Main Menu

Future of Friendly Pet

Started by Mordeb42, July 24, 2010, 02:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blarp

as raids go this is  not a bad tool, spec if u have 3-4 bsts on 1 mob it will help over all.

we all kow our warder will never be on par with mages so we mine as well get healing mods off them  as they will not tank/dps

Karve

I don't want to see teh argument "your pet heals, so we won't make it tank" I just get the feeling we're getting something that will work against us again.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Mordeb42

Quote from: Karve on July 29, 2010, 08:25:25 AM
I don't want to see teh argument "your pet heals, so we won't make it tank" I just get the feeling we're getting something that will work against us again.
Honestly I don't think we will every have the raw pet power of a mage.  Personally I would prefer them to close the gap on pet dps then pet tanking.  Your argument is a valid concern. 

Summary of bsts ideas on Friendly pet:
1) Increase the raw heal amount
2) Remove counter mechanic or Increase counters
3) Possible Heal AA association
5) Keep the line as fluff to prevent interference with primary class objectives.  ie don't make the ability a class defining line.

Sharrien

I agree with most of your summary Mordeb except for the characterization of Friendly Pet as fluff.  Fluff is an illusion or stormclouds over your head, things that do not affect gameplay.  If we start calling something fluff then no one will consider it worth looking at and none of your first 4 suggestions will matter.  It would wrong for them to say that we can't get innate warder armor or that further ranks of warder avoidance/mitigation would be discontinued if we wanted Friendly to be more powerful, no one would agree with that.  However, if the devs ever think that the beastlord community labels it as fluff then it is a dead spell line.

I use it all the time now as a pre-fight buff.  I did not parse to see how much healing I got from it, but last night I tanked Fire in the Hole except for the last few 12k+ hitting named.  When I look back at how much I would die to undead in CC or trash in Fungal and Lichen a month ago, I believe that Friendly was a not-insignificant contributor to our success last night.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Mordeb42

Your are correct.  I should not have used the word fluff, I get caught up in negativity some times. 
Currently it is best used as you describe, as a pre-fight buff that contributes during the course of an encounter.

I am revising my summary.
Summary of bsts ideas on Friendly pet:
1) Increase the raw heal amount
2) Remove counter mechanic or Increase counters
3) Possible Heal AA association
5) Keep the power of Friendly line at its currently level.  Most of the community enjoys the spell line, but does not want it to steal thunder from our Warder DPS/Tankage concerns.
6) Prevent the target change when casting friendly pet.

Sharrien

Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Karve

Professional Mad Bastard.

Fenudwin

Can friendly pet cut in to total damage done?  Pets only get so many procs per minute I've read, does this use some of them up?  Fen

Blarp

does not proc anuff to really matter i run it full time.  but thats me.

Khauruk

If it cuts into dps, it's an absolutely minimal amount.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Sevaril

i personaly like the concept  would like to see more  ran with it