Main Menu

Ideas for 2011 expansion/State of the Class

Started by Khauruk, December 17, 2010, 06:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vidyne

Quote from: Mordeb42 on January 14, 2011, 09:25:06 PM
Wasn't there an AA in beta for pets summoning pets or something they couldn't get to work correctly?

Friendly pet?
They had issues making the pets know who their master was, they said.   They would turn around and attack group members or something like that.

Orbus1

1.  Some kind of castable snare/root would be awesome. Pet snare can even overwrite either, but being able to cast as needed would be awesome.
2.  Group Fero(as already mentioned) I would prefer group castable vs aura so there are no issues, and timer extension aa's
3.  AA's to lessen FD fail rate.
4.  Being able to summon pet gear or our pet being created with gear. I think it would also be awesome to be able to see it, an armored white wolf       would look kick butt. Or give us ranks to our pets, Rk I is basic, Rk II has armor, Rk III has armor and weapons when summoned. No procs on the weapons that are summoned either, I don't want to have to deal with my pet having a fire/ice or whatever proc and I can't use him like on the snake in Masked Invaders.
5.  Flurry would be nice but I just use the personal tribute one and have for a long time.
6.  The ideas for SV are interesting, gives a niche for it to be used on raids and I am sure the casters won't mind.
7.  The usual upgrades and pluses we normally get: lower fail rate on possum, CS/CA, triple and double attack and so on.
8.  Make Gelid Claw an aa that we have to activate.

In regards to the suggestion about another passive aa that causes damage I don't want to see it, in fact as I mentioned in my list I would like to see Gelid Claw taken off the passive list. We already have raid mobs now that I can't attack on because I can't control Gelid Claw, I don't want to have to deal with another one.

Hzath

Quote from: Vidyne on January 15, 2011, 05:34:52 PM
Wasn't there an AA in beta for pets summoning pets or something they couldn't get to work correctly?

Friendly pet?
They had issues making the pets know who their master was, they said.   They would turn around and attack group members or something like that.

Prolific Minion.  Short duration AA that allowed the warder to proc his own pets (same model only tiny), belonging to the warder and being npcs there were indeed issues of them fighting players and other weird stuff.  Other than the "neat" factor it wasn't really much dps, and people would have hated us even more adding more pets to the mix.

Here's a screenshot from UF beta, if you look at the names you can see there's a ton of them.

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss199/mille424/EQ000079.jpg?t=1295119964
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Blarp

Im Vdery happy with the thigns we have gotten From HoT, that said we cant just fall off the map this next Xpack.

FD aa's FOr spells. hastened  success rate.
chem Strike, More ranks timer can stay the same reallly.
Bire os asp( all 3 lines) more ranks 1-2 more hastened ranks

But thats all going to be considered what is liek to see is maybe something new. or changed.

TASTE OF BLOOD, CHange it so its not a 100% worthless AA line and bring it back.
- Heres  how i think it would work, Proven with zerk's.

Make it Proc FOr the Beastlord and warder if the Player( beastlord) lands the fatel Blow or Fishing blow, BOth go into rage, make the proc More up to date and then  it would be usefull, i score TONS of final shots raid group and solo. this would be nice and zerkers all ready have it just need to ass the Code for it to hit pet as well,( its out there with the new  pet hastte so on)

Bumkus

I'd like to see group utility added to warder
Warder push for OTing (like Shm push back Root, but with our warder)
AE Slow
Pet Fade for Pulling.

Anything really.  The warder is just a buffable DoT in group play. 

Also, get rid of the damn werewolf illusion on pact.  Make a second AA that does same think but with no illusion, so people have their pick.

Zebrn Beasword

I like a lot of the ideas already generated.  My top two are...

1) Group Fero, even make the timer 1/2 the single version, I don't really care.
2) For the love of god, please make Pact of the Wurine into two buffs, illusion and other.  There is no reason an entire class should always have to be wurine form. 
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Blarp

Group fero id say is my number 1 fave Keep both lines Single target as is, and make a group one Even if it's just say 100% the same as we get now and the new single target fero is a small upgrade IM ok with that i casted fero at raids over 78 times 2 nights ago B4 alkbor fight.. i mean OMFG>

Zunar

It could be nice if our poison and disease dot spells would be combined into one spell, that triggers both, like Kron's triggers several nukes.
Also I'd like to see those dot spells half their current duration and double the damage.

Blarp

that will never happen  but it be nice thats for sure but it cut our dps, they are insta cast and with tonic's/ ench aura( or mana flair) u dont get the proc for both.

Zunar

Frenzy of Spirit, to target our warder as well as self would be nice.

Mordeb42

Quote from: Orbus1 on January 15, 2011, 07:06:56 PM
8.  Make Gelid Claw an aa that we have to activate.

In regards to the suggestion about another passive aa that causes damage I don't want to see it, in fact as I mentioned in my list I would like to see Gelid Claw taken off the passive list. We already have raid mobs now that I can't attack on because I can't control Gelid Claw, I don't want to have to deal with another one.

As a primary grouper, I didn't realize the proc was such a liability. 

What would rock is if SOE could create toggle keys for certain ablities.  Press the hotkey once and it stays down active.  Press it again and it pops up inactive.  I know a lot of bst would like to be able to toggle subtly etc.

Mordeb42

Quote from: Blarp on January 16, 2011, 01:48:41 AM
TASTE OF BLOOD, CHange it so its not a 100% worthless AA line and bring it back.

I agree.

Khauruk

The no fire/ice/whatever mechanisms are irritating with these AAs in game, but I expect them to be largely phased out next expansion as passe, in favor of a new irritating trivial to bypass mechanic for raids.

We can try for toggles, but there are actually code problems with that, per Prathun or Elidroth, and it's doubtful imo that they'd devote code time to this.  Especially given the number of years we were begging for deagro and now we're begging just to be able to control it to serve a role they don't envision the class having.

Taste of Blood sadly won't happen.  I'd love to try for an additional version which mimics the ranger AA like it though (except for the end regen that we don't need).
TURNCOAT!!!!!

bradam

Quote from: Hzath on January 15, 2011, 07:34:09 PM
Quote from: Vidyne on January 15, 2011, 05:34:52 PM

Friendly pet?
They had issues making the pets know who their master was, they said.   They would turn around and attack group members or something like that.

Prolific Minion.  Short duration AA that allowed the warder to proc his own pets (same model only tiny), belonging to the warder and being npcs there were indeed issues of them fighting players and other weird stuff.  Other than the "neat" factor it wasn't really much dps, and people would have hated us even more adding more pets to the mix.

Here's a screenshot from UF beta, if you look at the names you can see there's a ton of them.

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss199/mille424/EQ000079.jpg?t=1295119964

ahh they were fun, sad panda that they didn't make it live  =/   
You'd literally have like 30+ up sometimes, it was hilarious.

I think some player AE spells were hitting them causing agro but I never had them attack me.  They did leave corpses if killed and sometimes dropped beta tokens/defiant gear I found lol. 

What I didn't like was they pretty gave them to every single class that could get some kind of crappy pet out.  Should have been a beast only aa, or at the very max a beast/mage/necro one imo

Sevaril

Ok this isnt realy beast specific its just something my room mate recommended.
He just started playing eq for the first time ( a necro ) and realy realy likes aa's the only thing he wish there was, and to me it makes sense , is a way to plan what aa's you want to take in game and filter the crap or non wanted at time  like a personal buildable aa filter ,(( hell may exist just i dont know of one if it does OOPS!! lol ))
make things easier