Main Menu

Which shawl are you guys using?

Started by bradam, August 26, 2010, 03:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunar

Yeh, I'd go with either the caster or hybrid one myself.
Now, to find the time to do this quest myself too  :-D

Sharrien

Finally got #6 done last weekend after re-farming chaos essences, grrrr.  I'll probably give the tank version a try and see how it goes, if it doesn't seem to help I can always switch later (I think?) to caster or hybrid.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Inphared

Quote from: Sharrien on August 30, 2010, 01:36:58 PM
I can always switch later (I think?)

Costs you 10k per switch after the first one.

Blarp

witch 10k to play with it is nothing augs used to cost that!

Karve

Any walkthrough/checklist spoiler for this quest please (I have deliberately avoided any t/skill item with a vengeance but feel I may have to have a look at this one...)

Professional Mad Bastard.

Sharrien

I think the Alla posts are the most helpful:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5044 is the first one.

If you are not already at 300 in all skills, concentrate on those first.  The first quests are for baking then pottery then tailoring, so get those skills done first, or you can start on those quests while you work on finishing your other tradeskills.

Some things you can pre-loot, most you can't.  Save any essences you find (Essence of Substance, Essence of Will, etc) for shawl #6, these are prelootable and will save you a lot of farming time later.

Something to note on the tailoring one.  Aftter you get the kobold/gnoll skins and start collecting the slush water in Cooling Chambers, collect all the water you need until the task step is done before you attempt any combines.  That step checks how many waters are on you, so if you start doing combines while waiting for the clicky to refresh and you aren't paying attention like I wasn't, you will waste your skins and waters and will have to do the combines over again anyway.

You can get the quest, but to finish #6 you need to have Convorteum access, so if you aren't there yet, get flagged.

Biggest pain in the ass for me was getting the jelly in Arthicrex for #4, followed closely by how long it took to collect mephit wings for two toons for #3.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

bradam

heh and make sure you have an open inventory space for the rune case on the fletching one.  I had full inventory/no drop items in bags and screwed myself because i had to destroy the case I just made and petition to get it back as it didn't show up in the recovery tab  =/

Hzath

So after a few weeks of hard work I finished my shawl.  Using the 7th group shawl (caster version) I just got 17,200 mana from procs during my lesson burn.  It's well worth the effort (coming from someone like me who never had a tradeskill past 160 before starting work on this) if anyone was sitting on the fence about doing it.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Blarp

nice man i just finshed my 1.0 i been sitting on all the items for weeks lol i have most my pre loots for shawl 1.0 so now i just gota start i been so busy helping  apps and working on getting new apps i just have not had the time =-/

bradam

Do weapon procs use up the shawl charges?  Just got mine as well and was tryin to figure that out.   I gotta say the shawl walk part was a blast, wtb that robot's dps...

Inphared