Main Menu

Summon companion question

Started by Zunar, January 01, 2011, 03:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabbu

I have used this many times to pull with, along with hobble, rune the pet, send him in and make sure he has snared a mob, drop agro off your pet then FD.  let the adds path back and pull the snared mob.

Zunar

Quote from: Sabbu on January 09, 2011, 03:14:03 AM
I have used this many times to pull with, along with hobble, rune the pet, send him in and make sure he has snared a mob, drop agro off your pet then FD.  let the adds path back and pull the snared mob.

When FD fails, like it can do for me often twice in a row, it does get interesting though, but not in a good way :P
But else it could be a decent way to pull. One other note is, even if you set yourself puller, the cleric merc will still attempt to heal your pet during pulls, and will likely mess everything up if you don't set it passive every time, and if any others mercs in group, ask them to set theirs passive every time as well during a pull..

I mostly use FD as a safe way to go afk, since I got kids and can't always stay at the keyboard...it's funny when you're standing somewhere safe, with no agro, and FD has failed up to three times in a row (mind 30 seconds to wait every time), when you're just waiting to be FD so you can go Afk :P

Anyways, I still had summon companion fail to wipe agro off the pet..just don't know for sure why it only happens sometimes. It seems to work every time when only 1 mob is agro on the pet, but fails with multiple mobs. They still chase down and kill the pet, and then come after me.

bradam

Quote from: nedoirah on January 09, 2011, 12:58:25 AM
Quote from: Vidyne on January 08, 2011, 09:08:56 PM
I was able to get it to work in Alkabor on a bear.

Sent pet to attack bear
had pet back off and be in hold state so he wouldn't reaggro
as pet was running back to me, I summon companioned then FDed
Bear went on its merry way.

This could be used as a pulling method. It would take some skill and refinement to get it to work consistantly.

It works to pull if pet gets a snare off and you get semi lucky on how the mobs path, other wise pet snare fades before your first FD agro clears. 

The irony for me was the only HoT T4 camp I needed some fancy tricks to pull was the forrest area in MC and warder wont attack the wisps =/