Main Menu

power source

Started by strongbus, January 08, 2011, 03:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strongbus

what is need to be able to use power sources?  i can use but wife can't have herd that you have to do something to be flagged to use the player made one or such.

Blarp

There are 2 types Trans ( Group) and Pure( raid)     Elemental is what i use on my bst.

strongbus

its not that.  blarp its the fact that when she gose to click on the ps to get the orb to use it won't change to the orb like shes not flagged or such to use it.  we need to find out why she can't

Inphared

Two suggestions:

1) Instead of saying "help plz" and posting no info, it would really help if you posted things like the following:

• Level of the clicker
  • Flags that you think you have
  • The type of powersource you're trying to use
  • Anything else that you think might be pertinent

2) Reading the powersource will give you some general insight as to what you may or may not be missing.

My guess is she hasn't participated in any raid past The Buried Sea, at all, and is therefore unable to click any powersources due to being unflagged.

Byratan

IIRC the Trans Sources only have a level requirement while the Pures has both a flag and level requirement...

Nusa

I don't know the level requirements, but if you have items with purity on them that you are wearing, odds are you're there. If you don't have purity items, there's no benefit from powersources anyway. Can't be higher than 75, since that was the max level when powersources were implemented.

Trans = Group, Pure = Raid. If someone doesn't raid (or have a "in" to get added to a raid), forget about using Pure. Having credit for any raid in SoF or SoD will work to unlock Pures. Logically UF and HoT raids should work too, but it's possible they weren't added to the list...anyone know for sure?

Oh, there's still the original method to unlock Pures....raiding Solteris! Each event win unlocks several, and if you win all seven events, the entire set is unlocked. Doing it this way also unlocks a way to buy the orbs from a merchant rather than having to tradeskilll them. (The merchant doesn't respect the alternate way of flagging for Pures, sorry.)

Grbage

We had the whole unlock discussion in raid chat and a fairly informed person said that UF raids do unlock raid PS's but take that as you may. I haven't gone and looked it up myself.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Nusa

Now that I've looked, level requirements are listed right on the items. It's level 75 required to use powersources of any type, sealed or not.

Byratan

There are some that are only level 65/70 to use (think they may be TSed), check the bazaar for'em

Nusa

Ok, I'm wrong, the level 75 requirement is for Translucent and Pure, which are the only ones I've ever handled, made, or even desired.

Eqtraders shows recipies for Dull (30), Murky (50), Foggy (60), Cloudy (65), and Misty (70) as well. And I guess there's a whole slew of purity-improved tradeskill armor for those levels as well. Likely none of it actually worth making, other than for giggles.

Khauruk

Well, the TBS tradeskilled armors *were* nice, but then Defiant came out and destroyed that.  I had a shaman and ranger box in the 40s/50s using it, and it was already drastically OP for the content (before power sources)
TURNCOAT!!!!!