Main Menu

Summon companion question

Started by Zunar, January 01, 2011, 03:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunar

I wonder about our improved summon companion AA.
At the top HoT AA rank, it's supposed to wipe agro off the pet.
Summon Companion
Slot Description
1:  Call Pet
2:  97% Chance to trigger: Pet Fade

I've played around with this, and it seems to work fine as long as pet only has one mob in it's hatelist.
With multiple mobs on pets hatelist it doesn't seem to do anything.
Anyone else tried this?

red20069

I use this all the time on raids with many mobs on agro and in the event of a wipe as long as i live so does my pet

kharthai

Haven't personally had issues with multiple mobs causing issues, seems to work well for me (aside from the fact that fade should trigger before the call).

Sabbu

the issue may of been that its a 97% Chance to trigger: Pet Fade per mob and one of the mobs landed in that 3% fail rate?

kharthai

Quote from: Sabbu on January 01, 2011, 06:59:01 PM
one of the mobs landed in that 3% fail rate?
Pretty sure it doesn't check per mob.  Shouldn't make a difference if you have 1 on aggro or 300.

Make sure you're backing off pet before you use it of course, and in range, other than that might have been bad luck /shrug

Vidyne

i have not got this to work at all, however I may be mis-interpreting its use.

I am assuming it is intended to make the mobs forget about the pet, however it never works in this way.  If a mob has aggro on the pet, the AA simply does not work and gives the message about it not working.

kharthai

At rank 4 the fade will almost always fire.  However, it does the summon first, which will always fail if your pet does have aggro.  The fail message only refers to the summon.  Naturally if pet attack is on nothing will happen, have to back off first.

I bought the AA's initially because I thought it'd be a good repositioning tool, but with the way it works (summon first, fade 2nd) it sucks for that.  Hopefully the order will be changed eventually, who knows.

What it is good for is saving your pet when you have to fd (pet back off, summon companion, fd).  Is also good in any situation where your pet's aggro is causing positioning problems, hit summon companion and tank should be able to move mob.  In that case it doesn't matter if you back off first, since you're just resetting your pet's aggro rather than trying to clear it completely.

Zunar

Yeah I have a hotbutton for this, which makes the pet back off first and then summon companion. Still it doesn't clear agro properly.
I've had it working sometimes with multiple mobs, but often the pet just gets killed when I FD. Not sure why.

kharthai

Weird.  Is ghold on, are you using pet slow?

Zunar

nedoirah

Quote from: Zunar on January 02, 2011, 09:13:52 AM
Yeah I have a hotbutton for this, which makes the pet back off first and then summon companion. Still it doesn't clear agro properly.
I've had it working sometimes with multiple mobs, but often the pet just gets killed when I FD. Not sure why.

Are you summoning far enough away that agro has a chance to properly clear? I don't have the aa yet but it's high on my list if/when I hit 90.

Eatmice

i cannot get this to work, i've tried everything. but maybe im not far enough away?

kharthai

Distance is not required for it to work, though if you're too far away it likely will not work.  Have used it with mob and pet 2 feet away without problems.  Could be a bug somewhere I guess.

Can also set an audio trigger for "Yourname's warder slips into the shadows." Should let you know if it's not firing.

Vidyne

I was able to get it to work in Alkabor on a bear.

Sent pet to attack bear
had pet back off and be in hold state so he wouldn't reaggro
as pet was running back to me, I summon companioned then FDed
Bear went on its merry way.

nedoirah

Quote from: Vidyne on January 08, 2011, 09:08:56 PM
I was able to get it to work in Alkabor on a bear.

Sent pet to attack bear
had pet back off and be in hold state so he wouldn't reaggro
as pet was running back to me, I summon companioned then FDed
Bear went on its merry way.

This could be used as a pulling method. It would take some skill and refinement to get it to work consistantly.