Main Menu

7/7 Test Patch Notes

Started by Tadenea, July 07, 2010, 10:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tadenea

*** UI ***

- Fixed an issue with the spell list while scribing spells using the right click menu.

- Spent AAs now display properly if over 5 digits.

*** Items ***

- The "Which Came First" item can be activated more quickly than it could before. It still needs to rest between uses.
- The tank versions of the Blessed Serilis Prayer Shawl and Sacred Serilis Prayer Shawl will now be able to receive Efficacy of Brell focus effect. To receive the focus, you must exchange your shawl with Chamberlain Thoridain.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Fixed an inconsistency with tradeskilled weapon ornamentations. Scribing the appropriate sketchbook is no longer required for you to craft Black Acrylia or Ceramic molds.
- Those proficient in archery may want to see what the Useful Automated Vendor has to offer in the way of quiver crafting.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Removed two NPCs that were near the zone in for The First Corruption mission and could attack characters still zoning in.
- Fixed an issue where the Clockwork Magma Meter MCMXCIX would loose track of what it was supposed to do when it reached its destination if its owner had died previously.
- Trial of Creation - Brell will no longer be impressed with crafted items that were not created with items harvested during that attempt.
- Unstable Creation - Corrected a timer issue that was causing the Unstable Creation to activate itself early.
- Made some changes to the Contagious Pustules spell. It should now be less dangerous outside of the Magus Sisters raid it appears in.
- Magus Sisters - The chests from this raid have moved further away from the center, close to the passage that leads to the top floor of the temple. This should prevent them from being noticed by the First Creation if you trigger his event but fail to kill him or flee.

*** Spells ***

- Resurrection and Revival Sickness will no longer trigger OOC timers on their own. They will still have their normal detrimental effects on resurrected or revived players, however.
- Beastlord - Friendly Pet's healing procs will now affect the pet's target's target rather than the pet only.
- Beastlord - Moved the proc on Friendly Pet to slot 8 to avoid interference with other pet buffs.

- Berserker - Axe of Rallos' stun component will generate a lower amount of hate.
- Paladin - Raised the base healing amount of Devout Cleansing.
- Paladin - Added a hate override for Splash of Sanctification so it will no longer generate as much hate in raid situations.
- Paladin - Increased the number of curse counters removed by Splash of Sanctification.
- Ranger - Corrected a percentage modifier on Storm of Arrows Rk. III that was too low.

*** NPC ***

- The Mistress of Pain's minions should be easier to dispatch now.

*** Mercenaries ***

- Melee Damage and Damage Caster mercenaries generate less hate.
- Melee Damage mercenaries can accept speed and attack buffs.
- Damage Caster mercenaries have a new Burn AE stance which allows them to cast AE spells.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- The Plane of Knowledge book in Blightfire Moors has moved much closer to Crescent Reach.

- Hide and sneak buttons will now properly repop if a spell effect is used while sneaking or hiding.

- Fixed an issue with black textures showing up for certain armor pieces in the 3d preview window.

- Fixed an issue with items in the ammo slot displaying as having no charges and unusable in the potion belt.

- Fixed a recently introduced problem causing various skill caps to work incorrectly.

*** Files Changed ***

- EQUI_AAWindow.xml
- EQUI_Animations.xml
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Zunar

- Beastlord - Friendly Pet's healing procs will now affect the pet's target's target rather than the pet only.
- Beastlord - Moved the proc on Friendly Pet to slot 8 to avoid interference with other pet buffs.

Looks promising.
Though I reckon then it still won't stack with pet slow or snare.
Those two use slot 8 for the pets dex buff.

Camikazi

Quote from: Zunar on July 07, 2010, 10:47:54 PM

Looks promising.
As long as the Proc part of the spell is not in the same slot as Slow or Snare proc part it will stack. If just having the slot already used caused stacking problems we would be limited to 12 or less buffs since I believe that is how many total slots there are :P

Tadenea

Quote from: Zunar on July 07, 2010, 10:47:54 PM

Looks promising.

I confirmed with another Beastlord the buffs do stack with Steeltrap jaws

Max hit alteration wont make it in before next Live patch. Aristo said maybe in a couple of weeks he will be avialable to take a look at it.
For now the targeting fix and the slot change will have to be enough
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Nusa

Rechecking some stuff from the previous test patch:

Salve of Reshan Rk 3: 1 sec cast, ~3 sec recast, base heal 5002.

Focus of Yemall Rk 3 - 1284 hp.

Unrivaled Rapidity Rk 2 haste recourse. - 90 minutes! Which means it now has the 60 min base duration and the 50% AA bonus applies. Item focus only applies to the original buff; I get 111 minutes on the pet.

I'm gonna have to stop whining about the pet haste recourse...it's actually useful now.

Nusa

I also confirm that Friendly Pet stacks now with either Hobble or Steeltrap, although I haven't tried it out in combat. The in-game description describes it as healing the pet, so that's probably wrong now.

Grbage

Quote from: Nusa on July 08, 2010, 01:28:53 AM
Rechecking some stuff from the previous test patch:

Salve of Reshan Rk 3: 1 sec cast, ~3 sec recast, base heal 5002.

Focus of Yemall Rk 3 - 1284 hp.

Unrivaled Rapidity Rk 2 haste recourse. - 90 minutes! Which means it now has the 60 min base duration and the 50% AA bonus applies. Item focus only applies to the original buff; I get 111 minutes on the pet.

I'm gonna have to stop whining about the pet haste recourse...it's actually useful now.

What do you know, I'll have a reason to unblock it now.

Thanks for the heads up Tad!
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

nedoirah

Is any of this stuff live yet or only on test?

Tadenea

test atm, so should go live next update
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Sikkem

Tad I don't want to sound ungrateful because I am very grateful but is there a chance the cast time on Friendly Pet can be reduced from 3 secs as I can see this being used a fair bit in raids and a faster cast time would have less of an impact on our dps.

Thanks

I am also assuming all procs wont waste the charges like happened with the Jaws line originally?
NM just gave it a run on test and I had 30 procs from epic and spirit combined before FP wore off.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Khauruk

Well, if the tank is full HP, he will get healed for zero and the charge will be deducted.  Same if he's almost full HP...will largely waste a charge.

So we have 2890 X 6 ~ 18k healing potential for 482 mana, but it's uncontrollable and will be partially wasted.  Slow casting time too.  Might be useful for soloing, but honestly I won't use it much at all, even then.  I also really don't want to waste a spell that's only useful when I slum in Thallassius or Valdeholm PLing alts.

Daus(?)'s idea of a proc like the priest group heal hammers is frankly far superior of an idea.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Sikkem

Quote from: Khauruk on July 08, 2010, 03:57:38 AM
Daus(?)'s idea of a proc like the priest group heal hammers is frankly far superior of an idea.

Not going to disagree with you on this because I would prefer that also but considering when FP was broken they wouldn't change it to a group heal I am not sure why they would change their mind now.

They seem quite married to the ToT idea so I am just trying to work within what they obviously have decided for us.

In that framework something like a 5 min buff with no charges would suit me better  :wink:

Quote from: Tadenea on March 01, 2010, 07:38:04 PM
I got permission to pass this along
They finally figured out that Contact Innates can't use ToT targetting
so in till they do some Code Changes, Rytan will just make it a Pet Proc Heal

Just a Heads up

I am grateful because this required some code changes and to me signifies they actually appear to be committed to making some improvements to the class unlike in the past where we either got nothing, some lip service or a tweak to a line here and there (like the increase to Focus). I am just happy they are trying to improve the class whether I agree with the direction they go in or not.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Karve

Good changes so far, thanks to all concerned.
I too though would love to see a duration as opposed to a set number of procs on friendly pet. Afterall if the pet generates yet more hate healing the ToT, he's much more likely to get splatted?  RvR etc...
1 sec cast times would also be mucho appreciated :)

Any chance of 55% haste on the group recourse of unrivalled?  I wouldn't want to be stepping on toes here, but would like a "second best" which really is second best ;)

Any news of anything else on the horizon Tadenea?
Is there likely to be any change to PC heals, pets and spell utility line up, dot resist checks, split Wurine, more ranks for Possum, double attack and triple attack caps, AC Softcap, ability to summon a moon on a stick etc etc :)

Professional Mad Bastard.

Hzath

Quote from: Karve on July 08, 2010, 08:39:30 AM
if the pet generates yet more hate healing the ToT, he's much more likely to get splatted?  RvR etc...

Pets don't really work like that.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Karve

Ah, but now that the changes have been made, what will have changed to make this work ? .... It would be nice if it doesn't generate any more hate, but if it does due to changed mechanics, it could get .. messy.

Professional Mad Bastard.