Main Menu

7/7 Test Patch Notes

Started by Tadenea, July 07, 2010, 10:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nusa

We don't know that there is a hate factor, but like he said, pets don't work like that....if a player is in melee range, the mob will never turn on the pet, no matter how hated it is. And for those rare situations where the pet is supposed to be tanking, hate is a plus anyway.

Sharrien

Couple nice changes to enjoy next week if the patch happens as planned.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Karve

Quote from: Nusa on July 08, 2010, 09:27:22 AM
We don't know that there is a hate factor, but like he said, pets don't work like that....if a player is in melee range, the mob will never turn on the pet, no matter how hated it is. And for those rare situations where the pet is supposed to be tanking, hate is a plus anyway.

Yes, I really should drink an extra cup before posting :)
of course.. pc > pet always. I'll try to stop being a spanner now.

Professional Mad Bastard.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Tadenea on July 07, 2010, 11:47:01 PM
Quote from: Zunar on July 07, 2010, 10:47:54 PM
- Beastlord - Friendly Pet's healing procs will now affect the pet's target's target rather than the pet only.
- Beastlord - Moved the proc on Friendly Pet to slot 8 to avoid interference with other pet buffs.

Looks promising.
Though I reckon then it still won't stack with pet slow or snare.
Those two use slot 8 for the pets dex buff.

I confirmed with another Beastlord the buffs do stack with Steeltrap jaws

Max hit alteration wont make it in before next Live patch. Aristo said maybe in a couple of weeks he will be avialable to take a look at it.
For now the targeting fix and the slot change will have to be enough

FANTASTIC! That was quite impressive turn around on a fix for Friendly Pet. I agree the casting time hurts but I would still consider it quite usable in a raid situation because of the utility aspect. I'll personally take it as long as the upgrades are consistent with the gear inflation certain to happen in the next expansion.

Quote from: Nusa on July 08, 2010, 01:28:53 AM
Rechecking some stuff from the previous test patch:

Unrivaled Rapidity Rk 2 haste recourse. - 90 minutes! Which means it now has the 60 min base duration and the 50% AA bonus applies. Item focus only applies to the original buff; I get 111 minutes on the pet.

I'm gonna have to stop whining about the pet haste recourse...it's actually useful now.

More great news, we finally can cast haste that lasts longer than a potion!!! I'll have to unblock the recourse too once this goes live.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Skiendubh

Excellent news, Friendly pet has now officially moved way up the list from the second last AA I'd ever buy, with Innate Int being last  :-D

nedoirah

Quote from: Skiendubh on July 10, 2010, 01:54:36 PM
Excellent news, Friendly pet has now officially moved way up the list from the second last AA I'd ever buy, with Innate Int being last  :-D

Friendly Pet is a spell not an AA

Skiendubh

I am looking looking like an idiot, no defence on this one. I posted after a good night out and feel very stupid now...Let us move on  :oops:

Hzath

Quote from: Skiendubh on July 10, 2010, 09:43:00 PM
I am looking looking like an idiot, no defence on this one. I posted after a good night out and feel very stupid now...Let us move on  :oops:
Drunk EQ forum posting is the best, don't feel bad.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Tadenea

just don't give any of your pets those drinks
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

nedoirah

Quote from: Tadenea on July 12, 2010, 05:24:34 PM
just don't give any of your pets those drinks

We don't need to give them anymore handicaps than they currently have. LOL

Old Keg

So still no news on increased bag size?