casted hot.... it works well on some fights tohave a pet that beefed up.

Mordeb42

Ohh very nice.  I will definitely have to do that.

We been trying Mistress of Pain lately.  That might buy us an extra 6-10 secs.  Which will be very nice.

Hzath

It works well to pull a single mob out of a large densely packed group. 

DA pet and send it into the group making sure all nearby mobs are attacking it

Use spells slow/nukes/dots to get agro on the mob you want and make it chase you

FD+/pet get lost at the same time when the mob is sufficient distance from the pack that your remaining group members can tag it

Other than that I use DA when duoing/moloing and I get an add in a place that I can't tank 2 at once with a merc healer, I just have pet offtank 1 and burn the other.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Zunar

I also tend to use it for OTing an unexpected add/repop..

Though I can see one more use for it.
In a zone like Underquarry, for times you need to help a group make it past a room full of SI mobs.

It's possible to push the pet using companion's relocation with pet guard, to put it further in the room, and then use pet DA, send it on the mobs and back off pet.
That makes the pet reset back to the "guard" spot, bringing the mobs to that spot, hopefully far enough to let your group make it past them :)

I have done this before the FD, and the mage would CoTH me after they were safe.

Saved some time to clear mobs out...

Works solo too if you need to buy time until you can get FD off.
It'd be cool if it was instant cast too...then one could use it to counter enrage for pet.
The cast time is abit meh.....for that use imo.

Brane

Quote from: Zunar on June 30, 2010, 10:09:02 AM
It'd be cool if it was instant cast too...then one could use it to counter enrage for pet.
The cast time is abit meh.....for that use imo.

And I thought pet relocation was for that. :)

Mazame

pocket pet.

make new pet  hobb. / da  send in pet  once pet snares  you can FD, then pull him back with all adds once the snared one is out from camp  kill pet off let other go back and because you FD  you should be able to stand and tag snared one.

also used  to pull mobs out of water / lava DA send pet in  call him back and even in convort or brells where getting mob out of lava can be a pain  with pet doing it makes it simple.

Khauruk

And if you don't have pet DA, you can do this w/ pet runes up on them...depending on area though, that might get eaten up fast.
TURNCOAT!!!!!