Main Menu

Is our 2.0 still worth using?

Started by Khauruk, August 13, 2010, 05:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

So, I may be one of only a few, but I have always kept my 2.0 click up on my pet.  It boosts the dps, even if not a large amount (60dps or so on an EMVIII pet at 85 is what I recall).  I've almost always kept Hobble buffed as well.

At what cost though?

In underfoot, there are many blue and white con mobs, and stuns are the boss method to mitigate damage - far more powerful than slow or attack debuffs.  Our pet proc line has a 1.5 second stun (to lvl85) attached to it.

With Hobble and our buff proc (Spirit of Vaxztn), I had a 5.5 ppm proc rate on the pet.  This is 8.25 seconds stunned per minute.
With Vaxztn alone, I had 8ppm, or 12 seconds/minute stunned.
I didn't get specific numbers w/ 2.0 and vaxztn or all 3 together, but Vaxztn is driven significantly lower by the high procmod on the 2.0 click.

These stunned figures are slightly optimistic - Vaxztn landing too closely together can lose overall stunned time, but I saw that happening maybe 5% of the time on the mob.  Resists are a potential issue too, so we'll need to pay more attention to the resists that are on our proc lines for future development.

So, if a blue or white mob is doing say 2000dps, Vaxztn alone can potentially reduce damage intake by 20% or 400dps.  That's significant.

We also can expect more procs of 2nd spire and/or bp click buffs if we don't have our 2.0 up, which will make up for at least some of the dps loss from not having the double attack mod that our epic gives.

I've made up my mind....2.0 is getting banked.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Orbus1

You lost me...Why not use the 2.0 along with Vaxztn? I see where you are saying Vax is better/longer but I didn't see you say using epic reduced that. Like you I normally keep Hobble, Vax and Epic on my pup all the time.

QuoteWe also can expect more procs of 2nd spire and/or bp click buffs if we don't have our 2.0 up

Without looking anything up Epic is interfering here? same slot or what?

Khauruk

It's not interfering in that one won't proc.  It's interfering in that our pet procs so much that each round it needs to make a choice (die roll) on which thing to proc.  The 2.0 and hobble both win that roll more than Vaxztn and/or spire/etc.

2.0 will give you a touch more dps, but I think the extra stun potential is more worthwhile in non-trivial content.

That said, it can be useful to have too many procs up.  If you're soloing w/ friendly pet and want to make it last longer, having hobble or 2.0 up will spread out the friendly pet procs a lot.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Orbus1

Ok, thanks..makes sense now. I have to agree that longer stun potential outweighs a few more dps, makes me sad that I might actually think about banking my 2.0  :-(

Khauruk

Quote from: Orbus1 on August 13, 2010, 08:23:40 PM
Ok, thanks..makes sense now. I have to agree that longer stun potential outweighs a few more dps, makes me sad that I might actually think about banking my 2.0  :-(

Indeed.  The pet just doesn't do enough dps that 5% extra double attack and tanks poorly enough already that the dodge mod aren't so worth it.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

I had stopped using my 2.0 click at the beginning of Seeds of Destruction content. I didn't use it in any of the burns that I'd posted during that time, nor do I recommend it now.

Catnip_Inny

i always use my 2.0 cause i thought it was one of those little things that give me an edge.... you make a good point though

Hzath

I generally don't use it, the 20minute duration doesn't help its cause. 
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Cougarwulf

What you all seem to have overlooked is the extent to which all stuns are being resisted in the game today. If stuns, their amount and longevity, is even the principal reason for ditching it, you've misjudged the 2.0 proc's utility.