Main Menu

grimling forest

Started by Hurath, September 07, 2006, 06:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurath

so i've been checking grimling forest for about 2 days for the grimling general/colonel.  I have a tracker there and don't see them on track.   I've also spent time clearing every grimling that is up.  What i was wondering was whether the two of them are timed spawns, or whether they have a chance to spawn when any grimling dies, or whether they can spawn at any non static mob, or what the deal is with getting them to spawn so i can get my 2 medallions :)

Rilelil

have you tried
/say I wish to end the great threat in the grimling forest
to scout husman this should trigger them.

Raukus

Correct talk to Husman and say the magic words.  They will not spawn immeadiately.  General spawned first for me about 75 minutes after i spoke to Husman, killed general (what a joke) Colonel spawned about 10 minutes later (another joke).  This is an exercise in patience more then anything else.  Killing baby green grimlings is fun too LOL

smuzz

Dont let Raukus lie, he almost got owned by them green grimlings...=p
Predator Smuzz <Novus Lepus>
70 Wildblood
Xegony

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1227714

Raukus

LOL U funny big ogah.  But yeah when i ran down to the zone in to AC and back out that was an awesome train.  Like 50 or so.  Where is our AE kill all greenies button LOL

Kitathia

I just did these two fights:) I spoke to Husman and 70 min later - there is the Col. he was cake. Looted Medalloin and ran to second spawn site and the General was waiting for me.. He was just as easy.

I had a Ten and bst buffs on - Around 11.2K HP.

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Tigrah

I just did this step, and found that having a tracker handy helps hehe. Also they spawned, for me, inside a pair of rocks near the listed spawn points in the checklist.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Fuzkitty

Absolutely need a tracker, I ended up logging my 25 druid on and found the Colonel at 1026, -24 as shown in game.  Way off from what it was supposed to be.  The general was no problem at all.  Just a little off and saw him standing all by his lonesome, so I sent him to see the other 50 or so grimlings I'd already killed.

rorith

If I had to log off before they spawned, can I talk to Husman to re-spawn them?

Those who fear the dogs of war, have never met the cats...

Inphared

If I recall correctly he's no longer the trigger NPC to spawn them. If he is, I'd assume you'd have no problem just talking to him again, but I'd bet that they'd still be up from the time you first spoke with him.

rorith

Found them with the help of a guild tracker today, and killed them both in short order. :) On towards 2.0!

Those who fear the dogs of war, have never met the cats...

Jiriyn

I'm seeing a lot of weird times here.
I spoke to husman, general spawned within about 2 minutes (the time it took us to run north and find him on track)

Still waiting for colonel to show up.
"Whenever you think it's ok, I'm on my way."

Jiriyn Purrsauce - 75 Arch Animist - Quellious

Vidyne

Quote from: Inphared on December 19, 2007, 06:54:29 PM
If I recall correctly he's no longer the trigger NPC to spawn them. If he is, I'd assume you'd have no problem just talking to him again, but I'd bet that they'd still be up from the time you first spoke with him.

They don't stay up forever it would seem.  I logged my 24 ranger in to track for a guildie beastlord.  I found colonel up, but the beastlord had to finish something before coming.  About 25-30minutes later, the beastlord was one zone away(hollowshade), when my target vanished into thin air.  I checked track and could not find the colonel or General anywhere.  Even a 24 ranger gets about half the zone radius on his track, so I know it didn't somehow warp far away from server lag or something.
No one had come through the zone,  one minute he was there, the next he poofed before my eyes.

Not sure what mechanic makes them despawn or if they are on a long timer, but they can depop.  Visually confirmed.

Zirk

For what it's worth to others:

After I hailed the Scout and spawned the first Grimling, I left the zone and came back.  Got the normal group mission from the scout and when he walked out and came back to the outpost, I said the phrase again.  Wham, second Grimling spawned.  *shrug*.