Main Menu

freindly pet

Started by nedoirah, August 29, 2010, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedoirah

Has friendly pet been changed? I was in convorteum last week and while we were finishing a mob off, I critted some nuke (thinking it was some kind of proc) and got a message saying I was reluctantly healed for 8900 and so was the entire group. I think my group consisted of a cleric ranger and some tank class (think it was a warrior or pally) and i cant remember the last one.

Khauruk

You had a necro in your group.  Ask the necro how they did that :)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

Necromancers get an AA called Reluctant Benevolence. It's an ability that lasts for about two minutes, and gives everybody in the group the ability to proc a 4000 point base heal off of detrimental abilities/spells. Abilities that can proc Reluctant Benevolence include, but are not limited to:

Regular procs
Bard Procs (Arcane Arietta/Storm Blade/etc)
Shaman procs (Lynx/Cougar/etc)
DoTs
Nukes
Blinking
Breathing
Moving

The list goes on.

It's a ridiculously overpowered AA because it has a one in four chance to proc off of practically anything that you do during combat, and the entire group has it.

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Karve

sounds ideal to be added to our friendly pet then :)

Professional Mad Bastard.

nedoirah

Aye it should be. Thanks for letting me know what happened. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure it out ever since it happened.

k9wazere

Wow. If necros can get that, then I think our next pet proc buff should have a group prism skin recourse :p

Brane

Quote from: Inphared on August 29, 2010, 01:50:36 AMIt's a ridiculously overpowered AA because it has a one in four chance to proc off of practically anything that you do during combat, and the entire group has it.

how can it be overpowered if its for the whole group? or is this just another case of class envy.?

nedoirah

Where does this buff appear? Is it a "buff" or is it an aura or something a nerco has on him/her which just affects everyone in range?

Inphared

Quote from: Brane on August 30, 2010, 07:13:05 PM
Quote from: Inphared on August 29, 2010, 01:50:36 AMIt's a ridiculously overpowered AA because it has a one in four chance to proc off of practically anything that you do during combat, and the entire group has it.

how can it be overpowered if its for the whole group? or is this just another case of class envy.?

It's not a case of class envy - it completely unbalances the healing power that a necromancer can do (which is supposed to be self only). One person procs the spell, and it heals the entire group for 4k (8k crits if the procer has healing AAs) with a 1 in 4 chance. The 5 people in the group that are doing combat-related things (assuming you have 1 healer) have a 1 in 4 chance off of almost ANYTHING they do to proc a group heal for at least 2 minutes.

This doesn't even count having more than one necromancer in the group. Our necro group on raids consists of 5 necromancers and 1 bard - the AA is so good that they do not ever need a healer during events. Ever. That's how often it procs.

Quote from: nedoirah on August 31, 2010, 01:37:32 AM
Where does this buff appear? Is it a "buff" or is it an aura or something a nerco has on him/her which just affects everyone in range?

The buff itself is called Reluctant Benevolence, and goes into your short duration buff window. The groupheal that you would be proccing is called Reluctant Benevolence effect. Whenever you proc it, you heal your entire group for 4k (crit chances apply to that value).

Brane

QuoteIt's not a case of class envy - it completely unbalances the healing power that a necromancer can do (which is supposed to be self only)

I see it slightly differently, because necros have always been able to heal others, though for small amounts. In todays raid enviroment I dont think that a 4k heal is a big thing. I am assuming as a recourse necro heal AA dont play into it.

Sorry, I know that you know much more about bst raiding etc, then I as an alt, but even your example sounds like to envy to me. So they do not need a healer, because they have 4 necros in the group..... So the the buff running 4 times in group makes healers unneeded for that group, thats overpowered?

Be happy one more healer free for the other raid members.

Inphared

I don't see how you're not getting the magnitude of how much healing happens. Let's put it into perspective.

Unstable Creation on 8/9/2010

Unstable Creation - 77
   --- Amethyst Blast - 12 (20k AE+End drain)
   --- Blood Torrent - 8 (8k DoT)
   --- Crashing Wave - 11 (30k AE)
   --- Gravel Blast - 4 (20k AE+Stun)
   --- Magma Blast - 9 (30k AE)
   --- Root Burst - 9 (8k DoT+Root)
   --- Sapphire Blast - 12 (20k AE+Mana drain)
   --- Spore Blast - 8 (8k DoT+Adds)

Produced by GamParse v1.0.3

Necros live through that with no healing for twelve minutes. That's an average of ~6.5 AEs per minute. Let's take the worst six, and add them up. Assume for this equation that all DoT effects tic at least once.

Root+Spore+Blood+Gravel+Sapphire+Amethyst

8+8+8+20+20+20 = 84k damage per minute. At the easiest.

How is it balanced that the most powerful sustained DPS class (by a HUGE margin) is able to sustain its lifeforce by hitting an ability and then resuming doing towering DPS figures over long periods of time?

Inphared

As an addition to my previous post, let's take the 5 necros in that group and combine their casts, then get a rough estimate of how much healing they do. This isn't even counting the bard in the group, which can also proc this effect off of all of his abilities.

5 Necromancers:

#1 - 188 casts
#2 - 228 casts
#3 - 281 casts
#4 - 176 casts
#5 - 245 casts

Let's subtract about 10 (which is being over-zealous) from each of those figures to count for things like spires, breastplate effects, glyphs, etc.

178+218+271+156+235 = 1058

Now add in the 1-in-4 procrate for Reluctant Benevolence:

1058/4 = 264.5 casts of RB healing

Let's multiply by that by 4k base, assuming zero critical heals:

264.5 x 4000 = 1058000

That's 1058000 points of health PER GROUP MEMBER for the duration of that fight. AT MINIMUM. This isn't counting crits, or extra procs that go above the RNG's 1-in-4, or the bard in the group.

Please, tell me how this is balanced.

Edit:

Let's look at frequency as well!

264.5 casts over 12 minutes:

264.5/12 = 22

22 casts of this effect, per minute.

Clerics don't even heal that quickly, or efficiently lol

Grbage

Now add in the proc machine bards can be and that amount healed jumps up even more.

I wasn't aware of this ability, my necro isn't high enough for it and the class has become extinct in my raiding alliance. Wow, time to go find some to recruit until this gets nerfed. Way overpowered ability.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv