Main Menu

Naggy Team (box) help

Started by AbyssalMage, February 07, 2011, 07:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbyssalMage

I am strictly making a box so that I can fight Naggy...If I can find him up - so I can finish the dang Pally Epic :-(

Basically with Defiant Gear + Jewlery I think (really really hope) a 2-box team can handle Naggy and his AoE's. I should be able to use 2 Merc's (because it isn't an instance) so the real question becomes.....

What would be the best combo...
Tanks
SK -
Pro's - Tank Class, HT, Sword + Board, Life Tap, DoT's (If they would even land)
Con's - Self Heal only, Merc may be just as good?

Pally -
Pro's - Tank Class, LoH, Sword + Board, heals/cure, Brells, Magic Resist
Con's - DPS, Merc may be just as good?

War -
Pro's - Tank Class, Best mitigation of the *Tank* classes, Sword + Board or 2 x 1hs weapon option
Con's - Can't Heal (unlike the other 2 tanks), Merc may be just as good?

DPS
Monk -
Pros' - Mend, FD, DPS, can take a few hits
Con's - Finding weapons (weapon's that can be used by a level 52 Monk can be challenging to find)

Ranger -
Pro's - Epic (can slow)*, can take a hit, DPS, heal/cure, Magic Resist, Fire Resist
Con's - Less DPS than Monk

Wizard -
Pro's - Nukes (Lures)
Con's - Casting under Naggy could be a problem (Would it be even more DPS than an /afk Mellee?)

Zerker -
Pro's - Mellee, can take a hit
Con's - Low DPS until AA'd (Isn't going to happen at 52)

Rogue -
Pro's - DPS
Con's - Fragile, must dedicate my time to Rogue to even be considered DPS @ 52

Necro -
Pro's - DoT's
Con's - Casting under Naggy could be a problem, Agro, fragile

Mage/BST/Druid -
Pro's - Heals(Druid), Magic Resist (Druid, BST), Fire Resist (Druid, BST [?]), DS (Druid, Mage), Epic (Bst, Can slow*)
Con's - Too many to list for trying to box against Naggy

Utilit/Other
Chanty -
Pro's - Slow, Tash, MR, haste
Con's - Pretty useless once those 2 spells land (If they land)

Shaman -
Pro's - Malo, Slow, Panther (or what ever the lvl 50 spell is called), heals/cure, Cani, Resist Buffs, Haste
Con's - Defiant gear makes their buffs pretty useless

Bard -
Pro's - Reists + Haste + DS (Can't be despelled)
Con's - Very low DPS

Cleric -
Pro's - Can hide behind the corner (Out of AoE), Heals/Cure
Con's - Merc may be just as good?

* I know there are some weapons that proc slow in game, specifically ones for Rogue + War that I know of (I can actually transfer a dagger that proc's Slow if I use a rogue)
I plan on using HoT potions for additional heals and healing aug's from vendors in home cities.

Combo's I'm seriously considering -
1) Monk/Shammy (Cleric + Tank Merc)
2) Monk/Bard (Cleric + Tank Merc)
3) Monk/SK (Cleric Merc x 2 or Cleric + Rogue Merc)
4) Monk/Monk (Cleric merc x 2 or Cleric + Tank Merc)
5) SK/Shammy (Cleric + Rogue Merc)

I'm honestly favoring (1) and (3) the most but wanted to get the opinion of others. And ask if anyone else is Boxing Naggy/Vox and what they use. I know it is trivial with a 3 box but I don't have access to a 3rd account unless someone is willing to give up an active account/password. And don't want to waist my time if none of these combo's work or if it is impossible to box Naggy/Vox. And feel free to suggest another option if I am over looking something (i.e. a spell/item overcomes some weakness that I have stated).
The more responses the better, specifically if it allows me a 3rd target (dragon) to get that dang Pally Book
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Khauruk

I think you'll just find it's trivial.  Any of those sets could work, I'm sure.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

Find a healer box - nothing fancy, just something that can heal.

Shroud your main down to level 50.

Buy a level 50 tank/dps mercenary.

Go fight Nagafen. The tank mercenary will take almost no damage, and you can heal him from outside the room with your high-level healer-type person.

Win.

The healer will get banished every time (s)he heals, so be prepared to run back - at high levels, this shouldn't be a problem.

Nusa

While you're waiting for Naggy to pop, watch for/farm Severilous (EJ) and Talendor (Skyfire). They have a chance of dropping the book as well, and with no level restrictions are trivial kills for your main.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Nusa on February 07, 2011, 01:51:29 PM
While you're waiting for Naggy to pop, watch for/farm Severilous (EJ) and Talendor (Skyfire). They have a chance of dropping the book as well, and with no level restrictions are trivial kills for your main.

I finally found Talendor up and he dropped the book. But I made the SK/Monk Combo after reading some boards so I will report back when I've done a few runs. Only took 3 weeks to find Talendor up and drop the book. Only seen Severilous up once and didn't drop. Thats why I was going to add Naggy into the mix.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord

Mazame

Box any class with a T5 J merc healer.  shroud your main to level 50 and head to zone. when you get there mark your box level 90 toon as puller so the level 90 merc healer will follow you. then go to town and kill naggy. the 90 merc wont get bannished and you can kill naggy. if you want it to go faster take more boxes for DPS but in truth the 90 merc healer can tank and keep you a live.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Mazame on February 15, 2011, 08:15:20 AM
Box any class with a T5 J merc healer.  shroud your main to level 50 and head to zone. when you get there mark your box level 90 toon as puller so the level 90 merc healer will follow you. then go to town and kill naggy. the 90 merc wont get bannished and you can kill naggy. if you want it to go faster take more boxes for DPS but in truth the 90 merc healer can tank and keep you a live.
Didn't think you couyld have a Merc up while shrouded...Thought that was fixed many patches ago when people shrouded to level 5, bought a merc, then unshrouded. I thought Sony's fix was to make it so you couldn't use a Merc while shrouded. Will have to see now that you mention it.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord

Karve

When swapping my mercs, I shroud down to level 5, and keep dismissing em until I get one with a name I like, then go unshroud and pay the upgrade :)

merc cost at level 5 is so negligable that it doesnt notice.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Nusa

Quote from: AbyssalMage on February 15, 2011, 09:04:25 AM
Quote from: Mazame on February 15, 2011, 08:15:20 AM
Didn't think you couyld have a Merc up while shrouded...Thought that was fixed many patches ago when people shrouded to level 5, bought a merc, then unshrouded. I thought Sony's fix was to make it so you couldn't use a Merc while shrouded. Will have to see now that you mention it.
No, you didn't catch what Mazame was saying. Shroud the toon who needs the drop to level 50 in something that can dps. Take a level 90 box along, with a level 90 cleric merc. The 90 box won't get banished because he will be parked out of sight doing nothing. The 90 merc won't get banished cause he's a merc, not a PC (consider this a bug, if you will). Your shrouded toon won't die cause a level 90 cleric is godly in that situation, and will end up both healing you and tanking Naggy. You dps and win.