Trigger Effect: Bestial Bloodrage Recourse on Fade
Decrease Hate by 1200
Fear Immunity
Pet Flurry Chance (40)/(45)/(50)

Recourse is

25% Chance to trigger: Bloodrage Exhaustion ----- 5 million HP dmg   :-o
5% Chance to trigger: Bloodrage Resurgence -----  20k heal   :|

Trigger text -
Cast on you: You send your warder into a bloodrage.
Cast on other: Soandso enters a bloodrage.
Effect Fades: Your warder's blood begins to cool.

I gotta say, if this is a new AA or something it looks flawed. 1) ungeared, most of pets attacks seem to be more h2h type damage, not blunt. Even so, what happens if you have piercing or slashing weapons equipped? 2) How is the DoT on warder going to interact with Pet rune effects? 3) Fear immunity is good, but tying it to a specific AA that looks like it will have issues stacking with something Like Empathic Fury has issues. 4) Pet Flurry chance - this is the same thing blood frenzy has for an effect now and at the high end of pet flurry aas it doesn't look like it does much, if anything. 5) 1 in 4 chance of pet going poof!?! Ridiculous - If we can't replace our own pet gear, that's 3k hp and 210 ac or somethng down the drain on a full mage gear setup and unless you've spent an extra 10 minutes pocketing a buffed pet, you're going to have to stop and resummon. Beyond that, warders are a specific entity, tied to us. Unlike other pet classes, the role playing side of things makes using this sort of casual pet sacrificial mentality wrong.

If this is for Thule, it is going to need major changes or it will end up on the do not use under any circumstances list, like so many of our abilities to date.

The devs just don't seem to be able to understand the difference between a beastlord's warder and other classes' pets. Until they do, we're  going to see a portion of our AAs/Spells be useless even before they are made.

bradam

We should never ever ever ever have anything we cast or proc that kills or even has a % chance to kill the warder.  Thats just... wrong    Wrong enough that it goes against our entire class definition of our warder. 

The 1h blunt is odd too.. unless maybe they are finally giving us our own summoned weapons/gear for warder?  While maybe the orge bear pet could maybe swing some hammers I think my wolf is gona have some trouble holding them   :-P

Sikkem

I don't know how accurate it is but I was talking to some people about feralise (shaman spell) and I was told for the 1hb bonus in that hth was regarded as 1hb.

As I said no idea how accurate it is. Also are not our pets already immune to fear after a certain level?

That aside I would never use this.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Camikazi

1HB is just what those spells goto by default unless the devs mark it as all skills, that little bug has slipped by them on a few abilities in the past. As far as the ability goes, NO WAY, we should not have an ability that has a good chance of killing our pet, we just have too much of our own DPS tied to warder to just have him killed. We are not SKs who can risk their pet for more DPS and be fine.

Inphared

The recourse would just get blocked by prism skin.

lol.

Sharrien

Runes might be negated by the 750hp dot....not sure how that would work.  Either way, I'm not in favor of a pet sacrificing AA, even one that doesn't fire all the time.  Instead of a DT, make the exhaustion recourse a 25% melee debuff or something like that.  Just don't kill my warder!!
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Inphared

Quote from: Sharrien on July 17, 2010, 02:03:01 AM
Runes might be negated by the 750hp dot....not sure how that would work.

It largely depends on if the spell is flagged beneficial, or detrimental.

If it's beneficial, nothing will be blocked.

If it's detrimental, the entire spell will be blocked and there won't BE a deathtouch to block in the first place.

That spell needs a lot of work.  :-P

Zunar

Just save pet DA, and hit it at the end  :-D

On a more serious note, I agree...I'm not a fan of killing the warder either.
Maybe if they come summoned with a full set of mage summoned pet gear OR if it's a super-dps-boost that would be used like..in an emergency and hit for ALOT of damage.

Abilities like manaburn or lifeburn comes to my mind...but even those are instant damage types, while this one needs 2 mins to bring all it's dps out.

Hzath

Aren't pets already fear immune (echoing sikkem)?

What does -1200 hate mean on a spell that targets our warder?  I thought he liked me.

25% chance to kill warder = what? 
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Inphared

Also keep in mind that 25 and 5 only add up to 30 - that's a 70% chance for this spell to do absolutely nothing.

Camikazi

Quote from: Inphared on July 17, 2010, 09:03:42 PM
Also keep in mind that 25 and 5 only add up to 30 - that's a 70% chance for this spell to do absolutely nothing.
Any chance of killing off our pet is bad, our pets are not meant to be disposable.

Skiendubh

Quote from: bradam on July 16, 2010, 09:16:40 PM
We should never ever ever ever have anything we cast or proc that kills or even has a % chance to kill the warder.  Thats just... wrong    Wrong enough that it goes against our entire class definition of our warder. 

Quote from: Camikazi on July 17, 2010, 09:07:49 PM
Any chance of killing off our pet is bad, our pets are not meant to be disposable.

Like what these beasties have said. Warder is not a summoned mage pet but an integral component of a Beastlords abilities and lore. Not a snowballs chance in ...erm...Plane of fire should we sacrifice fluffy except in dire run-away-mode.

Sikkem

Quote from: Inphared on July 17, 2010, 09:03:42 PM
No it's a 70% chance for the recourse to do nothing.

My problem with that personally is that I and I am sure some others have zero luck with the RNG. Possum has an 80% success rate according to the devs and I know human nature means you notice the failures more than the successes but it is not uncommon for me to have 5 or more failures in a row.

Oh well its still very early on. My concern is as stated by others is this kind of Spell/AA/Disc/Vet Reward shows that the devs don't understand beastlords.

Edited for Nusa.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Nusa

Actually, it looks like it's being set up as an AA ability, not a spell. Of course, it's very early yet.

Khauruk

Quote from: Nusa on July 17, 2010, 10:06:58 PM
Actually, it looks like it's being set up as an AA ability, not a spell. Of course, it's very early yet.

Aye, given that it's DCRONKHITE (Elidroth), the AA dev, and not Aristo...it'll be a shitty mini-pet AA disc that lasts too long and we don't want as a supposed way to improve our burst (which isn't 2 minutes) dps.
TURNCOAT!!!!!