Main Menu

Future of Friendly Pet

Started by Mordeb42, July 24, 2010, 02:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordeb42

Now that they have fixed this proc to heal Target's Target.  I have found I enjoy having it as an option.  I understand it isn't the most consistent effect, but I have found it helps me tank in Conv by helping smooth out some of the healing.

I for one would like to see this line continued in future expansions.
I was thinking what could make this better and I have the following proposal to run by the community:
1) Increase procs.  It runs out too fast.  I am fine with an increase in mana cost.
2) Remove the targeting of pet when casting.  It is just annoying.
3) AA 12 points "Pet Healing Adept Affinity" Pet heals use our Adept base for heals proced.
4) AA 12 Points "Pet Healing Gift Affinity" Pet heals use our Gift base for heals proced.

What does everyone think?

bradam

instead of more pet aa's I'd rather they just triple the base heal value.  Almost 3k heal is kinda pointless imo 

Good spell idea, just that'd make it more useful to me  =)

bobokatt1970

For the first time in I don't know how many years, I saw 5 bsts on our last raid. We each had this going fresh and I have to admit that on the MT, this spell did help.  What I really want to see would be something like the mage spell Jolt of Many.  The more pets on the mob, the more this spell would heal... I would hate to have it limited to just bst warders but again right up the same line as the mage jolt spell.. have 10 pets on a boss mob and the spell has a chance to heal per each pet attacking.  Why not...!

Mordeb42

Jolt of many type effect on the heal proc wouldn't be a bad idea. 
Might be a little strong unless it is tied to only multiple beasts.

I still think I would prefer the tie in with our healing aa's myself.  I wouldn't mind have a larger base heal on the proc, but I think the aa route would be better accepted by the dev team. 

I just think it would be pretty sweet for our pets to be able to spell crit and heal crit their procs using our AA lines.

Blarp

hey im down with pet heal aa's or something like it so it can crit!

nedoirah

Quote from: Mordeb42 on July 24, 2010, 02:24:06 PM
1) Increase procs.  It runs out too fast.  I am fine with an increase in mana cost.
2) Remove the targeting of pet when casting.  It is just annoying.
3) AA 12 points "Pet Healing Adept Affinity" Pet heals use our Adept base for heals proced.
4) AA 12 Points "Pet Healing Gift Affinity" Pet heals use our Gift base for heals proced.

1. I agree with but I never use it even after it as modified.
2. Hard to hot swap targets when raiding. Only real solution is the ext. target window with mob on current target outside of removing the auto target pet when casting.
3&4. Would be nice if our pet heal procs used our healing adept/gift lines. I might actually invest in completing those lines on my bst not just my shaman.

Quote from: bradam on July 24, 2010, 05:14:27 PM
instead of more pet aa's I'd rather they just triple the base heal value.  Almost 3k heal is kinda pointless imo 

I agree 3k heal is useless mostly, but triple? Yeah I know a good healer (w/ a LOT if not all heal aas) can do a lot more than that but healer types might get a little upset that we can cast a 9k heal non crit and maybe 18-20k crit if we max out our heal aa lines with a single cast on our pet then it procs those heals. If that happens then on raids I know we'll be asked to comstantly be casting it on our pets to help heal our tanks which will take away from our dps. I know 482 mana cost isn't much but 3 sec cast timer is. I'm not syaing I would be opposed to it but I'd really rather not become a second-rate healer. It would be fine in groups but not on raids.

Quote from: Mordeb42 on July 25, 2010, 03:43:58 PM
I just think it would be pretty sweet for our pets to be able to spell crit and heal crit their procs using our AA lines.

That would be nice.

Mordeb42

Trying to formulate a good AA proposal for the devs then.  Could be given to all pet classes.

What do you think of the following AA lines proposals.
Option 1)
1a) AA 12 points "Pet Healing Adept Affinity" Pet heals use our Adept base for heals proced.
1b) AA 12 Points "Pet Healing Gift Affinity" Pet heals use our Gift base for heals proced.
1c) AA 12 Points "Pet proc Crit Affinity" Pet procs use our Nuke crit mod

Option 2) [Think this one could be sold easier to dev team]  Not as powerful, but still useful
2a) Pet Healing Adept Affinity [3AA Rnk 1]--Pet heal procs have a 10% Chance to use our Adept line
Pet Healing Adept Affinity [6AA Rnk 2]--Pet heal procs have a 20% Chance to use our Adept line
Pet Healing Adept Affinity [9AA Rnk 3]--Pet heal procs have a 30% Chance to use our Adept line
Pet Healing Adept Affinity [12AA Rnk 3]--Pet heal procs have a 40% Chance to use our Adept line
2b) Same but for Gift line
3b) Same but for Nuke crit line

Karve

Pets shoudln't be healing anybody imho, they should be ripping mobs to shreds. They don't do that well and we're being sidelined into weird "fluff".

Professional Mad Bastard.

bobokatt1970

Would still love just a hint of the jolt of many type healing ability. In a raid scenario, it would go a long way in giving us something, anything, other than possibly becoming mana or endurance batteries.
Either way getting some benefit from our own healing AA line would still be amazing either way.

Mordeb42

Quote from: Karve on July 26, 2010, 08:48:51 AM
Pets shoudln't be healing anybody imho, they should be ripping mobs to shreds. They don't do that well and we're being sidelined into weird "fluff".

Given our Shaman heritage, I am personally on board with our pets doing some healing. 
I do agree with you that our pets are not up to par on DPS.  I also think their dps is currently way to tied to procs, so the base attack, crit, flurry need to be reviewed.

Sharrien

I like the idea of a Jolt-type scaling for the healing power of Friendly.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Zunar

I think it should be renamed to Warder's affection, or atleast Friendly Warder or something.
We don't use pets like mages/necros  :-D

I'm liking this spell, but I agree that it makes our heal AAs less used....I for one spent tons on maxing them, and wouldn't mind having use for them on this spell.

bradam

Quote from: nedoirah on July 25, 2010, 10:21:30 PM

I agree 3k heal is useless mostly, but triple? Yeah I know a good healer (w/ a LOT if not all heal aas) can do a lot more than that but healer types might get a little upset that we can cast a 9k heal non crit and maybe 18-20k crit if we max out our heal aa lines with a single cast on our pet then it procs those heals. If that happens then on raids I know we'll be asked to comstantly be casting it on our pets to help heal our tanks which will take away from our dps. I know 482 mana cost isn't much but 3 sec cast timer is. I'm not syaing I would be opposed to it but I'd really rather not become a second-rate healer. It would be fine in groups but not on raids.

The main reason I figured triple the amount would be good is because of its total randomness of procing.   Imagene if cleric's had the same random chances for thier heals to land for 0 as they do for a crit heal.
And as of now atleast there's 0 chance for pet to crit heal.

I can't really see how some random obscure 9k heal is going to annoy anyone.  And if it did... oh well  =p

I'm thinking we're better off asking for the pie and settling for a slice then asking for a slice and settling for crumbs. 

Hzath

I personally still don't use the spell and hope it doesn't continue in the future.  I'm not just hating on friendly pet, I'm against pet procs in general, ESPECIALLY countered ones, for lots of reasons I've talked about before (random, unaffected by gear, AA).
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

nedoirah

I can see your reasoning Bradam. I was just pointing out if we get the ability to proc a large heal then we get the ability to have our pets crit nuke/heal it might inflate out of control then we lose what we have been given. (other classes whining) 7K would be fine with me. Heck I might even use it then. 9 or 10k might be a bit much at this point. BUT who knows what will happen in HoT. Given the hp increase trend we may see 50-60k bsts soon.