Main Menu

Grind to 90 solo

Started by Hzath, September 04, 2010, 07:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hzath

First post!

Where are you all planning to solo (full time or between groups) on your trip to the new max level?

I'm thinking I'll grab SoF instances with an alt and just solo beza or mech guardian, it'll be all light blues but at 86+ I hope to be handling the swarms more safely than now.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Orbus1

Soloing..Probably in the hotzones if they aren't way way overcrowded. With groups, I would imagine guildies will be in the new zones or Conv/Husk. I also have all those free adventure potions we got a while back.

Khauruk

RSS will probably still be good for another level, and Vald for one after that maybe.  After that, it will definitely be SoF.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

nedoirah

Quote from: Orbus1 on September 04, 2010, 12:00:23 PM
Soloing..Probably in the hotzones if they aren't way way overcrowded. With groups, I would imagine guildies will be in the new zones or Conv/Husk. I also have all those free adventure potions we got a while back.

I still have a bunch of those. I've been tempted to use them this weekend during the exp bonus week... hmm...

I haven't really thought about it since finals for this quarter in college are this week. <blegh> Working towards a double degree sucks.

Verigen

Well I'm hoping to have 100% in before it releases, should be easy enough.  So maybe another after that in rss but after that I'll be lost lol.  I do wonder if they'll open the UF zones by level as I doubt I'll be keyed for any of them when it launches.  Yet to step beyond brell's reach myself, hard on nightshift hours.

nedoirah

Quote from: Verigen on September 05, 2010, 05:54:01 AM
I do wonder if they'll open the UF zones by level as I doubt I'll be keyed for any of them when it launches.

They haven't opened any of the previously keyed zones from Prophecy of Ro (I think) to current content to level restrictions yet. They really only opened Plane of Time because nobody wants to take the time to flag for the planar zones and it was pretty much required to have Time access to access SoD content. Why buy Seeds of Destruction if you have to raid every planar zone to get flagged for Time just to play in current content? The whole SoD storyline revolved around the events in Plane of Time. Lost Dungeons of Norrath (part of its central story with the Wayfarers Brotherhood), Gates of Discord, and Omens of War were just after-effects of our Time raids. Content prior to Planes of Power became so trivial and because they opened Time to everyone of sufficient level, they decided to just unlock those keyed/flagged zones. PoP and older content is at least 7 years old now.

On a side note and not to derail this thread, I hope they bring back the Giants3 and Dragons3 events. Those were a lot of fun.

Now that I've had time to think about where to solo/molo/box, I think I'll hit some of the SoD t3-t5 zones. Field of Scale is really easy to solo but you have a lot of competition for mobs/namers. Toskirak is fun if you box depending on which camp you take and there isn't as much competition for mobs as in FoS (at least on my server). I also like the Precipice of War task: Studying the Portal for easy no-competition exp.

Blarp

ioll be zerging UF tasks yield aboult 12-20% reg exp a task lvl 85 atm. takes 45 min thats without LOTD

Grbage

I'll most likely be hitting up whatever the hotzone is unless it's still lagging plains. They've made that zone better for me but there is still lag issues when someone is mass pulling easy mobs.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Xillik

I don't solo much anymore because my Boss just transferred over to my server. Boss is running  War / Wiz and I am running Bst / Enc. I would Imagine I will be spending a lot of time in Mech Guardian for the first few levels. Then probably move into some of the newer content to experiment with. Mech Guardian is alot of fun, and by the end of a good night I get to line my wallet a bit.

Ranar

I've been pondering on where be some good grind spots to lvl up .... outside of doing the LC xp quests (think about 3 of them really easy) .. I'll probably spend alot of time in steam factory ... the area where spindlecrank pops in the raid instance is a nice spot for a good grind ... they are dark blue for 85 i'm hopeing they dont turn light blue for atleast couple lvls.. also at that camp can get cle div aura to drop (gotten 3 so far there)...

I hardly solo anymore these days . so not sure if soloable , but would guess is doable... I'm almost always boxing these days when grinding... easier to lvl the crew instead of the one ) hehe

ranar

Blarp

i Been thinking that Korafax Might even be ok Solo EXp. or maybe OBF. its not to tuff zones any more will be tons faster kills then UF so i might stay  in a zone like that for a while, in the right camp there is endless mobs.

wildwaters

Khauruk

Quote from: wildwaters on September 10, 2010, 10:59:54 PM
SoD exp sucked

There is one instance in SoD that's supposed to be amazing xp according to a guildmate of mine.  He'll be grinding there.  All white to yellows at least vs. an 85 toon, lots and lots of mobs.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Grbage

Murdunks is pretty good xp, just don't finish it and you can recycle it.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Blarp

Murdunkjs is to slow pace kills, OBF stand in hte middle of the field by CoD with an ench and u have INsta pulls and all the mobs ANY group can handle they take me NO time at all to kill solo i was teting it out Solo no merk i got 13% aa a kill should be faily good lvl exp solo.