Main Menu

C-T elder

Started by bladepaw, November 23, 2009, 06:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bladepaw

Have been having a terrible time with that part of my 1.5.  The link on this forum seems to be broken.  Comments on Alla say you can just invis and lev and you can go all the way up to the top of the pyramid.  Before I can get to a ramp I normally get mobed by about 12 mobs.  I just need this elder and  a port to WW and i am all the way down to part 4.  Can anyone help me?

Nusa

The thread on this subject is here: http://beastlords.org/index.php?topic=3717.0. It's 5 years old so a lot of the pictures don't work anymore, but toward the end you'll find a few that still do.

But the approaches in general fall into a few general areas:

1) Stealth...easiest if you're a Vah Shir, which means you have Sneak. You also have to understand how to use it.
2) Training...have a competent friend/box train things out of the way. Waltz in before they return.
3) Rezzing...have a friend who is able to travel in enemy territory (Rogue/Bard/Monk/SK/Necro) drag your corpse to the spot and rez it (Merc's make it easy now...doesn't have to be a necro anymore.)
4) Frontal assult...bring enough people to kill your way there.

Vidyne

What server are you on?   What level are you?

Catnip_Inny

I killed my way to this part, my gear is mostly T5 group gear so not too bad... if u take ur time you should have no problem kiling ur way there with a cleric merc

Latang

When I did this (at lvl 70), I accepted that I had to die. With that in mind, lev on self, invis through the maze to the start of that whole pyramid area (called 4C back in the days when it was camped on Nameless) and then hang a left, hugging the wall of the pyramid. The pyramid then will be on your right as you rip through the open area around the pyramid. Around the corner, you'll see some steps. Run up them and then instead of following the path as intended, use levitate and run up the angled sides of the pyramid. takes approx 6 seconds to get to the top. Run round the top section until you find the door. You will have an awesome train following you, but they have to follow the long path. Take em at least 30 sec to get to you.

Go in the opening at the top, and drop down past the ritualist. As you float down, look for the ogre. When you see him/her, run to it, target, hail (I think that's all you have to do? double check), then giggle and wait for the massive train that will splat you eventually. Or if you have a gate potion, go ahead and try and channel it. Ogre is under water from memory, so it's gonna be hard.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Karve

The insta-click gate pots (1kpp) from PoTranq make getting out a breeze, or the summoned WoodenGate looking insta gate clicky from your friendly mage.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Old Keg

So,  Modern game.  Level 65, around 170 AA, defiant gear, the sweeper pet focus.  Journeyman 1 cleric merc.

I just fought my way up.  No problems.  Did take a while.

You do NEED levitate once you get inside the temple though.  I didn't have it, so I have to go do it again. :(  So bring bat wings.