Main Menu

hotkey setup for a dps beastlord

Started by Bumkus, January 22, 2011, 07:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bumkus

So here is my main hotkey set up.  I thought this might be helpful to someone out there.

The number in parenthesis is the number key it is tied to on my keyboard.

Healing (1)
Cast Jorra's Mending

Slow (2)
Cast Sha's Reprisal
Include /g pulling %t message if puller

Spell hotkey (3)
Bind bottom 4 spells to number key 3
Leave Shout at the Moon as manual cast

Raid assist (4)
/assist raid

Combat hotkey (5)
/discipline rush rk. II
/doability 3         kick
/alt activate 247      Feral Swipe
/alt activate 986      Bite of the Asp
/alt activate 11080  Chameleon Strike

Group assist (6)
/assist group

Def disc (7)
/alt activate 458    Warder's gift
/alt activate 444    Companion's Sacrifice
/bandolier activate Defense

I manually click off BV and click Prot disc if necessary

Pet Back off (8)
/pet back off

Kick ATK (9)
/discipline Bestial Vivisection rk. II
/attack on
/doability 3 kick

Pet attack (10)
/pet attack

Disc buttons (not tied to number keys.  manual click)
BA!
/alt activate 443    Bestial Bloodrage
/discipline Bestial Vivisection rk. II
/discipline Nature's Fury rk. II
/alt activate 245    Bestial Alignment
/g <<< BURN DISC >>> Nature's Fury! 100 hands for 48 sec

manually click glyph or Circle of Power before burn

EF!
/alt activate 443
/blockspell add me 27099   27099 is short buff of BV
/blockspell remove me 27099
/alt activate 124    Frenzy of Spirit
/discipline Empathic Fury

manually click glyph or Circle of Power before burn

Miscellaneous
/alt activate 11073  FD
/discipline flurry of claws rk. II
/stance reactive       (to put merc in to reactive stance)
/blockspell add me 27099   27099 is short buff of BV
/blockspell remove me 27099

Vidyne

Quick question.

How do you manually click off BV?  I never have found the icon to click.  It is on my warder, but not anywhere in my song or buff box.

nedoirah

BV is a disc with a recourse effect that hits our pets.

Khauruk

Quote from: Vidyne on January 22, 2011, 11:29:23 PM
Quick question.

How do you manually click off BV?  I never have found the icon to click.  It is on my warder, but not anywhere in my song or buff box.

Click the icon in your combat abilities window.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Khauruk

I do almost everything from the keyboard except click burn discs, click on targets in ext. target window, and loot.

Alt-~ - nuke multibind
1 - attack
2 - melee spam key (Viv, Swipe, Rush, C. Strike, Bite/Raven's)
3 - Assist
4 - Pet Attack
5 - Assist
6 - pet back
7 - natural invis
8 - FPoS macro w/ tell to recipient and bstchat
9 - FD
10 - Protective Spirit Macro (block viv, def, unblock viv)

All burn discs clicked manually, w/ macro for Empathic Fury for viv blocking.
All non-multibind spells used manually.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Bumkus

i do almost everything from keyboard also.  mouse is basically for targeting and for spinning around to face target.

my spells and combat abilities are all tie to number keys 3 and 5, so i can easiliy toggle back and forth spamming the two keys with one hand while i work the mouse with the other.

I tell ya, once you go mulitbind, you'll never go back.  its good stuff

Jili

Instead of having separate assist buttons for raid and group you can just /assist main.

Assists group or raid assigned assist.

Zunar

Quote from: Jili on January 25, 2011, 08:56:45 AM
Instead of having separate assist buttons for raid and group you can just /assist main.

Assists group or raid assigned assist.

That's what I used for years too.

Ranar

guess im just old .. i still do /assist (toon name) ... hehe

Katlipso

o.k i have been looking this whole forum over for the last 2 days making sure i didn't miss anything or i just wasn't seeing it ..  I want to get the most out od my dps as possible ..  but i'm not sure what i am doing is the "correct" way of getting all my dps out . curious to know what people use for there burns weither short or long ..  as i am maxed aa i can glyph pretty much all the time if needed ..  any info would be great >.<

Nusa

This thread is more about how to hit fewer buttons to dps than it is about getting the best dps. There are some other threads on burn dps...shouldn't be too hard to find.

Anytime you combine multiple functions on one key you lose flexibility in using those functions separately, unless you also have separate keys set up. On the other hand, for someone who really is a lazy player (or a boxer with too much to handle), then lazy-man keys will probably improve that person's dps by using things they've been ignoring.

Phurrie

Quote from: Khauruk on January 23, 2011, 02:31:41 AM
click on targets in ext. target window

May be teaching Grandma etc. etc. but you can access targets in the extended target window by using Ctrl + F1, Ctrl + F2 etc.

Bumkus

Quote from: Nusa on January 28, 2011, 12:05:46 AM
This thread is more about how to hit fewer buttons to dps than it is about getting the best dps. There are some other threads on burn dps...shouldn't be too hard to find.

there are other threads about the theory behind dps'ing, but I haven't see a lot spelling out technical setup.  It can be difficult to translate theory into implementation with EQ's clunky system.

Personally i need to control all my clicks through keyboard, which is why i use "lazy man" keys.  there is too much lag on raids to get quick clicks with a mouse, and that is with a pretty good connection.

Nusa

I was just trying to prevent the high-jack from your topic to dps theory.

If you're experiencing mouse-lag, it's got nothing to do with bandwidth/connection...you've got too much going on for your cpu/gpu to handle at a good frame rate. Turning off eye-candy is important for raiding with less powerful machines.

I'm a keyboard player too, at least for the common combat stuff. I've nothing against the combo hotkeys concept, so long as people UNDERSTAND what's happening when they use them. The only thing I'd never do is use up hotkeys for things like single-spells or single-discs that are already available on the keyboard (alt-# or ctrl-#)....there aren't enough hotkeys to go around as it is, even with all 4 bars up.