Main Menu

How useful is that 2-hander anyways? (HoT)

Started by Khauruk, December 11, 2010, 09:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

So, I've seen people asking if 2 handers are even an option currently for beastlords.  It has been quite a while since I've seen any parses (last ones I saw where TBS-timeframe, and I did them).  Well, we've gained quite a bit of double attack, triple attack, etc, etc, which might impact the difference.

So, with that, I looted a 2hb and hit testcopy today to check it out.  I used a setup which I think approximates a set of weapons available in a tier of content.  In this case, T2 HoT.  I don't know how relative ratios compare between tiers (i.e. do 2hbs gain on h2h's in T4, etc).

1 Handers:
Flesh Scourge 58/18 (3.222 ratio)
Scaled Fist 61/19 (3.21 ratio)
Both aug-ed w/ lifetaps, because they are my lifetap weapon set.  Scaled Fist was looted on a rot in the Grounds.

2 Hand Blunt:
Vicious Smasher 159.5/35 (4.55 ratio)  Looted while rotting in the Grounds.

I'm not going to post actual dps numbers, since they are irrelevant.  I do have I think every melee dps AA up through UF except attack and heroic Strength.  I have one or two levels of double attack from HoT and not much else which would impact this.  Level 89 currently, so 100 Triple Attack, 95 Double Attack.

The 2-hander did about 70% the dps of the 1handers in melee damage.

I would expect it to gain somewhat on the 1-handers while using Nature's Fury with it's flurry mod (mainhand is only one to flurry iirc).

So, it might be worthwhile to loot one from a higher tier depending on your weapons (like a new raider in Convort if they can get one cheaply).  Still not much use other than that, but they do appear to have gained on 1h since the last time I looked (at the time Anguish weapons would need a >Solteris raid 2hb to compare).
TURNCOAT!!!!!

bradam

Quote from: Khauruk on December 11, 2010, 09:15:15 PM
So, it might be worthwhile to loot one from a higher tier depending on your weapons (like a new raider in Convort if they can get one cheaply).

Thought the purpose of those was to get 2 and crush them down to a h2h?  =p

Group wise it would be interesting to see what the T4 2hander does vrs a set of the t4 h2h's.   I used to raid with a guy that bando'd a 2hander in every time feral swipe was up, never did parse it to see if that made any differnce tho.

Khauruk

Well, if FS uses weapon damage (I can't recall atm), it certainly would parse better...for FS.  The question is would it be worth it to lose that dps while bandoliering back and forth, and more importantly, is it worth the aggravation?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

Feral Swipe is an offhand skill attack. It has its own damage table and is not affected by weapon damage.

To further elaborate - even if it was a weapon-damage check, since it's an offhand skill attack, using a two handed weapon would reduce your offhand damage to zero, thus giving you an even worse benefit.

nedoirah

Quote from: Inphared on December 12, 2010, 01:54:32 AM
Feral Swipe is an offhand skill attack. It has its own damage table and is not affected by weapon damage.

I always thought it was a primary hand based attack. That's good to know. Is there any way to raise the damage done by FS? I have it maxxed currently so I'm curious.

Inphared

Nusa

Add in the loss of DPS from NOT having Gelid Claw procs going off as well. That's true of any non-H2H weapon, of course, not just 2-handers.

Khauruk

Hmm....interesting.  I noticed that my 2hb skill was about 150 points short of max the first time I did this, so I got the skill maxed again, and just testcopied over, etc....

Essentially no change.  Oh well...I was hoping it might pull up to 80-85%, so as to be situationally useful.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Clawsome

I use the 2 Hander for when im grabbing too much aggro from tank so for me it is useful.

Orbus1

QuoteI use the 2 Hander for when im grabbing too much aggro from tank so for me it is useful.

Why are you grabbing too much aggro? The only time I ever find myself grabbing too much aggro from the tank is if; A. the tank is just not as well equppied, B. he sucks, or C. I am not watching what I cast. 99% of the time if I readjust my casting, basically not casting Venin first and not casting it every second it refreshes then I rarely will pull aggro. I would think that would be a lot easier than switching to another weapon set.

Khauruk

If your melee is grabbing agro off the tank, that tank has serious serious serious issues, and I'd guess it would be better if you tanked.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Vidyne

Well clawsome is only level 80.  He may not have good quality tanks.

I can grab aggro from a tank early in the battle, but most tanks I group with can take it right back almost instantly, and shortly after that, i can't get aggro off them for the rest of the fight.